We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

You Can Leave Your Hat On... a Sammy Special

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td1Gd...ature=youtu.be

after much talk and consideration of how op everyone seems with release of hd... we decided the ultimate test... a raid without gear...

helm, and weapons only...

this was test run to see if such a thing was possible

enjoy Sammy!

also apologies to kittikat for her pic missing .. as well as my spelling of noting.. was impatient to get this out
    Last edited by Ellatoestabber; Dec 26 2013 at 07:28 PM.

Both awesome (idea) and sad (state of the game).

Fun idea, Ella!
    [color=skyblue2]Stocky 95 RK[/color] - [color=violet]Lalwrence 85[/color] -[color=PaleGoldenRod] Dov 95 LM[/color] - [color=MediumVioletRed]Lallie 85 Mini[/color] - [color=springgreen]Meghan 85 Hunter[/color] - [color=tomato]Lalraen 85 Champ[/color]

A good idea but honestly, I don't even play freepside anymore because it's a complete mindless and dumbed down place. Don't get me wrong, PVP is also a faceroll atm. Ranked/decent reavers can destroy any freep easily that is not a burg, blue traited champ with tank gear, or a warden (Not counting yellow traited cappies since even though sometimes they take a bit to kill, they can't kill a decent reaver even after 20minutes), Burgs have absolutely broken dps in red line and destroy filers and WL's in a matter of seconds, wardens bleeds are pure craziness but they're not as OP as burgs in my opinion. As usual, with every expansion comes OP classes and nerfed classes. Champs that were so OP in the moors in ROI and RoR are now just food, 95% of them.

Back to freepside, the end game content is not challenging, lacks the feel of achievement and healers/tanks are pointless at this state. I just ask Turbine, what if i'm part of a minority? Just because of that I don't deserve as much attention as someone that plays to check how the female hobbit walking animation is? You realize that years ago, these people didn't play these types of games. MMORPGS were a gamer paradise, be it someone who prefers solo or someone who prefers grouping. It was meant to be time consuming, to take effort, and rewards at the end corresponding to the said efforts.

Is this what the adventure on middle-earth means? P2w buffs, p2w leveling, tree trait lines that should incentive to group, but then again, there's nothing to group where you can solo pretty much most of the group content. I thought this was supposed to be fun and a bit challenging. What happened to the old days? What happened to your standards turbine? If you have no passion left better sell this game rights to someone who cares.

And you see here people that love and loved the game for many years still trying to play it and incentive others to play and what do you do? You never answer to them, you call them minority and just get over it, you just ignore the people that truly loved this game.

Sorry for going on a rant here guys, but after seeing so many threads about this problem (overpowered dps and bad scaling of content) I had to posted something myself. But as usual, they won't care.

well kraum thats part of the joke for this.. that this can be done and by a kin that doesn't hardcore raid every night the last expansion...

we saw once the healer.. (me on stella) went down this was a wipe when we tried another part of gb and it bugged on us.

but it was like playing a fully geared run pre hd IF all your spells gambits ect went off correctly.

last frame is my highest hps during fight (sucessful killing of sammy)

and you can see where our stats were in the screen shots without clothes and jewelwry.

so for us it was not only a fun run but a reall eye opener on how much anyone can be godmode with all the gear on.

this should have been a meat grinder like the first time you do the instances or raids in the past expansions.

should have been wow we survied that instead of hmm that was pretty faceroll.
    Last edited by Ellatoestabber; Dec 27 2013 at 09:25 AM.

LF 24 man redline burg group for moors.

Honestly though, just take the game for what it is. When I first played this, I loved it for the lore and the fact that it brought to life stuff Ive read about- Middle Earth. Many play this just for that..(Turbine knows this) not because of wanting to fight the forces of Sauron T2C all the way to Mordor.. Or sending that player you hate all the way back to the rez circle. (okay I lied maybe some of that too..)
    There are better games to play for raiding and pvp. Raiders are a minority in this game and always have been. Always will be. Acceptance is the first step...

Eve is subscription but you dont know pvp till you have been in a big fleet vs. another.
    Last edited by Patriotp3a; Dec 27 2013 at 01:37 PM.

I take my hat off to you.
    Dwarrowdelf-Gothash-R9 Reaver
    @Celedreor-R5 Hunter
    'Naked dwarf on fire. That can't be good.'
    ~ Sapience

Haha I love this! Thank you OP! I've actually been toying with the idea of rolling a Hobbit from the Shire who just wears cosmetics (no armour) and wields Mathom Society butterknives. I rolled the character this morning. We'll see if I actually play her, lol.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority[/SIZE][/CENTER]

The funny thing is that with my 17K mastery i had with gear seen on video i still kept 1-3k DPS while focusing on CC and healing. That's more like what i had back in 85 geared up O.o

This was more fun than i had in ages, like after U11. Support was actually needed, not only bashing some fire skills that weren't on cooldown. Oh, how i've missed that in 3/6man content :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Hayburn View Post
    The funny thing is that with my 17K mastery i had with gear seen on video i still kept 1-3k DPS while focusing on CC and healing. That's more like what i had back in 85 geared up O.o

This was more fun than i had in ages, like after U11. Support was actually needed, not only bashing some fire skills that weren't on cooldown. Oh, how i've missed that in 3/6man content :-)
    Yes - as a hunter i had to use health potions and bubble myself regularly... Should do that more to make the game actually interesting again...

We are so OP it isnt funny anymore... And we are not even grinding end-game armour as it isnt available yet.... That might come with the next quarterly upgrade.
    Might actually go wear my ToO Faron set or Draigoch set again as it will definately spice up the game some more.
    Bethollind.