We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Wildermore Instance: A Time For Vengeance; Post HD Bug

Another quest in Wildermore broken since the release of Helm's Deep? You be the judge.

I am finishing up the quest line in Wildermore for the 7th alt, the first since the release of Helm's Deep. When I got to the instance "A Time For Vengeance," I went in, expecting I would soon find Thrymm, battle Nurzum and move on to West Rohan! Right?! Not so much.

Upon entering, Cyneberg makes the following statement:

Cyneberg says, ''Come, then. Let us continue north-east!''

and remains standing. For those of you remember the original instance, she ran north-east, Thrymm soon appears, she swoons, yada-yada-yada.

I waited. No movement. I left the instance and re-entered. No movement.

I logged out of the night, returned to her in the High Knolls, re-entered the instance. She recited her now famous line:

Cyneberg says, ''Come, then. Let us continue north-east!''

And no movement.

I Alt-Tabbed out, searched the forums. Couldn't find any reports of mischief or mayhem for Cyneberg and this quest.

I returned to LOTRO. No movement.

I was just ready to give up, try to file a ticket in the hopes that a GM could advance the ticket, but with the full expectation that they would reply "File a bug report..."

I click on the in-game menu and voila! MOVEMENT! She finally ran North-East. Thrymm appeared. She swooned. I could advance the quest.

Elapsed time until I tried to file the bug ticket? Perhaps 5 minutes.

For all y'all's sake, I hope I'm the only one that experiences that pesky bug.
    Gilgorandir, the Elven Hunter - Serving Windfola since November, 2007

I (and two others doing the quest at the same time) had this issue a couple of days ago (on Windfola). I cancelled my first go, and restarted - was in the middle of filing a ticket when she started moving, so is about a 5 min wait.

I think there is a general issue with those scripted instances, I had to restart several ones in west-emnet too because the script just didn't start or continue at some point for whatever reason.
    Interacting with an NPC too early when he is scripted to babble some text first seems to be one possibility to bug such instances...but it may have just been coincidence.

I really start to hate those solo instances, not because they are generally boring and annoying, but because half of them bug for me.
    PyLotRO with Python 3.x support and bugfixes: [url]https://github.com/Lynx3d/pylotro[/url]

in the darkest depths of Mordor, meeting a girl so fair....
    So the work-around on this one - "Remembering Thrymm" also has a bug; I'm in Wildermore now - is to settle back, drink a cup of coffee, read Tolstoy's War and Peace, and wait for Cyneberg to come out of her lust-induced coma? Good enough.
    [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]ad[/COLOR] [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]astra[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]per alia[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]porci[/COLOR][/B]

in the darkest depths of Mordor, meeting a girl so fair....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathindi View Post
    ... wait for Cyneberg....
    Verified; just completed the quest. After Cyneberg says, ''Come, then. Let us continue north-east!'' a player will have to wait - in my case, approx 3 minutes - for her to actually move out.
    [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]ad[/COLOR] [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]astra[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]per alia[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]porci[/COLOR][/B]

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    I had this problem, but a simple restart of the quest (leave instance, cancel quest, retake quest after five minute cooldown) worked for me.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Redux

I just did it again yesterday with another character. It seems there is a 3 to 5 minute lag and then she finally takes off. Definitely a case of being patient, going to get a snack or a drink, take a bio break or whatever you do to kill time in real life.
    Gilgorandir, the Elven Hunter - Serving Windfola since November, 2007