We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Red face A good class look to go for...

Hello! I am a cosmetic adict in this game and I am striving to be the Rarity of LOTRO

Now I'm going to be talking about what outfits look good on specific classes, now I don't know how to post pictures yet so no pictures...sorry.
    Now off we go!

1:the Guardian
    The guardian is meant to be in the most brutal of brutal situations, thus he usually likes BIG heavy armor! also with a helmet to protect his head as he is the one taking all of Saurons punishment,

So it's best to go for heavy armor cosmetics, and to cover your head with a helm of sorts seeing as if you lose that part of your body you're basically nothing more then a feast for the vultures, and sense you're in armor they can't get to their meal and this makes them sad. So try going for the BIGGEST of the BIGGEST armor!

2:the Champion
    The champion is rather of a class not so much worried about his head or if he tastes good for the vultures but if the ENEMY will taste good for them.

The champion gets hit a lot but strikes the enemy down before they can get in a good hit, so with them it's best to go for a heavy armor look, as they want some protection from not really paying attention to them self and more about slaying the enemy, So heavy armor but not as large as the guardians armor.

3:The Captain
    The capt is on the brutal parts of the battle field to inspire hope within his fellow peeps!

The Capt is best with heavy armor as he IS in the hard parts of the battle, but we like to SEE are leaders, so for them it's best to go for the no-helm look,
    So that everyone can see your face and be inspired! also gaudy flashy capes are great on them as you want to attract attention to yourself to inspire fellow peeps. Hauberks are good for them.

4:The Burglar
    The burglar is a sneaky sneak with a knife that longs to be in Saurons rump.

The burglar like to be stealthy, so they are great with hoods and dark clothing.
    Heavy armor isn't good for maneuverability or stealth seeing as it's clank a lot, and robes tent to get tangled around bush's seeing as Burglars love to hide in them and pick berries...er... more like stalk people. So stick with tunic type things in dark colors or color that blend in with the area around you.

5:The Hunter
    The hunter is a bow wielding guy/girl and pew pews people from afar, As we have seen on Sapience's file picture.

As the hunter is out in the wild a lot and like to lay traps or hide it's best to go for a greenish look, if you;re in an area like Forochel then white.
    A hunter spends many nights and many days out in the wild so the ''cooking trappings'' cosmetic looks good on them and many other backpack like things.
    they're best with tunics like the hunter.

6:The Warden (If somebody screams "OP" Imma eat them)
    The warden is a defender of the people, seeing as he/she travels to many places to defend people they like to use medium armor to get a good amount of defense but also get's to travel fast.

They're best to use leather armor type cosmetics with one or two little heavy armor pieces like some shoulder pads or something.
    the wardens pack is good for them seeing as it's MADE for them! lolz backpack's are also good with them too.
    Capes tend to look odd with a javelin on their back,they're fine to use but they tend to look odd.

7:The Lore-Master
    The Lore-master is a tree/animal hugger that uses magic!

The lost master is not usually in the HEAT of the battle field, thus they can go for robes or tunic type things, but I think robes best suit them.
    Robes tent to be colorful so you can pick any color you want! pick your favoret color if ya like!

8:The Minstrel
    The Minstrel is a bard that likes to sing songs of great heros and sing ''giggle at the ghosties''

The Minstrel likes to ware gaudy colorful outfits. with a minstrel it's bets not to pick a single color you like but multiple ones!
    Minstrels can be in robes,tunics and many other like armor things! so go crazy but make sure the outfit still looks like it works.

9:The Rune-Keeper
    The Rune-Keeper uses stones and runes to ether heal they're ally's or magic they're enemys to death with Ice,Fire, or Lightning.

Rune-Keepers should use robes, but as they use many stones it looks good to use drab colors.
    it's good as you have 2 outfit slots to have a green one, and a red one for Damage and one for healing that both look exactly the same but with different color. (Credit for the idea to Xxdemetryxx)

Now it's YOUR character so dress they way YOU want...I am a guardian in robes, a warden in heavy armor...so I kinda broke these rules but whatever...not like the FASHION MONSTER will eat in the night and eat me...
    ...what's that noise? *gulp*

I should have mentioned this earlier, But I'm a derp LOL.
    A Captain also can not only use the ''No helm'' look but if you have a very flashy gaudy helm that also works.

Quote Originally Posted by ReadStar View Post
    1:the Guardian
    The guardian is meant to be in the most brutal of brutal situations, thus he usually likes BIG heavy armor! also with a helmet to protect his head as he is the one taking all of Saurons punishment,

So it's best to go for heavy armor cosmetics, and to cover your head with a helm of sorts seeing as if you lose that part of your body you're basically nothing more then a feast for the vultures, and sense you're in armor they can't get to their meal and this makes them sad. So try going for the BIGGEST of the BIGGEST armor!
    It is interesting to think that the Guardian was inspired by Samwise Gamgee, a gardener.

2:the Champion
    The champion is rather of a class not so much worried about his head or if he tastes good for the vultures but if the ENEMY will taste good for them.

The champion gets hit a lot but strikes the enemy down before they can get in a good hit, so with them it's best to go for a heavy armor look, as they want some protection from not really paying attention to them self and more about slaying the enemy, So heavy armor but not as large as the guardians armor.
    I agree with most of what you say here, though I tend to dress my Champion in medium and even light armor. He is more reckless and sees only red while engaged with the enemy, so hence the appearance of swiftness and ease. Currently he is wearing silk. What armor is beneath those garments is anybody's guess and maybe he wouldn't mind so much if his appearance caused others to underestimate him.

3:The Captain
    No opinion.

4:The Burglar
    Agreed.

5:The Hunter
    Agreed, though I am particularly fond of one silver elvish heavy chest plate with a diagonal grid pattern and have allowed my Hunter to wear it at times. The cooking trappings is not something I'd really thought of. I like the idea.

6:The Warden
    Makes sense.

7:The Lore-Master
    The Lore-master is a tree/animal hugger that uses magic!

The lost master is not usually in the HEAT of the battle field, thus they can go for robes or tunic type things, but I think robes best suit them.
    Robes tent to be colorful so you can pick any color you want! pick your favoret color if ya like!
    Tree/Animal Hugger? Really? There may be times when a LM sends his pet off into certain death while making an escape. Other times the LM sends his pets in to break down an opponent before finishing them off. The LM uses the elements to his advantage. None of these things imply anything remotely mushy or having anything to do with love. I imagine my LM as being quite sinister. He often wears the same above mentioned heavy armor chest plate, heavy armor shoulder guards, and almost always has a mask on.

8:The Minstrel
    No opinion. Your description makes them sound more like fools or court jesters though.

9:The Rune-Keeper
    I like this idea of using different outfits and colors even to signify different purposes. My characters each have 3 slots which are used for adventuring, a more casual though at-the-ready look, and formal wear.

A fun thread all around. Thanks for doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Breeon View Post
    It is interesting to think that the Guardian was inspired by Samwise Gamgee, a gardener.

I agree with most of what you say here, though I tend to dress my Champion in medium and even light armor. He is more reckless and sees only red while engaged with the enemy, so hence the appearance of swiftness and ease. Currently he is wearing silk. What armor is beneath those garments is anybody's guess and maybe he wouldn't mind so much if his appearance caused others to underestimate him.

No opinion.

Agreed.

Agreed, though I am particularly fond of one silver elvish heavy chest plate with a diagonal grid pattern and have allowed my Hunter to wear it at times. The cooking trappings is not something I'd really thought of. I like the idea.

Makes sense.

Tree/Animal Hugger? Really? There may be times when a LM sends his pet off into certain death while making an escape. Other times the LM sends his pets in to break down an opponent before finishing them off. The LM uses the elements to his advantage. None of these things imply anything remotely mushy or having anything to do with love. I imagine my LM as being quite sinister. He often wears the same above mentioned heavy armor chest plate, heavy armor shoulder guards, and almost always has a mask on.

No opinion. Your description makes them sound more like fools or court jesters though.

I like this idea of using different outfits and colors even to signify different purposes. My characters each have 3 slots which are used for adventuring, a more casual though at-the-ready look, and formal wear.

A fun thread all around. Thanks for doing it!
    As I said, it's your character so dress the way you like. Like you said with your champion, silks look great too. Thank's for your impute

1 Twinfall Path, Celos-en-Nauth, Falathlorn
    Elven cosmetics look very nice on hunters, as well as tailored items. Although I do like a heavier armour look at times, for example, the Elven Steel Breastplate and Elven Steel Leggings (I'm pretty sure that is the name) are very nice. They are not too bulky yet have a definite armour feel to them. Cooking trappings...ehhh...I never liked them as much. But that's me.
    But I agree, an outdoorsy feel with light or medium armour can yield a lovely hunter look. I like creating outfits that blend into different areas (e.g. yellow-brown for the Lone-lands, green-brown for Trollshaws, brighter green for Falathlorn, etc.)
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryniell View Post
    Elven cosmetics look very nice on hunters, as well as tailored items. Although I do like a heavier armour look at times, for example, the Elven Steel Breastplate and Elven Steel Leggings (I'm pretty sure that is the name) are very nice. They are not too bulky yet have a definite armour feel to them. Cooking trappings...ehhh...I never liked them as much. But that's me.
    But I agree, an outdoorsy feel with light or medium armour can yield a lovely hunter look. I like creating outfits that blend into different areas (e.g. yellow-brown for the Lone-lands, green-brown for Trollshaws, brighter green for Falathlorn, etc.)
    Elven cosmetics are great for hunters for the fact that 90% of hunters on my server (FIREFOOT) are elves, in areas like Epic battles though I think everyone should have big armor because you're fighting for your life even more then usual! xD

Ettenmoors

And then you visit the Ettenmoors and ...Poof! "What the... What just happened to my cosmetic gear?! Gone!" The only thing you can then do is somehow feel a little more honest in your nakedness, while also taking stock of your inventory.. what's beneath the skin. ~ Cheers

1 Twinfall Path, Celos-en-Nauth, Falathlorn
    Elven cosmetics are great for hunters for the fact that 90% of hunters on my server (FIREFOOT) are elves, in areas like Epic battles though I think everyone should have big armor because you're fighting for your life even more then usual! xD
    Well if you are wearing big armour and looking like an overbalanced clunky trash can an orc just has to push you over and stab you. And big armour doesn't make you invincible either. Clothes won't save your life you know ;-)
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.

I agree with the Captain in regards to helms. I tried putting helms on my Captains, especially for RP, and it felt wrong. So then I took them off and it worked much better. It's interesting that others reached the same conclusion.

A Captain is the leader of a Platoon, and the soldiers have to know where he is, and what his commands are. That means, he must be easily distinguished in the midst of a fray, and that his voice must be heard clearly.

In ancient cultures, they often wore a helmet with a crest. For some unknown reason, the Roman captains sometimes wore an additional mask; but this turned into a ceremonial item rather soon. Maybe because it makes it hard to understand what the commands were.

But a captain without any protection of his head is easily shot down; and we all know that a group without their leader is actually useless in battle (after all, we get told this each time we are sent to kill an orc leader). There has to be some sort of protection; the question is: How should it look like? Most of the head gear looks just awkward. Or if it looks good, you can't hear him. We need something that caters to both requirements.

Greetings, Polymachos