We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Helm's Dike - Defending The Watchtower bug

Helm's Dike - Defending The Watchtower (at least done in solo/duo knowledge) does not reward you with a medal.

I killed all Dunlendings, 0% damage to watchtower and no medal. This has happened 4 times now, and I think it is a problem. I sent in a bug ticket.

Just thought I would make a forum about it to get the bug more attention.

(P.S. Thanks for fixing Glittering Caves)

The mind twists and bends to shake the horrors of life
    The mind, keeping it's sanity, bends so far that it snaps in two.

Yep ... this has happened to me twice now.

The first time I thought I might have been mistaken so I watched intently at the end of the Guarding the Watchtower quest the next time it came up & I successfully completed it. I saw the green text indicating that I had successfully defended the watchtower, but at the end of the battle I had absolutely NO indication of a completed quest ... no medal and no indication on the History screen.

This is definitely bugged, and I sent in a bug report, but I have little faith in Turbine fixing this any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKphish View Post
    Yep ... this has happened to me twice now.

The first time I thought I might have been mistaken so I watched intently at the end of the Guarding the Watchtower quest the next time it came up & I successfully completed it. I saw the green text indicating that I had successfully defended the watchtower, but at the end of the battle I had absolutely NO indication of a completed quest ... no medal and no indication on the History screen.

This is definitely bugged, and I sent in a bug report, but I have little faith in Turbine fixing this any time soon.
    Patience my friend, they will fix it in due time.

The mind twists and bends to shake the horrors of life
    The mind, keeping it's sanity, bends so far that it snaps in two.

if i get anything less than a platinum, it happens to me on live. i get a message about gaining rewards for bronze, silver, gold if i get that high, but no credit for promotion points or for the main quest. on the few times i've gotten platinum, it worked (on live), so i'm guessing they tried to fix it and just broke it completely lol