We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Has game difficulty been rebalanced at all?

I can't see any mention of any rebalancing in the patch notes, does anyone know if this has been addressed?

I'm talking about the fact that all classes seem to be ridiculously OP in live at the moment. It seems to be affecting all classes at all levels (as far as I can tell) and has taken a great deal of enjoyment out of the game for me. Any news? Any changes?

I know landscape has been easy for quite a while but it's now taken a rather ungainly lurch off the cliff into the chasm of absurdity.

(I would test it out myself but Character Copy doesn't appear to be working and I don't have the will to faff about with the E and G at the moment.)

i do agree it needs re-balancing, especially mob damage. a lvl 90+ normal mob hits for ~225 damage on landscape, after mits, that's 100-160 damage. i.e. a minstrel with 16k morale would have to be hit over 100 times from a normal mob before it could kill the minstrel. and that doesn't take into account icmr or self-heals of the mini.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Well, I went to lvl 95 T2 stoneheight and nothing seems to have changed in there in regards to mob difficulty.

Well I hope to goodness they do something, my level 47 Lore Master (on live) is traited KoA, and is facerolling yellow/orange mobs, WITHOUT SUMMONING HER PET! And my hunter (trapper) is equipped with dropped loot and is killing red mobs before they even reach the traps, I stopped bothering to lay the traps anymore. It's getting harder to summon enough interest to even log into the game while the dps is so ridiculously unbalanced.

I feel that player damage is slightly lower (at least i didn't oneshot landscape mobs like on live), may be 10-15%. But i agree with above posters. Damage is ridiculous and could be easily reduced 1.5 or even 2 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    i do agree it needs re-balancing, especially mob damage. a lvl 90+ normal mob hits for ~225 damage on landscape, after mits, that's 100-160 damage. i.e. a minstrel with 16k morale would have to be hit over 100 times from a normal mob before it could kill the minstrel. and that doesn't take into account icmr or self-heals of the mini.
    16k morale? When does that jump in morale happen? My minstrel is Lv72 and only has 4300 morale

Mobs hits me VERY hard, so even if I hit them hard too at the moment, I'm so squishy that I'd need a pet or something to always stand in front of me. I really hope my survivability will be made better if DPS is lowered. I'm not one of those people who can do math to get the highest stats. I'm just a normal player, questing along for many many hours every day, doing my best with what the NPC's give me. Please Turbine, remember that there are players of my type too
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    16k morale? When does that jump in morale happen? My minstrel is Lv72 and only has 4300 morale

Mobs hits me VERY hard, so even if I hit them hard too at the moment, I'm so squishy that I'd need a pet or something to always stand in front of me. I really hope my survivability will be made better if DPS is lowered. I'm not one of those people who can do math to get the highest stats. I'm just a normal player, questing along for many many hours every day, doing my best with what the NPC's give me. Please Turbine, remember that there are players of my type too
    Between 70 and 85 light armors get to about 8k. At 95 without having full crated gear or the best jewelry and relics you will have around 12 to 13k.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderv View Post
    I feel that player damage is slightly lower (at least i didn't oneshot landscape mobs like on live), may be 10-15%. But i agree with above posters. Damage is ridiculous and could be easily reduced 1.5 or even 2 times.
    One thing is reducing player damage, but very most of mobs should have their damage increased too IMO. Especially as a heavy armor character at lvl 90+ the amount of damage taken from normal mobs is just sad. I stood in front of a lvl 94 mob (couldnt find a 95 one) with my 95 Captain traited LtC and in DPS gear and after 3 minutes I'd lost 6k of my total of 18k morale, so basically it'd take about 8-10 minutes for me to die to that mob. I'm all up for the concept that landscape quests and mobs should be easy and doable by all (and that heavy armor fellas take a lot less damage), but this is just silly.
    At the moment, it is only some few Warbands and bosses that deal the amount of damage they should IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    Between 70 and 85 light armors get to about 8k. At 95 without having full crated gear or the best jewelry and relics you will have around 12 to 13k.
    Somehow I don't think I'll ever get even close to that amount

Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    One thing is reducing player damage, but very most of mobs should have their damage increased too IMO. Especially as a heavy armor character at lvl 90+ the amount of damage taken from normal mobs is just sad. I stood in front of a lvl 94 mob (couldnt find a 95 one) with my 95 Captain traited LtC and in DPS gear and after 3 minutes I'd lost 6k of my total of 18k morale, so basically it'd take about 8-10 minutes for me to die to that mob. I'm all up for the concept that landscape quests and mobs should be easy and doable by all (and that heavy armor fellas take a lot less damage), but this is just silly.
    At the moment, it is only some few Warbands and bosses that deal the amount of damage they should IMO.
    I have a better idea Make all classes who feel that mobs don't hit hard enough a lot squishier. That way they'll feel like the mobs hit harder, but since they don't, us squishy classes will still be able to survive too
    I think it's better to change the classes that feel they're too OP instead of making all mobs stronger so us squishies can't survive
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Somehow I don't think I'll ever get even close to that amount
    If you only pick questrewards with Will rather than picking a combo of Will and Vitality items while leveling in Dunland you'll very easily find yourself i a situation where your max morale is very low like the 4300 you mention. Also, Dunland might be the one high-level area where the damage from mobs is alright. I made a truly glasscannon Hunter back when leveling from 65 to 75 and that backfired a couple of times during leveling.

EDIT: I took a trip to Dunland, normal lvl 72 mobs in the Gap do like half the damage the lvl 94 did (despite our morale pool increasing dramatically) and lvl 72 signature mobs are almost on par with the normal mobs in West Rohan when it comes to damage.

I have a better idea Make all classes who feel that mobs don't hit hard enough a lot squishier. That way they'll feel like the mobs hit harder, but since they don't, us squishy classes will still be able to survive too
    I think it's better to change the classes that feel they're too OP instead of making all mobs stronger so us squishies can't survive
    'feeling OP' is very much a personal opinion though. Almost no matter how strong a certain class is, you'll pretty much always see some players who think the class is just fine or even needs improvement.
    Last edited by Elrantiri; Dec 08 2013 at 03:05 PM.

Also, Dunland might be the one high-level area where the damage from mobs is alright. I made a truly glasscannon Hunter back when leveling from 65 to 75 and that backfired a couple of times during leveling.
    *snickers, a couple weeks ago friends and I did that big avanc in Dunbog which dropped like a fly and we took no damage. Then we went to that camp of globsnaga, pulling entire areas with trolls, never needing to heal.

I haven't healed on any of my capable classes since HD came out, aside from banners and soldiers in Battles.

Either MOBs need to be doing a LOT more damage or our resilience needs to drop dramatically.

Although your point that there's always people saying a class needs boosts, I haven't seen that much in the past several weeks since HD, which is bad in and of itself, when even those people quiet down and concur...
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    *snickers, a couple weeks ago friends and I did that big avanc in Dunbog which dropped like a fly and we took no damage. Then we went to that camp of globsnaga, pulling entire areas with trolls, never needing to heal.
    So? That big avanc in Dunbog has been soloable as long as I can remember, going in with a group should be no challenge at all when it is solo content.

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    Although your point that there's always people saying a class needs boosts, I haven't seen that much in the past several weeks since HD, which is bad in and of itself, when even those people quiet down and concur...
    Well, the class threads in Beta had plenty of them for all classes, and that's where the changes occurred and put us in the situation we are now where most stuff is too easy.
    Last edited by Elrantiri; Dec 08 2013 at 08:26 PM.

I think that the fact that my hunter and a runekeeper did sth t2c says all...
    Baronth - Alemis - Aipod - Alessandro - Talyla - Viyle | Ombra e Fiamma - [Gilrain]

Retired

Silmelon: 16k morale? When does that jump in morale happen? My minstrel is Lv72 and only has 4300 morale
    At 72 it should be approaching 6K with the right mix of quest gear and the level 70 crafted stuff. I assume that your minstrel hasn't be able to do Great River, or get the instance armour, which is a pity as this jewellery would solve all your problems-but the teal crafted jewellery is very good! (use a mix 'of tactics' with morale vitality pieces. someone in GLFF/trade/kin should be able to help) And add vitality to your LI as a minor legacy, use a will title scroll from skirmish camp, and use morale ICMR and will relics. That'll help

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    Very true! I worked quite hard to get mini to 7500 at 85 (without Hytbold or erebor sets it was very mix and match and legacy dependant) but she got 11.5k* with purple crafted set at 90.

That was after pulling it back from 13K to increase a couple of other stats, by removing a couple of crafted jewellery pieces. I watched my morale double as i added the armour and jewellerey piece by piece. The purple crafted gear in HD is good for key stats. Pity i don't need them for any content. sigh.

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

If you only pick questrewards with Will rather than picking a combo of Will and Vitality items while leveling in Dunland you'll very easily find yourself i a situation where your max morale is very low like the 4300 you mention. Also, Dunland might be the one high-level area where the damage from mobs is alright. I made a truly glasscannon Hunter back when leveling from 65 to 75 and that backfired a couple of times during leveling.
    I always go for those that have vitality on them, but my morale is still low XD

'feeling OP' is very much a personal opinion though. Almost no matter how strong a certain class is, you'll pretty much always see some players who think the class is just fine or even needs improvement.
    That's why I used the word "feeling"

People aren't all the same. Some people will have no problem maxing their stats and get the best gear and those people will probably feel very OP, and then there's people like me who do all quests everywhere and only use quest items and don't really know how to max my stats, and don't think it's fun either I want to play a game for fun, not do math homework XD

Quote Originally Posted by Calta View Post
    At 72 it should be approaching 6K with the right mix of quest gear and the level 70 crafted stuff. I assume that your minstrel hasn't be able to do Great River, or get the instance armour, which is a pity as this jewellery would solve all your problems-but the teal crafted jewellery is very good! (use a mix 'of tactics' with morale vitality pieces. someone in GLFF/trade/kin should be able to help) And add vitality to your LI as a minor legacy, use a will title scroll from skirmish camp, and use morale ICMR and will relics. That'll help
    Sounds very complicated XD I don't understand how to build a good LI. There's no real guide in game, and even though I've spent days reading the wiki and forums I still have no idea, and when I ask for advice people say "don't bother until you're max level". I might be able to craft some jewelry though, thanks for the tip! I'll have to try to level my jeweler's crafting since I don't know any jewelers and can't afford to buy any gear XD

Skirmish camp things are out of the question since I can't gain more than a few marks here and there. The only place I can get a bit larger clumps of marks is the Yule Festival, so I have to be careful with them, or I won't be able to let my skirmish soldiers level with me.

I can't get any instance armour because I have to quest to reach the instances first, and then I only get to do them once or twice because it's hard to find groups that will take someone who isn't max level with max stats, especially someone as shy as me. At the moment I'm stuck in Mirkwood and worried I'll have to leave my Brandywine minstrel behind since I apparently need to kidnap or bribe 5 strangers to finish the Epic there

My virtues are quite good and I have chosen those with morale and defense-thingies, doesn't seem to make much difference though.

It would be nice to have a button where you can switch between Hard Mode for those who can gear themselves into a gameplay they find boring, and a normal setting and also an easy setting for beginners and people who hate playing games but love exploring Tolkien's world. Too bad that would be too expensive and time consuming to ever get added XD

challenge

That's show how Turbine are stupid, because they devalue their own work. Why a support class is needed anymore? We dont need suport anymore because almost everything became tank and spank. It's ridiculous run skraid or a helegrod. AOe champs can kill all mobs froma wave before I reach there to tank somtimes. And if is not challenging, we dont run over and over. We got loot we need and forgot. How could this be right after player concil?

Nre tier of challenge:

Landscape mobs = can kill with auto-atack

3-man - lamost all classes can solo, except some that have time

6 - man - some classes can solo, can easy be duo. (I miss roots. How can someone say that kill those rats in Dale is a challenge? ####!)

12 man - skraid - some classes can solo, almost all can be done with 6-man with no experience.

12 man - raids - the ones that require strategy, people need know what to do, but new tier of survavibility allow you to tank and spank things that used to need coordination, for example Od poison T2c dont need to swap plaatforms anymore.

12 man - raid challenge - some stil have some challenge

Turbine could revamp skirmish putting challenges there like in helegrod or a new Tier for Raids, other way many will move to games with end game that require tactics.

I disagree. The game feels balanced to me. I don't like it too hard.. hate dying all the time. I love this expansion.. best expansion in years! It's got something for everyone. I'm also not seeing all of the classes OP.. certainly not the Minstrel which is what I play most. My Minstrel feels perfect since I do play it DPS style - red line.. groups, etc. The mobs hit hard so am very glad about increased dps. It's not insane dps compared to some other classes to be honest. The only class I've noticed OP is the LM. The devs have addressed that issue already.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwrei View Post
    I disagree. The game feels balanced to me. I don't like it too hard.. hate dying all the time. I love this expansion.. best expansion in years! It's got something for everyone. I'm also not seeing all of the classes OP.. certainly not the Minstrel which is what I play most. My Minstrel feels perfect since I do play it DPS style - red line.. groups, etc. The mobs hit hard so am very glad about increased dps. It's not insane dps compared to some other classes to be honest. The only class I've noticed OP is the LM. The devs have addressed that issue already.
    please point me to these mobs that are hitting you hard, with damage numbers to illustrate what you mean.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Saiffyros View Post
    ... other way many will move to games with end game that require tactics.
    There's some left! Which?
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

there are hard hitting mobs in W Rohan, almost all of which are war-bands. some warbands can devastate squishies for upwards of 15k+ morale.

There's at least 4 new war-bands that are extremely difficult to solo. however, since many are away from direct quest areas, it is possible for you guys to miss them.

also, the Boar war-band can drop a bleed on you for 4,500 morale every two seconds, obv usually hits melee classes with that.
    Last edited by Leixy; Dec 09 2013 at 05:53 PM.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

I always go for those that have vitality on them, but my morale is still low XD

That's why I used the word "feeling"

People aren't all the same. Some people will have no problem maxing their stats and get the best gear and those people will probably feel very OP, and then there's people like me who do all quests everywhere and only use quest items and don't really know how to max my stats, and don't think it's fun either I want to play a game for fun, not do math homework XD

Sounds very complicated XD I don't understand how to build a good LI. There's no real guide in game, and even though I've spent days reading the wiki and forums I still have no idea, and when I ask for advice people say "don't bother until you're max level". I might be able to craft some jewelry though, thanks for the tip! I'll have to try to level my jeweler's crafting since I don't know any jewelers and can't afford to buy any gear XD

Skirmish camp things are out of the question since I can't gain more than a few marks here and there. The only place I can get a bit larger clumps of marks is the Yule Festival, so I have to be careful with them, or I won't be able to let my skirmish soldiers level with me.

I can't get any instance armour because I have to quest to reach the instances first, and then I only get to do them once or twice because it's hard to find groups that will take someone who isn't max level with max stats, especially someone as shy as me. At the moment I'm stuck in Mirkwood and worried I'll have to leave my Brandywine minstrel behind since I apparently need to kidnap or bribe 5 strangers to finish the Epic there

My virtues are quite good and I have chosen those with morale and defense-thingies, doesn't seem to make much difference though.

It would be nice to have a button where you can switch between Hard Mode for those who can gear themselves into a gameplay they find boring, and a normal setting and also an easy setting for beginners and people who hate playing games but love exploring Tolkien's world. Too bad that would be too expensive and time consuming to ever get added XD

Emphasis added by me.

I think you're overcomplicating the game or you haven't gotten to the point where you find a play style that works for you.

It is extremely difficult to die playing a minstrel if you're playing it correctly. The game isn't hard; it isn't hard at all on the landscape and it could definitely use some tweaking to make it at least interesting.

I understand your gear isn't great, but that's really not such a problem on the landscape.

You're a minstrel: KITE. You're not supposed to stand there and let the mobs hit you if you're squishy.
    You have CC (stun, fear), you have slows and you have AoE. Nothing should be able to get to you. Ever.
    Use self heals, unless a mob hits you for your total morale, there is really no excuse for dying on landscape. -Unless you pull a whole camp-

You have said you don't know how to build an LI. There are several guides online with the basics on relic slotting and LI leveling. As for the legacies, it isn't hard to find things with + damage ad go with that; max the tactical damage on your weapon and that's it.

You don't have to e some sort of 'elite' gamer to survive the landscape; quite the contrary actually. Furthermore, managing a decent solo / quest build isn't doing 'math homework'. There's a difference between knowing the basic and playing within your means and 'min maxing'.

You can't say the game isn't easy because you're not willing to put any effort into your build. No offense.
    And then, forever remains that change from G to E minor.

I disagree.

I am consistently one-shotting landscape mobs on my minstrel -while red traited but purely geared for healing -. It's not completely rare to see 25 - 28k devastating hits on Call to Fate.

Cry of the wizards hits 8 targets and can also one-shot one or more enemies. The damage is so huge, in fact, that I ended up finishing combat quests by running and pulling several mobs I needed and killing them all at once to save time.

On instances, the minstrel can put out more DPS than some (most?) hunters, due to the insanely high crits and the abundance of AoE.

Bottom line is: I've always been a purely healing minstrel, and I gear my character accordingly - I don't even have DPS LIs -, I should not be able to hit 25k devs consistently; it doesn't make sense and it shows how un-balanced the damage output really is.

The only class I've seen get those kind of crits and higher is the LM and certainly not my mini .. which by the way is dps traited and also weapon, legacies, etc.. full works. But I do know that with each update there are always people who whine and complain about something, anything, everything, etc. I am constantly in Marton farming scholar mats and even there on landscape mobs and elite landscape mobs not getting anything close to those kind of crits. Maybe it is a server issue for Eldar but not seeing it on Snowbourn.

As I've said previously, I'm loving this expansion... love the trait trees.. class changes..big battles.. everything.

The only class I've seen get those kind of crits and higher is the LM and certainly not my mini .. which by the way is dps traited and also weapon, legacies, etc.. full works. But I do know that with each update there are always people who whine and complain about something, anything, everything, etc. I am constantly in Marton farming scholar mats and even there on landscape mobs and elite landscape mobs not getting anything close to those kind of crits. Maybe it is a server issue for Eldar but not seeing it on Snowbourn.

As I've said previously, I'm loving this expansion... love the trait trees.. class changes..big battles.. everything.
    You have every right to love it; that is not in question.

I will be sure to post a screenshot next time I get a giant crit like that. It's also worth mentioning that I'm not the only minstrel I've seen who is capable of doing that . So... there must be a reason why you're not getting them.

Edit: I could finally get into the game for a second and got these. Please everyone remember I am not doing this to brag. I don't even enjoy DPsing on my minstrel; I am not even good at it.

I just button mash and click the red skills when I'm questing, in full healing oriented gear and LIs, which is why the insane damage output doesn't make any sense. I shouldn't be able to one shot mobs without putting any effort whatsoever into my damage output.

http://i.imgur.com/rPLxb5S.jpg 20k dev call to fate, no buffs. Not even ballads + anthem.

http://imgur.com/rPLxb5S,9tWL2Uo,Bnq...iMLm,9QCzut0#1 one ballad.

http://imgur.com/rPLxb5S,9tWL2Uo,Bnq...iMLm,9QCzut0#2 cry of the wizards can (and will) one shot a group of mobs, and that wasn't even a dev. Again, no buffs, just clicked the skill.

http://i.imgur.com/vJedLzo.jpg a minor ballad Dev can take about 40% of a mob's morale - I was using my healing harp -.

http://i.imgur.com/d3NCn0A.jpg Coda can not only one-shot but it puts a damage buff on the minstrel.

Bottom line: with 16 attacks, my average was over 5k and my max was 15. http://i.imgur.com/quQiMLm.jpg

On 43 attacks mobs averaged about 200 and their max hit was a little over 560. http://i.imgur.com/9QCzut0.jpg

Where is the balance on that?

No one can say mobs hit too hard or that we don't hit them hard enough. I'm sure I could hit much harder if I had the right gear and put some effort into my rotation, but why bother? I can just click whatever and one shot a landscape mob. Fun, right?
    Last edited by Elemiire; Dec 10 2013 at 02:07 AM.

you are OP ONLY if you deal with field trash. try a few 6 man or 12 man content and come back to this discussion.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast