We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

We Cannot Get Out...Seriously.

I tried fighting Mazog and got owned by all the mobs that joined the fight. Bracing Attack, the self-heal, did not appear to proc one time during the entire session. Is there some trick to this? Is it bugged?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Castamere2013; Dec 07 2013 at 12:06 AM.

What you have to do is use those barricade looking things that are in front of the door as a bottleneck of sorts.

X O

X O

The X represents the doorway, the O represents the barricade, You have to stand to either side of the door between an X and an O. You have to be out of LoS of the trolls, keep mazog and the other orcs around those 2 points then bash away until the session ends.

You may have to try this a few times to get it right, but I have used this strategy on all my toons and it seems to work out well enough.

Some people have said that there is a bug with the healing skill, but I have not run into it as yet.

OK, thanks, I'll try that! Too bad it takes 10 minutes+ to get to that point. Was it always like this?

I did it last night without the heal too. You have two big attacks, an aoe and one shotter, set them up and just alternate. I wasn't near the entry but back away behind a pillar.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    I did it last night without the heal too. You have two big attacks, an aoe and one shotter, set them up and just alternate. I wasn't near the entry but back away behind a pillar.
    I didn't get the heal either when I tried that quest two weeks ago - and I've decided to wait out for a while until they hopefully might fix it - I mean, it's an awful long session, having to fight through hordes and hordes of orcs with a character that somehow feels gimped... and doing that again and again is most definitely NOT my idea of fun! Especially that looooong fight at the stairways gets old really, really fast.

My hope is that they either fix the heal or maybe give us the chance to restart from some in-between-point when we die, so we don't have to go through the whole thing again.

I usually love the book quests, but that one I just wanna go through and leave behind by now, so I can finally head on (book wise) to Lorien.
    ~ Huntress reincarnated ~

The quest is broken but it is possible to do it without the healing. What you need to do in the chamber is defeat the first wave then run into the corridor out of site before Mazog comes. Stay there for a couple of minutes to heal then head back in. In my case when i headed back there was just the two minders and Mazog an easy fight. When Mazog is at a low health he calls for help. Don't try and fight the trolls just run around for the 20? seconds you need to survive.

Its a bit cheesy but until the instance is fixed its the best was to complete it.
    Last edited by Atrixzia; Dec 07 2013 at 04:33 AM.

Isn't it wonderfully ironic that broken session play now represents the hardest content in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by HoldumDown View Post
    Isn't it wonderfully ironic that broken session play now represents the hardest content in the game?
    Yeah it's also funny that people are referring to Ori as 'gimped'. Must be a reflection on how over-powered the class changes have made everyone feel!

Quote Originally Posted by Castamere2013 View Post
    I tried fighting Mazog and got owned by all the mobs that joined the fight. Bracing Attack, the self-heal, did not appear to proc one time during the entire session. Is there some trick to this? Is it bugged?

Thanks!
    Wow - been a long time since I've seen people saying this about this instance. Turbine nerfed it twice now. It did used to be a difficult one. I really loved it back when it was. After the last nerf it seemed you could just go afk and come back and have it done.

Need work on your skills. Time when to heal - time aoe's to kill the adds. Kill the adds ignore the boss, or was it ignore the adds kill the boss. It has been ages since I ran that. Been at least 2 years since I brought a guy up through the ranks.

As has been said, there is no heal, it's currently broken. That being said, using the big one shot skill and aoe makes it all pretty quick.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

@ People saying the equivalent of "learn to play," that's not the issue. Some session play characters are missing their skills since the launch of HD.

Saw Remembering Thrymm mentioned as being fixed in the preliminary 12.1 update notes. Hope the devs hadn't forgotten about this one either. Perhaps Thrymm remembering his skills in the next update might mean Ori will recover some of his? Yeah, I made that terrible joke.

Quote Originally Posted by HoldumDown View Post
    I'm going to laugh if the dev response to "everything's too easy" would be to accidentally delete our class skills at random.
    Relax, it's only just a string of 1s and 0s.

Quote Originally Posted by catofnine View Post
    I'm going to laugh if the dev response to "everything's too easy" would be to accidentally delete our class skills at random.
    Well, that was one of the justifications for the class revamps:

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post

Q39: @MikeWestYYC Do you feel the current state of LOTRO is not challenging enough (too easy) to keep new players engaged? #LOTRO

A39: Matt "Hoarsedev" Zimmitti
    Our present classes don't require difficult choices in how to play. Future changes should increase the challenge level. Because you won't be able to do everything as any class.
    -------------------

Edit: well, the trait trees aren't technically random.
    Last edited by dietlbomb; Dec 07 2013 at 12:31 PM.
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. ~ Faramir

Undo the U12 class changes. The trait trees were, are, and will always be a bad idea.
    Maedhric 100 Captain, Nunion 93 Champion, Taraviel 85 Minstrel, etc...

One of the main issues is without Bracing Victory (the self-heal) it is very difficult. By the time Mazog shows up with his two pals, I was at about 1/3 of my morale. A trick I found was after I wrote in the Book, I went back out of the room into the hallway to the very end and around the corner. I would fight the mobs that followed me, waited for my morale to regenerate and then fight the other mobs, always staying around the corner after I pulled them. When Mazog and pals show up, they don't aggro right away because Mazog has his speech to make. After they activate, his two pals walk back out the door. I wait until out of Mazog aggro range and attack them, killing both. After I regenerate, I attack Mazog, when he goes green, I just run around the room until Session Play completes.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000134df0/signature.png]Kryhavoc[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Gandie2 View Post
    Wow - been a long time since I've seen people saying this about this instance. Turbine nerfed it twice now. It did used to be a difficult one. I really loved it back when it was. After the last nerf it seemed you could just go afk and come back and have it done.

Need work on your skills. Time when to heal - time aoe's to kill the adds. Kill the adds ignore the boss, or was it ignore the adds kill the boss. It has been ages since I ran that. Been at least 2 years since I brought a guy up through the ranks.
    Then you know nothing about the state of the instance since the HD changes. Too easy/difficult is one thing but abilities simply not working is another.

I haven't played this since HD came out, but I still think this instance is really broken. Out of the 10 characters or so that I have attempted this with, only about half of those were able to complete it. This is the only epic/instance I ever skipped due to my frustration in all my playing.

There were usually 2 hang points in the instance. It's really a two parter--one part by the bridge and the other part in the chamber.

First, at the bridge area, the two trolls who come down the hall that the two dwarves are supposed to stop at the top of the stairs sometime get through and kill the NPC. The instance then fails. Yeah, you can try to hammer away at them, but the chances of killing them both with their amount of morale without killing the NPC is pretty slim. I've heard tips like, wait to run until the dwarves get the trolls aggro or run right away. I've done them all and there was no surefire method. Also, Session play places limits on you, so you're already at a disadvantage. You can't use your normal combat rotation and method.

If the trolls are stopped and you get to the chamber, another problem exists. I have defeated Mazog and seen the reinforcements come (the ones you are not supposed to beat and are to be beaten by), only to run around, get killed, and failed the instance. I have heard all sorts of tips and tricks, including making sure to be up on the steps, near the tomb, etc. I've tried them all and it didn't work.

However, as I said, I have completed it with about 5 characters. I'm not sure how I got through, but I did. I can't remember doing anything special--I passed it just by straightforward playing, to the best of my memory.

I know there are some that really embrace challenge, but this isn't a challenge, but futility. i like a good challenge too, but it has to accomplish something. I like to log on to play LOTRO and accomplish goals, not do the same darn thing over and over (and this instance is long). I mean, it can be two hours later and you didn't accomplish anything. I don't have time to throw away like that. I feel like I'm wasting my time.

So, I might try it again sometime, but for now, I've just skipped it with my latest characters and feel less the frustration because of it. My advice is just to keep trying if you want. I just find the instance to be too fickle to count on getting through. So, to me, arguing back and forth whether it is easy or too hard (which is very subjective) isn't really the issue, but whether the instance is operating as intended or not.
    Last edited by Matheteis; Dec 07 2013 at 03:29 PM.

I have had several of my alts do this session play. They've all succeeded, though some had more trouble than others. I have never failed this if I run immediately after talking to Frar. If I don't immediately run, I may or may not fail it. No time have I succeeded if I try to kill the trolls.

When I have been Ori, I have failed at times if I try to do too much and run out of power. If that happens, you can't heal and you fail. I have tried to hide and do other line of sight stuff, but that's not been consistent.

I have not tried this one since Helm's Deep launched. The next update will be launched before I get a chance to try it. Hmm, the update is on BR right now, but I don't think that I have a character there eligible for the instance.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

I am an altoholic and did this with several characters. I got to where I can do it without dying. Basically, at a certain point in the battle (when lots of orcs arrive), I just run around. If you survive for long enough, you pass.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000fded1/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Gandie2 View Post

You should consider that everyone here have trouble firing off the bracing heal attack, which means no healing. When I and you did this, that was not a problem, now it is.

I got chased by Balrog to the bridge twice,, first time killed by massive aoe, second time he didn't kill me but I was still "in combat", so couldn't talk to npc and progress!

I was not looking forward to third time, because was getting sick of killing all those bloody Orcs by now, but luckily, was able to get to chamber and complete.... although I must say, I was getting the upper hand with Mazog, and was about to finish him off when he decided to use an exploit, and he ended the session! (That was a while ago tho after Riders of Rohan, but before Helm's deep.)

Have taken 2 alts through Moria since then, but everything has become Super-easy, and was too boring to hang about doing books
    Last edited by Hitchawk; Dec 13 2013 at 11:13 AM.

where do we REenter Moria Session play? is it also from the scroll in Riv? I want to try this again.

is this the one where you cross the bridge (that Gandalf later destroys)?

I had one Dwarf run off the bridge and die, causing me to fail. twice.

im curious as to whats going on and want to see for myself
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    where do we REenter Moria Session play? is it also from the scroll in Riv? I want to try this again.

Not the bridge one. It's recounting what happens in the chamber of mazarbul when the previous dwarf expedition gets stomped by the orcsnfriends. Take one of your characters who has finished the moria epics, go to the 21st hall and try the reflecting pool there. Want to say it's v.2 book 3, ch.9? Too lazy to check ingame.
    Relax, it's only just a string of 1s and 0s.

Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post

Session play "replay" is available in the Chronicle of Events at the Spire of Meeting in Rivendell.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Chronicle_of_Events

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by Atrixzia View Post
    The quest is broken but it is possible to do it without the healing. What you need to do in the chamber is defeat the first wave then run into the corridor out of site before Mazog comes. Stay there for a couple of minutes to heal then head back in. In my case when i headed back there was just the two minders and Mazog an easy fight. When Mazog is at a low health he calls for help. Don't try and fight the trolls just run around for the 20? seconds you need to survive.

Its a bit cheesy but until the instance is fixed its the best was to complete it.
    At the current state, this is probably the best advice for getting through this quest.

I ran outside of room right after writing the book, had a ton of adds come towards me, which I could kill without dying, then healed up and finished the quest. 5th time is a charm.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000014752/01007/signature.png]Hesrai[/charsig]

This needs to be prioritized for repair.

I have two capped toons and a higher level third, and all of them did this instance without any problems by straightforward playing. I just tried several times to get my fourth toon through it and discovered the missing skills. Even using the strategies laid out for people who had difficulty with the instance before HD, I still cannot manage to stay alive long enough, whether I run around, bottleneck myself, hide and heal, et cetera. The missing skills are crucial and now I am stranded in the middle of the epic chain. So I feel the need to make this statement:

Dear Turbine...I play in order, and you know Moria comes well before Rohan. So far I have spent lots of money on three toons buying a ridiculous amount of warsteed swag for each. If I can't get this third through Moria, I won't get my warsteed, and I won't spend money on it. Fixing "We Cannot Get Out" = money for you.

Is that the needed incentive for fixing something as crucial to the game as a broken epic quest? I mean, being as it's the EPICS, you'd think that the driving story engine of the game would itself be incentive. It's kind of important, guys.

Im stuck here. Lvl 54 free play champion. the only things I can do is follow the Epic story as no ohter quests available. I keep dying about 4 mins after the bridge.
    Due to sales have purchased Enedwaith with tp points at 20 per cent off.
    My question is what can I do to get to lvl 60 and do enedwaith. I read in forums enedwaith is lvl 60 and deeds dont count until you reach that level
    Can I pick up epic story elsewhere?
    Cheers in advance

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast