We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Zealot...

Zealot...

Hi guys, i wanna u guys to nerf the zealot of pain in skirm, he is so op, i 5 sec he buffes 3 times his friends(enemies), thats mega stupid, i attack him,and just buffing till the ,max, ...
    pls guys

I find it helps a lot to stun or daze the Zealot of Pain and then to deal with the other mobs first. When the Zealot wakes up, he doesn't have any allies left who he could buff. Of course, it helps that I mostly play Lore-Masters and Rune-Keepers who have access to generous amounts of Crowd Control skills.

So what do you suggest they do with the Zealots? Just taking away their main skill of buffing their allies seems a bit extreme to me.
    German, female, migrated from CodeMasters in 2011, Premium member, slow-leveller, pure PvEer and opposed to Forced Emotes - wherever I fit into the statistic, it's not in its middle.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    They don't really need a nerf...

What's your gear/virts/weapons/etc? I've had no issues with him since I started the game.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Anyelir View Post
    I find it helps a lot to stun or daze the Zealot of Pain and then to deal with the other mobs first. When the Zealot wakes up, he doesn't have any allies left who he could buff.
    It's even better than that. He only buffs when his morale drops to certain pre-sets. So as long as you (and your skirmish soldier/pet) don't damage him, he'll never use his buff. He doesn't hit that hard himself, so ignoring him while finishing off his allies is definitely the way to go. The downside is that if you play a mostly AOE character, you might be hitting him too hard even when you're not targeting him directly. I think he buff's at 75%, 50% and 25% morale.

The skirmish lieutenants were designed with certain strenghts/weaknesses, and it can take some time to figure out the strategies.

The wiki page http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Skirmish_Lieutenants has a lot of useful information...
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." --J.R.R. Tolkien (Gandalf, Fellowship of the Ring)

Well guys, i understand that, but the thing that annoys me like hell is that he buffs 3 time in a row, in 5 sec he buffed them 3 times, if u know what i mean...
    And if there are 5-6 enemies buffed 3 times, im DEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaximus View Post
    Well guys, i understand that, but the thing that annoys me like hell is that he buffs 3 time in a row, in 5 sec he buffed them 3 times, if u know what i mean...
    And if there are 5-6 enemies buffed 3 times, im DEAD!
    Then, do not attack the Zealot first. Kill the other 5-6 mobs, then fight the Zealot when there's no one left to buff.

Each Lieutenant requires its own strategy. And, if your strategy isn't working, it's because you're using the wrong strategy. Not because anything needs to be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Then, do not attack the Zealot first. Kill the other 5-6 mobs, then fight the Zealot when there's no one left to buff.

Each Lieutenant requires its own strategy. And, if your strategy isn't working, it's because you're using the wrong strategy. Not because anything needs to be nerfed.
    ^This.
    Zealot only buffs when his morale starts dropping lower at 3 intervals. Just save him for last.

Zealot is one of the Lieutenants which you are supposed to kill last, AFTER mobs. Otherwise he buffs his friends and causes problems like you've described. This is is his unique mechanic.

He doesn't need a nerf - you're just using the wrong tactic.