We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question "Experience the finale of Rohans epic story"

Before I start, this is NOT a thread about whether or not the Helms Deep expansion is good, or the new trait system, Big Battles or anything like that.

When I log in there is an advert screen for the expansion and one of the taglines is "Experience the finale of Rohans epic story". As I under stand it the Battle for Helms Deep isn't the end of the story as far as Rohan is concerned, there is still Pellinor Fields.

1 Oversight on Turbines part?
    2 Turbine do not plan on making the Pellinor Fields battle? (admittedly unlikely)

or

3 The epic questline of LOTRO and thus our characters will not be involved in the battle?

what do you think?

They refer to the end of Rohan's troubles. With helms Deep's ending, Rohan is pretty much now just a place for Aragorn and Co to hang their hats while they determine their next move, which Pippin will ultimately be responsible for.

Pelannor will come. There's those visions Galadriel had which undoubtedly will come to be at Pelannor. Then there's a particular instance in the Epic storyline which I will not say which is relevant to a particular character found in game and in the book.

Being devil's advocate, one could argue that this is a reference to the end of the epic line that is taking place "in Rohan". Though that is stretching it somewhat.

Personally I think it's an oversight on the part of the copywriter who came up with the slogan. If you think about it, the following is still to take place within the bounds of Rohan that in my view is worthy of inclusion within the epic line:

- Journey to Isengard and "Voice of Saruman".
    - A session play of the sack of Isengard by the Ents.
    - Arrival of the Grey Company
    - The Palantir
    - Watching Aragorn, the rangers, Gimli & Legolas depart. Would be good to see in the epic line some reflection of Eowyn's love for Aragorn.
    - Mustering of the Rohirrim

That's without the epic line getting us involved in any side matters such as fetching & carrying, cleaning dishes, waiting on Merry & Pippin whilst they stuff their faces outside the ruin of Isengard etc.
    <A sig goes here>

Quote Originally Posted by BangoTwinkletoes View Post
    Being devil's advocate, one could argue that this is a reference to the end of the epic line that is taking place "in Rohan". Though that is stretching it somewhat.

Personally I think it's an oversight on the part of the copywriter who came up with the slogan. If you think about it, the following is still to take place within the bounds of Rohan that in my view is worthy of inclusion within the epic line:

- Journey to Isengard and "Voice of Saruman".
    - A session play of the sack of Isengard by the Ents.
    - Arrival of the Grey Company
    - The Palantir
    - Watching Aragorn, the rangers, Gimli & Legolas depart. Would be good to see in the epic line some reflection of Eowyn's love for Aragorn.
    - Mustering of the Rohirrim

That's without the epic line getting us involved in any side matters such as fetching & carrying, cleaning dishes, waiting on Merry & Pippin whilst they stuff their faces outside the ruin of Isengard etc.
    I suppose another option I had not considered would be that they are planning on introducing all those you list in future patches before the next expansion. Technically we would still be seeing the finale of Rohans story and that tagline would still be valid but it is still misleading in its implication that what you see now is the end of the Rohan story.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeredOne View Post
    They refer to the end of Rohan's troubles. With helms Deep's ending, Rohan is pretty much now just a place for Aragorn and Co to hang their hats while they determine their next move, which Pippin will ultimately be responsible for.

Pelannor will come. There's those visions Galadriel had which undoubtedly will come to be at Pelannor. Then there's a particular instance in the Epic storyline which I will not say which is relevant to a particular character found in game and in the book.
    This.

We will get Peleanor, but it will be part of Gondor's epic story.