We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Healing Soldiers in Big Battles

Supposedly you're supposed to be able to heal the soldiers and other NPCs in BBs as a Minstrel. So far I've been unable to do so on Live, ever. No, I'm not in Dissonance when I try to do this. I'm away from my PC so I can't check for myself, but has anyone tested this on Bullroarer to see if you can reliably heal soldiers using class healing skills?
    "I am gloating so, so very much right now. Everyone called me a fool to do every deed! People pointed and laughed! And now, I have a horse with a smock! HAHAHAHAHA" - Anamatronix

Quote Originally Posted by Enzdid View Post
    Supposedly you're supposed to be able to heal the soldiers and other NPCs in BBs as a Minstrel. So far I've been unable to do so on Live, ever. No, I'm not in Dissonance when I try to do this. I'm away from my PC so I can't check for myself, but has anyone tested this on Bullroarer to see if you can reliably heal soldiers using class healing skills?
    For my main (Captain) this works on live. The problem is, that AOE heals do not count (except the pet of the lore masters) and the update of the morale bar of the Soldiers is very slow at it's best pace (this is most of the time solved if you switch between the Soldiers, looks like the morale of the Soldiers is loaded when you select it and not properly updated afterwards).

I'm not on bullroarer, but on Live I can say that Warden's Conviction does NOT heal soldiers at all. In skirmishes it heals defenders and your skirmish soldier..so this isn't working properly either. I've seen no mention of this in 12.1

limfran heals affecting npcs is probably a bug. Targeted heals work fine on npcs.

On live, I have been able to heal at times, but not on all NPCs. For example, some side quests (the one where you defend injured soldiers and healers I think for the Hornburg, but perhaps the other wall EB?) have NPCs and my heals never seem to work on them, and they themselves have no way to be healed either. I always end up failing them.

There are some other things I wish I could heal/repair, such as the Watchtower in the Dike... >.<
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

As a minstrel, I can confirm that you can, indeed, heal them. The problem is how long it takes for the actual heal to register in the NPC's morale bar, also, they seem to have negative incoming healing it's very difficult - for me - to make heal them back to full after they're low, unless I get a massive crit.

I haven't tested this properly, but from pure observation, I seem to crit a lot less often on Big Battle NPCs than I do on players / other NPCs like defenders and skirm soldiers.
    And then, forever remains that change from G to E minor.

Generally I know when I try to heal some soldiers or banners I am going to be there a while and I have to hope other ones don't need heals in the meantime as it seems only 1 out of 13 heals (mending verse) registers sometimes even though I can see the floaty green numbers above the npc.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds