We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Any way to find out why a thread was closed?

Hi folks

A thread has been closed on the General forum and I can't for the life of me work out why - it seems like it is not insulting, has constructive crtiticism about a game feature etc. I'm just wondering if there is a way to query why it was closed?

As feedback - it would be great if threads had a note on why they were closed if it is not obvious. If there is no indication of which rule it broke it is hard to not do it again.
    The Balrog lives!! Oh, and give MECCG a try.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000002be0/01008/signature.png]Eladrath[/charsig]

Don't pursue it, my husband did when his thread was closed and he got infractions because of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    Don't pursue it, my husband did when his thread was closed and he got infractions because of it!
    Cheers - it wasn't my thread and I won't be pursuing it any further than asking this question - but I appreciate the advice.
    The Balrog lives!! Oh, and give MECCG a try.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000002be0/01008/signature.png]Eladrath[/charsig]

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by trcanberra View Post
    Hi folks

A thread has been closed on the General forum and I can't for the life of me work out why - it seems like it is not insulting, has constructive crtiticism about a game feature etc. I'm just wondering if there is a way to query why it was closed?

As feedback - it would be great if threads had a note on why they were closed if it is not obvious. If there is no indication of which rule it broke it is hard to not do it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by trcanberra View Post
    Cheers - it wasn't my thread and I won't be pursuing it any further than asking this question - but I appreciate the advice.
    A lot of times threads get closed for very obvious reasons if one has read the community guidelines. In fact, they also very often contain the answer to "how do I find out".
    Everyone should read them from time to time because everyone is treated as if they had read them.

For example...

13. Discussion of Disciplinary or Moderations Actions.

We do not publicly discuss moderation decisions, or disciplinary actions taken against members, on the Community Sites and we ask that you do not either. Any threads or posts that mention infractions, bans, or thread/post deletions or modifications, etc. are subject to removal and may result in further disciplinary action. If you have a question about an infraction or warning, you should contact a member of the community team through private message (PM). Ban appeals should be addressed as described below.