We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Halberd Passive

Halberd Passive

So with the expansion several things have changed with the halberd. Racial traits have been bumped up to 5% damaged which is 3% more damage then the bonus captains get with halberds. Then with the change to the threat system changing to being based on damage the passive for halberds was changed from generating a small amount of threat to 2% auto attack crit hit chance. So my question is how many of you guys still use halberds and if you still use halberds is it just for cosmetic values? Does the 2% auto attack crit hit chance really equate a threat generator? (just not familiar to the new threat system).
    My Love Affair with the Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Brewel120 View Post
    So with the expansion several things have changed with the halberd. Racial traits have been bumped up to 5% damaged which is 3% more damage then the bonus captains get with halberds. Then with the change to the threat system changing to being based on damage the passive for halberds was changed from generating a small amount of threat to 2% auto attack crit hit chance. So my question is how many of you guys still use halberds and if you still use halberds is it just for cosmetic values? Does the 2% auto attack crit hit chance really equate a threat generator? (just not familiar to the new threat system).
    With the next big update the +2% Halberd damage passive will be boosted to 5% to put it equal to the Sword bonus. Then it only becomes a matter of whether you want +2% parry chance or +2% auto-attack critical chance. That makes Halberds the best weapon for DPS/threatbuilding and Greatswords the best for mitigating (well, avoiding) damage.

how will the update make halberds good for threat building when they removed the passive? am i missing something from that comment? i liked threat being on halberds, it's one of the reasons i used the weapon. i hope it gets put back on it, otherwise whats the point to not use a greatsword for the bonus. (human class)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000030477/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Never forget 2/14
    Survivor of the Great Down Time of 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Gladimor View Post
    how will the update make halberds good for threat building when they removed the passive? am i missing something from that comment? i liked threat being on halberds, it's one of the reasons i used the weapon. i hope it gets put back on it, otherwise whats the point to not use a greatsword for the bonus. (human class)
    Because the passive skill "Halberd Training" gives the same bonus to halberds as the racial gives to swords. The comparison was only between the halberds +autoattack crit chance (increasing damage done) to the swords +parry chance (decreasing damage taken).