We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A little feed back from folks at Turbine would be nice .

There are several posts from people being unable to log into game or getting kicked for connection issues. And we get nothing nada zip from the Turbine team. Common courtesy to the folks who pay the bills would be so appreciated. I mean if it is weather related why the silence? Just let me know you know that's all I ask.

Yea, good luck with getting ahold of them. Filed a ticket about it, and they responded about twice, (neither of which fixed the problem) then apparently got bored of responding. Haven't heard a peep from them since. Haven't seen anything on FB, Twitter, or the forums. But hey, maybe they found a box or bubble wrap or something and got distracted.

It may not be obvious where the issue(s) lie at this point. I do know that when I was a part of disaster planning, the internal deliberations were not made public. When a disaster strikes, you're too busy dealing with it, so items of lesser importance get put on the to-do list to be done later. We simply don't know and maybe there is nothing at Turbine's end worth mentioning at this point.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    It may not be obvious where the issue(s) lie at this point. I do know that when I was a part of disaster planning, the internal deliberations were not made public. When a disaster strikes, you're too busy dealing with it, so items of lesser importance get put on the to-do list to be done later. We simply don't know and maybe there is nothing at Turbine's end worth mentioning at this point.

I completely get that they may not know what the problem is or how to fix it yet. But at this point, I'd be happy with a simple "Oh hey there, we see and acknowledge that our customers, from which we get our money, are having trouble with their games." Just letting us know that they know would be helpful, instead of just sitting there doing whatever it is they're doing. I'm sure they are working hard to get it fixed, and that's great. But it takes all of like 4 seconds to tweet out that they are on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddrildun View Post
    I completely get that they may not know what the problem is or how to fix it yet. But at this point, I'd be happy with a simple "Oh hey there, we see and acknowledge that our customers, from which we get our money, are having trouble with their games." Just letting us know that they know would be helpful, instead of just sitting there doing whatever it is they're doing. I'm sure they are working hard to get it fixed, and that's great. But it takes all of like 4 seconds to tweet out that they are on it.
    "Sorry for the issues folks, we're working on getting that winter storm moved out of the way right now. No ETA at this point as the clouds are being a little stubborn."
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    "Sorry for the issues folks, we're working on getting that winter storm moved out of the way right now. No ETA at this point as the clouds are being a little stubborn."
    Awesome, nice! At least now we know what is going on. Hopefully everything fares well and it gets back to normal soon.

Bravo.

I send you virtual doughnuts and the caffeine-delivery system of your choice.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

The east coast has been getting rain most of the day. Just starting to turn to ice/snow now. The complaints about server problems I saw started around noon. According to the dev tracker, the last post was 5:23 PM. Seem like they were able to respond for at least 5 hours. A message acknowledging the problem would be nice.
    Robori - Lv86 Guardian on Brandywine. Member of the Runic Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by robo7425 View Post
    The east coast has been getting rain most of the day. Just starting to turn to ice/snow now. The complaints about server problems I saw started around noon. According to the dev tracker, the last post was 5:23 PM. Seem like they were able to respond for at least 5 hours. A message acknowledging the problem would be nice.
    If the issue is not a problem with Turbine, should they acknowledge it? Especially if it's something they have no control over and can do nothing about? This is not like that issue with the datacenter their servers are in, that was a big deal. This appears to be something is only affecting people who are going through certain routers and backbones to get to the servers, not everyone who plays.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

If the issue is not a problem with Turbine, should they acknowledge it? Especially if it's something they have no control over and can do nothing about? This is not like that issue with the datacenter their servers are in, that was a big deal. This appears to be something is only affecting people who are going through certain routers and backbones to get to the servers, not everyone who plays.
    They should respond because the players are customers. If they know the problem isn't on there end, and know its somewhere else, just say that. Not all players/customers are IT trained. Some don't know networking at all. It would help reduce the frustration on the players experiencing the problem. So, yes if they are aware of the problem they should acknowledge it.
    Robori - Lv86 Guardian on Brandywine. Member of the Runic Knights.