We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

buying first age legendary items

hi all

joined lotro a couple of weeks back and im fast approaching my first level 45 toon and im starting to read a lot into legendary weapons/items...

a lot to take in by just reading wiki and the forums but i seem to get the jist of it.. I think im more of the sort to get my toon up to current level cap before I worry too much about maxxing my legendary items but, when I do get there, im definetly going to want the most powerful weapon/items that are physcially possible i.e. max dps, tier 9 relics etc

so my question...

can I just buy it?

can I somehow, with plenty of turbine points ovbiously, just buy one?... or two... legendary items with all the trimmings

I understand turbine donsnt just sell them at the online store.. but surely with a combination of in game coins (auction house), turbine points and maybe a bit of luck with a first age drop I can skip the whole levelling up LI's just to deconstruct just to get a relic just to level it up like a million times!! or grinding skirmishes over and over to get marks just to buy other stuff that you just need just so you can deconstruct it blah blah blah

I think its a great game, and a great idea to make best endgame gear very hard to obtain... I just dont have the time to do all of that... I dont even craft with my level 43 toon I just like to explore/quest and kill things really fast

so... is is possible.. partly possible?

cheers

You make the people at the top of the Turbine/WB food chain dance the dance of the jig.

They wish more people thought like you (heck you can buy your way to level 50 now from level 1!)

But sorry nope, you cannot TP first ages, but you can buy t9 relics.

Your first ages start at lv59/60 bartered with Bright Tokens of Nimrodel, which are easy since people still do Daily turtles (Filikul raid instance).

Anyways type /joinchannel glff and ask your server if anymore questions arise young grasshopper.

ok good news with the relics then.. ill just play on and enjoy the ride to cap for now

ye dancing all the way to the bank!

but seriously though turbine...if your listening... a maxed out first age bow and main hander would be worth a lot to me... a LOT.. lets talk.. youve got my email.. holla

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by alfman View Post
    ok good news with the relics then.. ill just play on and enjoy the ride to cap for now

ye dancing all the way to the bank!

but seriously though turbine...if your listening... a maxed out first age bow and main hander would be worth a lot to me... a LOT.. lets talk.. youve got my email.. holla

cheers

I REALLY hope they don't listen to this. I'm sorry, but that would just be completely unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticNightmare View Post
    I REALLY hope they don't listen to this. I'm sorry, but that would just be completely unacceptable.
    agree 100%^^. You Can already buy almost everything for an LI to max it, legacies, empowerment and delving-scrolls, Star-lits, only thing left is the symbol needed and the best crafted relics. (not sure about the titles tbh)

Besides this there is not much left in the game to fight for (who came up with the stupid idea of being able to barter for SA-symbols right from the start anyway?) Let us keep some little things hard-earned Please...

And this comes from someone (me) who in his whole lotro-journey only had 2 FA's at level-cap totally...

Regards
    /T
    Dawarad HNT | Dawadan MIN | Dawfast CMP | Dawaran CPT | Dawmur GRD | Dawared WRD | Dawagrim RK | Dawaras LM | Daweric BRG | Dawagar MIN | Dawarar CMP | Dawnakh WRG | Dawbag BA | Dawgil WVR | Dawglob WL |

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticNightmare View Post
    What if they allowed it only one a specific server that you couldn't transfer off of?

I'll post a small clarification for the OP.

First Age LI's start at level 59 but are only available for specific character exp levels. 59, 60, 65, 75 and 85. There are no level 95 First Age LI's in the game yet.

As Gotta said in his reply, at level 59 and 60 there is a short raid inside Moria called the Filikul Raid, also called the Turtle raid. Each time you complete this raid you get a special token. 4 tokens will get you a level 59 First Age LI of your choice (you cannot control it's legacies when you barter for it). 6 of the same tokens gets you a level 60 First Age LI. Level 59 and 60 First Age LI's are the only ones where you exchange tokens for the LI itself.

From level 65 onwards, First Age LI's are crafted by players using special ingredient items, the LI's are not bartered. To craft a First Age LI you need a special ingredient item called a Symbol of the Elder King. Someone with the correct craft uses that symbol to make a First Age LI. You'll also need a few other special crafting items as well.

There are several different versions for the Symbol of the Elder King, so you need one version for a level 65 First Age LI, a different version for a level 75 First Age LI and another version to make a level 85 First Age LI. There is no level 95 version of the symbol in the game yet. The level 65 and level 75 versions of the symbol are available from skirmish camp vendors. I don't think the level 85 version is available from skirmish camps yet but I haven't checked in a while so I'm not sure about that. The symbols also have a small chance of dropping from a loot box or a hobbit gift and can be sold/traded between players.

There is also another type of symbol called the Symbol of Celebrimbor which is used to make Second Age LI's. These start at level 65 are available at level 75, 85 and 95. You'll get some Celebrimbor symbols as quest rewards for completing all epic quests in a couple of different game zones (Great River 75, East Rohan 85 and West Rohan 95). You only get one symbol per character in those zones, you cannot repeat the epic quests to get more symbols. Just like the Elder King symbols, you can barter for Celebrimbor symbols at a skirmish camp and they can drop from loot boxes/gift boxes. They can also be traded and bought/sold on the auction house.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

Quote Originally Posted by GarethB View Post
    You'll get some Celebrimbor symbols as quest rewards for completing all epic quests in a couple of different game zones (Great River 75, East Rohan 85 and West Rohan 95).
    You don't get any Symbols in east Rohan, the epic quests simply gives you a lvl 85 SA Bridle.