We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Warden with U12.1

Here are a list i posted during Beta and on the Warden Forums. Deviled_Egg promised some changes we can look forward with this update

-Buff durations (DE said 12.1)
    +4 Seconds

-Assailment Damage (DE Said 12.1)
    Seems Bleedings came back (spear/fist) - Didnt notice any direct Damage increases

-Spear Mastery (passive) still only gives 2%! Since Racial Bonuses grants 5% all Hobbits will use Clubs, Elfes and Men will use Swords. Raise Spear Mastery to 7% so that is equal to Clubs and Swords!
    No Change

-Recklessness Skill still only improves base Damage for 50%. If you are equiped you only gain rough 11% dmg increase!
    No Change

-Warden level 85 Earrings (Class) have changed their bonus from Thread to Marked/Diminished Target DeBuff. But you increase opponents Mitigations and not lower them. Please fix it!
    No Change, still bugged

-DoT Duration is still to low to have a good DoT rotation. Increase Duration or lower triggercount from 4 to 2 seconds (same as Loremasters)
    No Change

-Change steadfast to a fastskill. Animation takes to long
    Done

-Increase HoT from +3 to +5. Otherwise we will be forced to use 85 Sets
    No Change

-Change Determination Capstone already! Almost every Person during Beta told you that it is absolutely useless!
    No Change

-Javelin of Deadly Force still only works on plain ground
    No Change

-Some Legacys are now useless too! Shieldpiercer for exp.
    No Change

On the Warden Forum Deviled_Egg quoted this List with a Comment: A lot of items here are things being considered for tweaking and change. Thanks for the list and to everyone who's reporting issues and concerns.

3/11 Points changed. Sorry Deviled_Egg but what going on?

Also:

Restoration (Conviction) Finishers still dont increase those Heals for 25% (20%). Only Base Heal (without any Equip). This was also reported during beta.

So how can it be that many things Wardens asked for (During Beta and since Live) dont see a Chance?
    After this long time i can only guess that you either DONT CARE! about our wishes or you think that you have done an awesome Job for us Wardens. I'm disappointed

I share your disappointment
    To be honest i think we all know what it's take to fix this class.
    I'm trying to understand those changes and just cant, the class used to be so fun . now it's broke and not fun at all.
    leeching/self buffs/self healing, was integral part of our class, and now its just not fun and doesnt working.

Quote Originally Posted by CM-Amenophis View Post
    Here are a list i posted during Beta and on the Warden Forums. Deviled_Egg promised some changes we can look forward with this update

+4 Seconds

Seems Bleedings came back (spear/fist) - Didnt notice any direct Damage increases

-Spear Mastery (passive) still only gives 2%! Since Racial Bonuses grants 5% all Hobbits will use Clubs, Elfes and Men will use Swords. Raise Spear Mastery to 7% so that is equal to Clubs and Swords!
    No Change

-Recklessness Skill still only improves base Damage for 50%. If you are equiped you only gain rough 11% dmg increase!
    No Change

-Warden level 85 Earrings (Class) have changed their bonus from Thread to Marked/Diminished Target DeBuff. But you increase opponents Mitigations and not lower them. Please fix it!
    No Change, still bugged

-DoT Duration is still to low to have a good DoT rotation. Increase Duration or lower triggercount from 4 to 2 seconds (same as Loremasters)
    No Change

Done

No Change

-Change Determination Capstone already! Almost every Person during Beta told you that it is absolutely useless!
    No Change

No Change

No Change

On the Warden Forum Deviled_Egg quoted this List with a Comment: A lot of items here are things being considered for tweaking and change. Thanks for the list and to everyone who's reporting issues and concerns.

Also:

Restoration (Conviction) Finishers still dont increase those Heals for 25% (20%). Only Base Heal (without any Equip). This was also reported during beta.

So how can it be that many things Wardens asked for (During Beta and since Live) dont see a Chance?
    After this long time i can only guess that you either DONT CARE! about our wishes or you think that you have done an awesome Job for us Wardens. I'm disappointed
    Recklessness is WaI, this has been explained to you before. Whether you think the bonus is worth it is another story, but it is working.

Why is the shield piercer legacy useless?

What do you need +5 HoTs for?

I really don't see how you can complain about DoT durations, or want their tick frequency to be increased, unless you want to reduce the damage each tick does. Reckless warden dps is very strong atm, cutting DoT tick rates to 2 seconds would be a nearly 40% dps buff, is your warden really that far back of other classes in sustained encounters? Bringing DoT durations back up to the old 32s at their current potency would also be worth at least 20-25% more damage in a sustained parse thanks to being able to do a number of extra regular damage gambits. Just because you can't do the same old rotation doesn't mean it isn't just as strong.

Most other points are agree-able

Heals Threat

Transfering the post in Warden's forum here -

So basically did a test with a hunter, he'd shoot 1 penetrating shot to a mob and turn around, then I'd try to get the mob's aggro just by spamming Convictions.
    pen shot = 6.3k dmg
    Heals on the hunter until I got aggro = 12-13k heals.
    My question was, is threat from heals already implemented in Beta?

Quote Originally Posted by jani16 View Post
    By my expereince, healing aggro has been 1/3 of dps aggro and now it is 1/2 based on your numbers so i see it has been improved by 67%, still propably not too significiant.
    If these are the right numbers, it's definitely not making any difference to Live. Really disappointing, it's such a nice implementation but the threat you get it's just means nothing to hold aggro. If this would be boosted, we might even have some options for AoE tanking, if not it's always going to be a Resolution + DC spam in +3 targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlgon View Post
    Did you do this on Bullroarer? If not, NO.
    Yes.

Some other stuff:
    The -10% attack duration works now.
    +Gambit Lifetap Damage legacy is fixed, now increases the damage instead of doing the opposite.
    DC seems to working correctly now, 10m radius 10 targets for threat match-up & forced taunt.

@Spelunker

Sorry but it cant be Wai. The Increase is 50% from Base dmg, the BPE reduction from our current state. Sure wai...
    Almost all classe who can increase dmg by X% increase current Damage, not the Damage without any Gear. Then she have to update the Tooltip.
    50% should be 50%! If not, then its Bugged or a lie Same with Heal Finishers. Change tooltip or fix it!

But maybe we should change "To Arms", oathbreaker, Champ increases, Hot Burn and so also to an increase from the absolute base damage?
    Sorry but NO.

And i dont look at the warden from a Solo pov, i compare him (depends on Tree) with the task hi has to fulfill in a raid.

Tanking: Cappy and Grd way better atm. Longer HoT Duration gives us the opportunity to use defense Gambits, to close the Gap between us and Cappy (and Grds). Its not for easymoding
    Damage: Burst is not good but thats wai, DoTs are ok if we can Focus only on them. If not a whole rotation is screwed. But hey, we can equip level 85 gear to fix that...
    Support: Useless, since we cant replace (if needed) a Supporter. No Damage Support (red cappy), no Debuffing (LM), no Def. Support (cappy), Burglar. We cant replace anyone because our Support sucks!

Also: What about all the stupid benefits we get from our Tree? +77 evade, or -15x Critical Defense (support). One reason behind many Class changes was, that Classes are nearly Equal if they have the same use.
    And for the Wardens its not the Case! But perhabs this isnt bothering you.
    Last edited by CM-Amenophis; Dec 07 2013 at 12:05 PM.

@Spelunker

Sorry but it cant be Wai. The Increase is 50% from Base dmg, the BPE reduction from our current state. Sure wai...
    Almost all classe who can increase dmg by X% increase current Damage, not the Damage without any Gear. Then she have to update the Tooltip.
    50% should be 50%! If not, then its Bugged or a lie Same with Heal Finishers. Change tooltip or fix it!

But maybe we should change "To Arms", oathbreaker, Champ increases, Hot Burn and so also to an increase from the absolute base damage?
    Sorry but NO.

And i dont look at the warden from a Solo pov, i compare him (depends on Tree) with the task hi has to fulfill in a raid.

Tanking: Cappy and Grd way better atm. Longer HoT Duration gives us the opportunity to use defense Gambits, to close the Gap between us and Cappy (and Grds). Its not for easymoding
    Damage: Burst is not good but thats wai, DoTs are ok if we can Focus only on them. If not a whole rotation is screwed. But hey, we can equip level 85 gear to fix that...
    Support: Useless, since we cant replace (if needed) a Supporter. No Damage Support (red cappy), no Debuffing (LM), no Def. Support (cappy), Burglar. We cant replace anyone because our Support sucks!

Also: What about all the stupid benefits we get from our Tree? +77 evade, or -15x Critical Defense (support). One reason behind many Class changes was, that Classes are nearly Equal if they have the same use.
    And for the Wardens its not the Case! But perhabs this isnt bothering you.
    HoT duration COULD get increased and it would make us more powerful, but I haven't been holding any raid I've tanked back with durations as they are. My dps tank traited is strong enough that I have a pretty solid amount of time for self-buffs, including the HoTs that are actually worthwhile. In AoE Situations there is no time for HoTs, but resolution and EoB are important parts of AoE tanking anyway, and provide more heals as well. AoE tanking sucks from a gameplay standpoint, but HoT durations would do next to nothing to aid in this. I'm struggling to see a reason why HoT durations have any value in terms of making the class better, just easier.

You still haven't explained WHY DoT durations or hit frequency needs to be changed. Reckless DPS is near the top of the food chain in any sustained situation already, and will continue to do so if/when any bleed bug fix comes around. Increasing tick frequency would put us off the charts on damage, as would increasing duration. All I can see from what you're saying here is that you don't like how rotations work out, which thanks to the flexibility of how the class executes skills, is easily remedied by adjustments in your rotation.

Our support skills are pretty terrible, thats absolutely true, but they do exist. The debuffs need serious improvement, maybe add some suggestions to your list on how to get them worthwhile?

If you fight against Trash Mobs during a Raid our Dps is worst. Fact, since we have to build our DoTs. In Exchange we can do very high dps IF:

The Opponent has enough Moral (we are talking about minimum 200k+) otherwise other Dps Classes will burn the HP so fast, we couldnt see the second tick of our Dots.
    exp: Armor Guards in BG (95): If we are 6 people and i am the only Damage Dealer, i do 4,5k dps. If we are a Raid i only do 2k because the Enemy dies to fast.
    All other Dps Classes dont see a loss because they use Dots as a primary Damage source!

My Solution:
    Shorten time between each tick (higher Dps in general)
    Increase Duration, wont change anything about all Raidmobs below 200k but we can spread our Dots on various targets who are not near eachother.

And for Support:
    First of all Egg should fix the Warden Earrings so we dont lower our Damage but increase it Would be a small step. During Beta i suggested a unique Support style for Wardens.
    Damage % Increase -> Captains
    Damage % Decrease -> Captains
    Heal % Increase -> Captains
    CC -> LM/Burg
    DeBuffing -> LM/Burg

For us maybe:
    Crit % Chance?
    Crit Immunity for X Duration?
    Fire at will -> all skills crit for X seconds (maybe a bit too strong for some classes)

+4 Seconds

No Change

No Change

No Change, still bugged

No Change

Done

No Change

No Change

No Change

No Change

Also:

DC NOT working in Big Battles. Testing Deeping Wall today. The npcs get the challenge buff on their bar, sometimes they select me , but never attack me.
    Take a closer look.
    Bring aggro leach back cause i dont wanna tank like a guard. Who in this lotro world wanna do dance of war in the middle of the battle. It only gives u evade. In singel target raids i can tank but sadly with a dps build and rotation. Adds fight show us how poor and broken the wardens are. Adds fight solution atm, just switch to dps and hope no fellow dies till the adds are dead. From my pov this is the last chance i give u guys to fix the warden. Open ure eyes get on the formus and ask us or read our suggestion. All i saw till now is that you have no clue what ure doing or suppose to do. In case you didnt know(one can never be too sure) warden= aggro leach / guards= produce aggro. END OF Discussion.that is what you need to put back.
    Extending the buffs duration for x sec will not fix it. Just in cAse i'm wrong i will ask you (devEgg) to make a video and show me that AoE tanking is possible, but pls dont take in youre fellowship that guy from the RoR video (hunter with no stance on)
    With all due respect

There is something I don't quite understand. Why a Guardian's Challenge has 14m radius and affect 13 targets, while our (improved) DC is 10m radius and affects 10 targets?
    Why you don't just make it 20 targets, and give wardens just 1 small thing above the other tanks?
    Ah wait, the champion Heroics taunt affects 20 targets. Nevermind...

Just as a reminder, threat leeches could hold aggro from an infinite amount of targets. That was one of the cores of the Wardens.

Not to mention DC remains our ONLY source of threat match-up. 1 skill, 20s cd.
    Guards, Capts & Champs still have at least 2 forced taunts to play around. Even after 12.1 changes (all forced taunts down to 5 secs), they will still have more options to hold aggro.
    They also have their DPS and heals to produce threat, that's not something exclusive of the Warden.

Lifetap damage in blue line, it's still too soft.
    Threat Dev Egg, WE NEED MORE THREAT.

EDIT: pretty pls
    Last edited by Miloneel; Dec 08 2013 at 03:29 AM.

If you fight against Trash Mobs during a Raid our Dps is worst. Fact, since we have to build our DoTs. In Exchange we can do very high dps IF:

The Opponent has enough Moral (we are talking about minimum 200k+) otherwise other Dps Classes will burn the HP so fast, we couldnt see the second tick of our Dots.
    exp: Armor Guards in BG (95): If we are 6 people and i am the only Damage Dealer, i do 4,5k dps. If we are a Raid i only do 2k because the Enemy dies to fast.
    All other Dps Classes dont see a loss because they use Dots as a primary Damage source!

My Solution:
    Shorten time between each tick (higher Dps in general)
    Increase Duration, wont change anything about all Raidmobs below 200k but we can spread our Dots on various targets who are not near eachother.
    While this may help to a certain extent, it would be game-breaking when we do get to high morale mobs. I have pretty junk gear, and am consistently one of the top damage dealers on a boss-mob now. Making DoTs tick every 2 seconds instead of 4 would up my dps by about 35-40%, which would make a warden head and shoulders better at dps on a high morale target compared to every other class in the game.

IMO, solutions to the AoE dps problem can be better handled with the spear sweep bonuses. #1 the radius needs to be brought in line with what other melee class' AoE range is, its uselessly small in radius at the moment, where mobs in the same pack, attacking the same target don't get hit with the AoE. The damage component should further be doubled (not on the primary target mob, but on the ones caught with the AoE) and deal weapon damage rather than common damage, OR up the chance on the trait that spreads the bleed from what it is now (10, 20, 30% chance to spread the bleed) to 20, 40, 60%. Also adding a second tier to the Desolation trait making both Desolation and Goad have a 6 target max would be a big addition for both tanking and AoE dps.

And for Support:
    First of all Egg should fix the Warden Earrings so we dont lower our Damage but increase it Would be a small step. During Beta i suggested a unique Support style for Wardens.
    Damage % Increase -> Captains
    Damage % Decrease -> Captains
    Heal % Increase -> Captains
    CC -> LM/Burg
    DeBuffing -> LM/Burg

For us maybe:
    Crit % Chance?
    Crit Immunity for X Duration?
    Fire at will -> all skills crit for X seconds (maybe a bit too strong for some classes)
    We already have the potential for some nice debuff/damage buffing skills in assailment in marked target, diminished target, the AoE component to both, and the traits for bonuses to the precise throw and offensive strike gambit lines. The problem is the durations on these skills relative to their potency just isn't worth it. Marked and diminished target durations should be able to be brought up to 100% up-time. What makes the most sense to me is to have the traits that currently up the potency of these skills instead increase their duration, and then modify the legacy that also increases the potency of the debuff so that it has 9 tiers instead of 5, and bringing it to 9 results in the 12.5% debuff that we can get now via a maxed legacy and maxed trait.

The debuff strengths on both the precise throw line and offensive strike line at max tier are pretty good, but their duration is a complete joke. Keep the max tier debuff values static with a single point invested into each granting the value, but start the debuff duration at 20s, and have each tier bring it up by 5 seconds, allowing for 30s durations on those two debuff lines. 30s Durations on those would leave wardens only having to make modest adjustments to dps rotations compared to a pure dps one, rather than what we have right now where our own dps output is absolutely crushed when trying to maintain those debuffs.

For additional group buffs at the cost of damage, dance of war and conviction could get a trait specific modification for assailment. Dance of War could give a -15% attack duration buff for 20s, while conviction could give a 5000 mastery (physical and tactical) buff for 20s. While both are powerful buffs, these are non-damaging gambits and particularly DoW is a slow animation, so a warden keeping these buffs up full-time would be making huge personal dps sacrifices to get their group these bonuses.

If you haven't bothered with it, or re-organized groups to take advantage of it, "Hurry up with that" really is quite potent.

Thats what i do all Day, reorganize Grp/Raid Gameplay to see how we can improve.
    And everytime when we come to Support: compared to the others, Warden Support is useless because there is almost no impact.
    If Deviled_Egg fixes the Earrings (atm only usefull to troll with them and buff a MonsterPlayer) then we have pretty awesome DPS Buffs for our grp.
    While we can fully focus on supportsgambits, the Raid can compare the Dps loss.
    But who believes that Egg will do that?

And 2 Second would be a bit to much. Every 3s would be very strong. Spear sweep not only should have its range increased, we should also be able to
    use if properly from Battle Memory and we should be able to Trigger Sweep on secondary Dots.

My thoughts are already in the Warden forums, but in case Devs only look here for BR feedback...

First I'll start with the positive. DC is a welcome change/fix. Thank you. 10 targets isn't as much as Champs can hit (which is silly... why can DPS hit more targets than we can control?) but practically 10 targets is probably fine for most things. We'll have to see if 10m is enough, but overall DC looks to be much more useful now.

Steadfast actually works now. Thanks! I think we can all agree this is how the skill should have first been introduced, but beggars can't be choosers. It's nice to have a functioning stun break.

Unfortunately that's all I have for the good. The rest... eek. While not really on my radar, I noticed that Captains get their halberd mastery boosted to match the increased racial bonuses. Why don't we get this treatment as well? Should be straight forward, our spear mastery should be boosted.

The big one, buff durations (I'll include Finisher durations here)... Wow. +4 seconds? I can only think this is something like a small test to make sure it works? I'm not encouraged though. I've been trying to avoid the whole "our Dev doesn't even play a Warden" thing because I think that's silly... but it's hard to argue against that with something like this. No one who actually plays a Warden can really think that 4 more seconds on our buffs is significant. As for the Finishers, I don't see why these can't just be a permanent buff once applied that lasts until one of three conditions is met: 1) The finishing Gambit is used, 2) another Finisher is applied (so you can only have one up at a time, this is also a good spot for a high tier trait (blue final trait???) to allow more than 1 Finisher to be active *hint hint*), or 3) you are out of combat for the standard 9 seconds. I think a good system that I would like to see is that the Finishers apply a modest ongoing buff to the corresponding 4-length Gambits (and they do NOT consume the Finisher) and a sizable buff to the corresponding 5-length Finishing Gambits (which of course DO consume the Finisher).

That's my comments on what has been acknowledged on BR to some extent. Some things we have been told are being addressed in 12.1 don't seem to be on BR right now. I'll give the benefit of the doubt on those, guessing their just not in yet. Below are things I would like to see addressed.

There are a few other issues that I don't see any mention of fixing. Notably still no leeches. If we're not getting leeches back ever, just say so, but I feel that we lack a core part of being a tank (that Guards, Captains, Champs all have) without at least a couple Gambits being capable of leeching threat. If leeches are for some reason off the table, we need to look at a way to fill that void.

Might still gives physical mastery. If we're really going to lose that at some point I really like the idea I saw of Agility being changed to give 2 Block, Parry, Evade. That would really help balance out our BPE with basically no Might whatsoever.

Of course For the Free Peoples. It's just not good. At all. The idea is not bad, but the execution is. We use masteries whenever possible. Using only builders is not effecient. If this is going to keep the same idea of being triggered off Gambit builders, bump it up to include masteries. Aside from that, this is a minimal ratings buff that most people won't notice because they're not even taking damage (we're the tanks remember?) or they're capped anyways. Something more substantial, even unique to this buff, would be more welcome. Maybe each stack makes the Warden take less damage. Or damage from the fellowship is directed to the Warden with this buff. Or we could say each stack of this lets the player perform a certain effect with their skills. A heal proc, corruption removal, stacking bleed procs, etc. Lots of ways this could go.
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

I would also be grateful if we were to get back our aggro leech, since even now it would be fundamental for a warden to tank. I tried a couple of raids on ,live with my kin where I'm the only warden and it was just impossible to get aggro from a guard just with spamming DC, but then again a forced taunt could take it away from me. Nowadays if im on a raid where a guard or a cappy is im feeling successful if i can even get aggro for a couple of secs. For god's sake this was a premium class with unique tanking style and you did what with it?! made a pitiful off-tank from it who's only job can be to get the mobs that run past guards or cappies. Regarding the buffs i don't really have problem with the durations cause im not even being attacked in raids or instances. On boss fights i can keep the aggro in small fellowship instances but only with spamming dots, and its always takes time from setting up buffs and self-heals(this was tested against a champ who). I don't really like this new threat system, cause even if we are getting 3 times bigger aggro than our initial DPS how could we fare against crazy aoe champs and lms, thats just not possible to handle, as someone else already said in AOE situations we can only beg that noone dies 'till its over. What is more ironical that the loading screen still shows the warden as a capable aoe tank which it is clearly not with this system. So i think as almost every warden wants back their threat leeches you could do this little thing for us Dev_Egg. As for me if this won't change with U12.1 i'm just finished with the warden cause its not anymore why i choose this class to be my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Miloneel View Post
    Transfering the post in Warden's forum here -

So basically did a test with a hunter, he'd shoot 1 penetrating shot to a mob and turn around, then I'd try to get the mob's aggro just by spamming Convictions.
    pen shot = 6.3k dmg
    Heals on the hunter until I got aggro = 12-13k heals.
    My question was, is threat from heals already implemented in Beta?
    I've never seen any indication in lotro that overhealing generates any threat, so that might be what you are seeing. For example, on my rk it used to be that my healing stone would never pull aggro off of me until I actually got damaged and it healed me. If you pulled a group of mobs and did no damage to them, the rock wouldn't peel any off until you actually took damage. I haven't tested this in a long time, but that's how it used to work.

Are Recovery and Quick Recovery usable outside of combat without having to use Battle Prep now?

(so you can clear you gambit bar after combat with one keystroke instead of the current two)