We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Faceroll instances

I hadn't really ran any instances tell yesterday and I can not believe how easy they have gotten.

Sammy has gotten even easier which I didn't think could happen.

Ran a BG T2 and could not believe that even a mistaken pull right at the start with 1/3 of the raid afk and had no issue dropping the adds.

The crown of the day was 5 manning Hele giant wing with only a cappy healing.

Yep..

Quote Originally Posted by Vongs666 View Post
    You probably could have even had the cappy tanking and no need for a healer

Can be done in duo.
    We did it 3-manned yesterday too (Cappy, Mini, Champ), my only problem was to take aggro correctly.
    At boss (1.5M morale, but hitting like a mosquito), I had ~15-20 adds + boss on me and no chance to be killed.
    (today, I soloed another skraid, I will post the video tonight, but at least there was a bit of challenge at last fight... otherwise all the raid was faceroll too)

I cannot understand why they have nerfed everything again, after the U10 nerf...
    Last edited by Castorix; Dec 11 2013 at 05:12 PM.

did 3 12 man skraids the other night and wow whole waves of mobs were wiped in mere seconds. I did tank what I could but even an LT lived less than 10-20 seconds. these were mobs with 100k+ health and we were slaughtering them wholesale.
    Welleg - brandywine, Kelleg/Gelleg - Landroval
    WARNING: leveling a warden may cause you to neglect your other characters.

And yet they said the class revamp is needed because we were too OP, we could do too many things, so they need to limit our skills, gate them behind the "tree" for "balance".

Just to show an example of a complete faceroll instance, this is how Champs can do the first boss of Library
    I did it in Yellow/Red for morale buff, with no full DPS gear and of course unbuffed : it is a lot faster in Yellow with DPS gear only.
    (I usually do it in Yellow with a friend Ministrel)
    2 years ago, I was sometimes killed by 1 group of mobs + poison...

Last edited by Castorix; Mar 08 2014 at 11:11 AM.

It's obvious that Turbine decided to make a lot of stuff purposefully soloable. 3-mans and even some 6-mans are solobale, the only warband that actually requires a group is Macsen, skraids are basically 3-mans. Group play has become optional in many cases, tanking has become obsolete. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I think Turbine's decision to do this has to do with the decline in LOTRO population.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeprandua View Post
    It's obvious that Turbine decided to make a lot of stuff purposefully soloable. 3-mans and even some 6-mans are solobale, the only warband that actually requires a group is Macsen, skraids are basically 3-mans. Group play has become optional in many cases, tanking has become obsolete. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I think Turbine's decision to do this has to do with the decline in LOTRO population.
    Mweh, I still get slaughtered by Cledwun... Sure, the difficulty could use a buff, but, maybe we'll see it some time in the future...

Oh, and, HI COEPRANDUA! IT'S GLORGY FROM DWARROWDELF!
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

For 4 years, LOTRO is pretty much a "group play" game. People who dont like it had already quitted, and the older the game become, the lesser new players coming. Suddently, Turbine change the play style. Now the group players, raiders, people who like a little challenge, who stick to the game for years find out LOTRO is not for them anymore.

The population decline cause of lesser challenge, or lesser challenge cause of population decline? We have the chicken and the egg story here.

This was possible at 85 already.

At 95, all skirm raids except for Rescue in Nurz Ghashu (need 4 for cjs) can be done with 2 people. Same for Hele Giants, and probably Hele Spiders and Thorog as well (easily did both of them with 3). You need 4 for Hele Drake wing, because of the platforms.

poor development has led them to lower pops, which lead to even worse development.

its basic stuff though, each xpack is being marketed to a smaller and smaller potential buyer base. thus they have put less and less and less development funds into lotro xpacks ever since moria

Faceroll Content.

No offense but I think you've got it all backwards... I think the decline in LOTRO population has to do with what they're doing to the game. In any case, Turbine, if you need to adjust for a decrease in server populations, you should consider merging servers instead of trying to drive the rest of the player base away.

One thing I like about WoW is I can go back into the older lower level instances and solo them. If I was a player who never raided or had time to group with people this is great. Also with WoW's Transmog system you can go back and get the gear look you wanted without getting a group for it.
    But the higher level 80+ instance still require somewhat of a group.

For myself it's nice to go back into the old instance and solo them to get gear AS LONG AS they leave the higher level group instances still a challenge.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130000000f0c1e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

.... the only warband that actually requires a group is Macsen
    Macsen is also soloable by heavy classes, but harder than 95 Warbands (a joke)

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongs666

Can be done in duo.
    We did it 3-manned yesterday too (Cappy, Mini, Champ), my only problem was to take aggro correctly.
    I was even wrong, Helegrod Giant is soloable (posted on Champ forum), but by kiting a lot at boss to avoid stuns, so not Faceroll...

Another Faceroll instance which was not possible alone at 85 (because of timer at boss) : Webs of the Scuttledells T2.
    Directly to bosses by pulling all adds at same time, it is really ridiculous... (at 85 before U10 nerf, I could not even kill in Tank build the 2 Baleful Sentries before the first boss Beremud)
    And certainly easier for Guardians/Captains, with the heal from mobs.

Last edited by Castorix; Mar 10 2014 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    Macsen is also soloable by heavy classes, but harder than 95 Warbands (a joke)

I was even wrong, Helegrod Giant is soloable (posted on Champ forum), but by kiting a lot at boss to avoid stuns, so not Faceroll...

Another Faceroll instance which was not possible alone at 85 (because of timer at boss) : Webs of the Scuttledells T2.
    Directly to bosses by pulling all adds at same time, it is really ridiculous... (at 85 before U10 nerf, I could not even kill in Tank build the 2 Baleful Sentries before the first boss Beremud)
    And certainly easier for Guardians/Captains, with the heal from mobs.
    You call it 'faceroll' but I have to wonder if you played the webs instance the way it was intended (not pulling boss off to side so the adds don't attack you) if you could solo it. Maybe you could, I know my group (warden, hunter, rk/minstrel) has a tough time doing it, we can do it 99% of the time but it certainly isn't faceroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Ullr_of_Aesir View Post
    You call it 'faceroll' but I have to wonder if you played the webs instance the way it was intended (not pulling boss off to side so the adds don't attack you) if you could solo it. Maybe you could, I know my group (warden, hunter, rk/minstrel) has a tough time doing it, we can do it 99% of the time but it certainly isn't faceroll.
    Yes, but I was referring to the fact that we can pull/kill all the trash mobs at same time.
    Before U10, I could only pull 1 group of these mobs and it was difficult to survive alone; 1 group of spiders (before the last boss) could kill me.