We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Huricanado View Post
    I have yet to try that one. Well done with it. I retried Survival in Barrow Downs recently and made it to right around 45 minutes solo. This was in blue line. In red I only made it to about 30. The only reason I died in blue is because my gear all started breaking and once I lost my weapon it was just a slow but sure death. I would bet that if you took in 2 or 3 guardians and each had an extra weapon and shield you could do the full hour easily. Unless something happens after 45 minutes that I don't know about like some Balrogs attack you with 20 dread or something.
    I've done the 3-man over 30 mins in both red and blue (S+B) but never finished. First time I got a Keg Master that kept stunning me (couldn't see the kegs). 2nd time my computer locked up hard just after the 30 minute mark. I imagine in blue line you should be able to survive the whole hour as long as you don't get any LT's that stun. They really need to fix Turn the Tables.. it takes so long to recover now!

Quote Originally Posted by falosi View Post
    I recommend Nornuan or the watcher, it's a bit difficult.
    Yeah watcher can be tough but doable, 2 things to watch out for:
    - Keeping the corruptions off the head (thankfully sting got unnerfed!)
    - Killing the tentacles, otherwise he heals 25k/2s or something ridiculous like that.

Completed:
    - Wraith of Water T2 (could do challenge except that I'm too uncoordinated to manage the platform jumping)
    - Wraith of Earth T2C.

Note: here is a bug in Wraith of Earth boss room where whenever you get punted in some parts of the room the mobs will head out the door and down the stairs to path to you. This causes the fight to reset. The best advice I can give is to tank on the sides of the room away from pillars and brazier stands to minimise pathing issues.

Thanks Sasa, this thread and your videos inspired me to try more solo stuff. Achievements so far:

--Sambrog Challenge (Red + 2H) (done this so many times it’s easy by now, but at the beginning a stun in the end phase of the fight finished me off easily)
    --Watcher (Red + 2H) (easy if you keep corruptions off of the Watcher)
    --Stone Height T2 Challenge (Red + S/B) (fairly difficult and the fight is annoying because of the many stuns)
    --Sword Hall T2 Challenge (Red + 2H for the Adds, Red + S/B for the bosses) (after failing numerous times I was surprised to get this finally done in a fairly controlled manner with a slight change of tactic)
    --Iorbar’s Peak T2 Challenge (Red + 2H) (stacked Crit and burned the boss down before the fourth wave of kegmasters )
    --Fornost Water T2 Challenge (Red + 2H) (jump and run )
    --All the Moria 6-mans with challenge. It felt great to walk up to Gurvand and give him bleeding ears for a change.

I did Fornost Earth T2 but bungled the Challenge with an accidental AoE, so that will need repeating. And I’m looking forward to Warg Pens which I haven’t tried, yet. Nornuan I got down to 1/3, will try the kiting ‘tactic’. I’m not sure I have the patience for the 12-man skraids solo, though (I duoed Necro Gate with my favourite Minstrel [for additional Damage, not for healing ] and that was easy and a bit dull already).

So, yeah, Guardian is fun and will be even more so when/if they debug the bleed regression.

Edit: Just did Warg Pens T2c on first try (Boss in Blue+S/B, rest in Red+S/B), it was easy actually, never fell under 50% morale in the end fight, although I ran out of power a couple of times.
    Last edited by Myrmel; Jan 10 2014 at 07:01 AM.

Thanks for posting this, encouraged me to try out some solo-ing too. My Guard is only lvl89 at the moment, no special gear (bar the healing ring - sunbrand?) all gear is 85 (including my legendary axe) or drop from the early parts of HD quests.
    So tried School and Library scaled for 89, managed both (to my surprise!) and even got an Eorlingas Star-lit crystal from my very first go! (yeah, lucky!). No particular tricks used, though i found it faster traiting red for the trash and swapping to blue for the final bosses. Other than that, just patience.

Gz Pilko!

Yesterday I managed Seat of the Great Goblin T2c, but not without dying from the Sneak DoTs twice on the way to the final boss and once during the end fight. I tried pulling carefully and stunning the Sneaks with Brutal Charge+Sweeping Cut before they even reached me and then killing them quickly before the stun wore off. That worked a couple of times. The boss fight is fairly easy going until the very last wave where the three wargs come in. The viscious DoT from the boss and the additional bleeds from the wargs brought me down once, on second try I switched to S/B when the wargs came but still finished with only about 300 morale left, very close call (although the Goblin was already dead by then, so challenge would have been successful even if I had died). The timer was at 28 seconds left, so damage wise it’s not a big problem.
    Last edited by Myrmel; Jan 12 2014 at 04:51 PM.

All of Dar Narbugud is easily solo-able now as well, except for the Mistress (unless the stun-death adds bug and don't spawn). I've found that clearing the other 5 bosses is very fast and yields 16x 150k IXP runes.

I also managed to solo Blind One Hard Mode tonight, which had been giving me some trouble. Use Coffee, focus on killing the Defender's Banes until phase 3, then kite during phase 3 red-light, charge/knockdown, DPS a ton, try to spam TTK for more stuns, pledge if necessary. You can kill the other bosses after BO HM as well - for some reason I was thinking it might lock them out.

It gives me warm fuzzies to hand out first ages to the level 59-60s.
    Last edited by Nicepants42; Jan 12 2014 at 11:32 PM.

So, having reached 90, I tried school and library at 95. The level 90 gear gave quite a good boost to my stats and I was able to do both relatively easily, although food was required and it was not a quick process!

Nicepants, after your post I tried DN (no HM, though) and it was fun! At least yields some cosmetics for the twinks, since the elf-stones are account shared.

As a level 66 guard, I soloed Hall of Mirrors in Moria and completed the challenge. I ran S&B red line for the trash, and blue line for the boss. The trash was actually MUCH harder than the boss. Challenge mode was laughably easy thanks to +morale on blocks. I'd just dps when the boss was active, then let his minions heal me!! :-D

Halls of Night T2C
    Great Barrow - The Maze T1C
    Warg-pens of Dol Guldur T2C
    Seat of the Great Goblin T2
    Library at Tham Mirdain T1C
    Iorbar's Peak T1
    Great Barrow - Sambrog T1
    School at Tham Mirdain T1
    Northcotton Farm T1
    and alot of lower lv stuff both raids and 6 man

missed the goblin by 15 seconds but some off my gear was broken by all the sneak bleeds

got 46k PM but only 7k crit so thats the big problem with Sambrog for me

The Maze challenge was a loon fight and my axe broke so had to take the last 15k with only shield skills
    Last edited by Doirin; Jan 20 2014 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirin View Post
    missed the goblin by 15 seconds but some off my gear was broken by all the sneak bleeds
    I haven't tried this yet but maybe for sneaks you could do this: Do charge before a sneak pull, wait for cooldown to refresh (don't fight anything so you still have the Charge knockdown buff) then go in, knockdown sneak (and everything else) and focus all damage on the sneak, also trying to start a CJ with To the King. If you miss a CJ just start kiting a little bit until the stun immunity wears off on him and pop charge again, knockdown again.. should be dead.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

After 12.2:
    - ToO Fire and Frost T1
    - ToO Acid T1

I couldn't get Lightning done I did best in KB with 2H but died @ steam level 5. In blue and S+B I did far less DPS but finally died at steam level 11 (!!). Does anyone know how to avoid the steam? I tried standing on the planks but that didn't seem to help.

After the 12.2 patch I tried the turtle again without kiting and without ever cashing in the Bleeds with Overwhelm. I died when Filikul was around 60.000 Morale which is pretty much dead, so I knew it must be possible. So the next time I used Overwhelm whenever the Bleed stack was full, and also used legacied Catch a Breath on cooldown – that went much easier, I still had 20.000 health myself (of 22.000 in all might/crit equip) when the turtle rolled over. My crit chance is at 26% with traited Fortitude buff, so bleeds stack very fast.

Sambrog/Sword Hall T2C/Seat of the Great Goblin T2C/Stone Height T2C, which were easy/medium/medium/difficult respectively in 12.1 are all easy by now. Sambrog even died before the third healing spirit spawned, which I had never managed before.

I’ll try Northcotton Farm today (couldn’t be bothered before, hated that instance even 3-man).

Edit: Yes, knocking down the Sneaks in SotGG with Brutal Charge works well.
    Last edited by Myrmel; Jan 25 2014 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaball View Post
    Hey all!
    I'll post here some videos. Maybe good, maybe bad.. nothing special. but in some way fun

Iorbar's Peak 3man lvl 95 T2c Solo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eem_4UlKt7I

Halls of Night 3man lvl 95 T2c solo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0fNQymjVMM

Stoneheight 3man lvl 95 T2c solo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhDkkrOL5As

Library at Tham Mirdain 3man lvl 95 Challenge Solo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BBsFHrauhw

Warg-Pens 3man lvl 95 T2c solo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKVVB-6oykM

Sambrog 6man lvl 95 Challenge solo 12min Full run
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3DELFsTy6E

Here are some i just did to show power, quickness and survival

Sword-Halls 3man lvl 95 T2 solo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAlNyr7VtsA

School at Tham Mirdain 3man lvl 95 solo 4,5min full run
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM5D_eDFO9k

Tha Maze 6man lvl 95 solo 8min full run
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip9Iardbrlc

I'll post more later. My videos link
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sasaball/videos
    Ty all for watching.

I know many can do this now or some things before HD and other classes do amazing stuff too.
    I just felt that i need to show how better are Guardians now and that they are now REAL GUARDIANS!
    Wait, you're running these at level cap {95}....t2....solo?

Sorry, something is seriously wrong here. There's no way you should be able to solo that content at level cap, sorry.

3 mans are suppose to be just that....3 mans.

Vice versa with 6 mans or whatever else at level cap.

This is not cool. Is this game that broken? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Linathrial View Post
    Please let’s not discuss this here, the forum is full with threads that complain about the easy mode state of the game and you can think about it whatever you want.

The fact is, though, that Guardians, Champions, Wardens, Loremasters and to some extent Captains were _always_ classes that could accomplish things solo which most other classes couldn’t – and there were always players (very few) who tested out the boundaries of what was possible to do solo. Grand Stairs was duoed onlevel (hunter/lm) when Moria came out, Sword Hall was soloable for Guardians already when Mirkwood came out, Bogbereth was soloed onlevel by Wardens, etc. This is not new. Don’t make ‘soloability’ into a grand argument about the state of the game, it simply isn’t. Thanks.
    Last edited by Myrmel; Jan 25 2014 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrmel View Post
    Please let’s not discuss this here
    Where do you want to discuss it, World of warcraft forums then?

The bottom line is, if you are able to solo group content at level cap....this game is broken.

I didn't even know this before. Yikes! This is not something I would be boasting about on the forums. Unbelievable.

o.O

With “here” I meant this thread, where your objections are offtopic. In the Gameplay board you’ll find plenty of suitable threads.

The bottom line is, if you are able to solo group content at level cap....this game is broken.

I didn't even know this before. Yikes! This is not something I would be boasting about on the forums. Unbelievable.

o.O

There is not a lot else to do in game at the moment so its good people can get enjoyment out of soloing old content. As stated there are many, many threads across these forums stating about how OP/broken the game is because of the class changes, and for the most part I agree. Lets save that discussion for the other threads however and not turn this one into a debate.

The evidence is right here.

Got to love that the "Epic" battles require very little actual fight.

Yet another 10 levels and every class are Gods.

How do you make stuff challenging?

Make them do something other than fight to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoris_they_spider View Post
    There is not a lot else to do in game at the moment so its good people can get enjoyment out of soloing old content. As stated there are many, many threads across these forums stating about how OP/broken the game is because of the class changes, and for the most part I agree. Lets save that discussion for the other threads however and not turn this one into a debate.
    Exactly. Im doing much of the same with my guardian who happens to be my main.

This is a classic fault of a game that uses a gated gear grind system, suddenly the old content simply is not useful anymore.

As much as I dislike GW2, the downleveling mechanic they use actually works quite well to keep lower level content applicable. Also works good to get high level people to come back and help the lower levels without turning the content into cheese mode.

I've been havin a blast soloing instances with my current lvl 75 Guard. Did finally Turtle yesterday:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL4em3hipzU

Soloed lots of other things too: Isengard gate trolls, Sammath Gul, Dark Delvings, Lost Temple to name the hardest ones.
    Actually the most tricky fight has been so far in the landscape. In Dunland > Starkmoor, there is a gladiator's arena like thingy called The Culling Pit.
    Soloing that was really challenging, especially the last fight where 3 Arch-Nemesis orcs constantly disarming, stunning and knocking you down.

Wait, you're running these at level cap {95}....t2....solo?

Sorry, something is seriously wrong here. There's no way you should be able to solo that content at level cap, sorry.

3 mans are suppose to be just that....3 mans.

Vice versa with 6 mans or whatever else at level cap.

no the game isnt broken, if someone wants to invest the time in learning the strategies, getting their LI's the way that works for them, the traits/trees, taking the time to max out the virtues that work for them...if they are able to solo some stuff, big deal! /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by falosi View Post
    I recommend Nornuan or the watcher, it's a bit difficult.
    Watcher is easy, if you know the mechanics.
    Its almost impossible to die there at 95. Even at 85, its very doable.
    Turtle is kinda hard with the bleeds he puts on you. They can tick for a lot later in the fight, but its still very possible to do this.

Also, has anyone managed to solo NcF? I tried it t2, but once i got to the cauldron, i couldn't both slap hobbits and dps the pot at the same time. I tried dumping a lot of bleeds on it, but they didnt tick for enough damage, even with my bleed dmg increase modifiers on my LI and HD jewelry set. I think t1 may be possible, and will attempt it later, but t2c might need a second person to slap, (or a maxed weapon range legacy).

I hope some developers read this (and the similar threads in the other class sections).
    The imbalance that's present in the game is nowhere better illustrated than these threads .

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast