We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What about Housing storage costs (that cant be a hard fix to do)

I checked out housing and the costs for storage is still outrageous. first 15 spots 1 gold, second 15 spots 5 gold, third 15 spots 25 gold, fourth 15 spots 125 gold. Can we get some sort of confirmation if this is the intended pricing or is it a bug. Also if it is the intended pricing this is outrageous when a total of 60 spots used to be about 5 gold total. This so call upgrade to the storage system is not worth what has been provided for the costs of the storage.grpgapthe cost of t
    Silverlode Server

the new housing storage costs are in line with the amount of gold players have today in game to still be affordable. Mithril Coin upgrades are in line with vault upgrades for price.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    the new housing storage costs are in line with the amount of gold players have today in game to still be affordable. Mithril Coin upgrades are in line with vault upgrades for price.
    The housing option opens up at level 15, I doubt there are any new (not alts) level 15 characters with a spare 156G to spend on housing storage. For new players, this basically says forget about having any decent housing storage until you've ploughed thru to level cap (which is where you can rake in a spare 156 G from trash) - in the mean time tough luck (unless you want to pay real money). Personally, my response to the MC upgrades is just 'meh' - I can make do without (there are alternatives for more space).

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    This is not in line with the gold most people have. We went over this again and again and again in beta complaining about these prices and it got us no changes. It is only a small percentage of the player base on each server that have the 1k+ gold on a single character let alone across all their characters put together.

I understand that low lvls believe it is hard for them to make a lot of gold fast, but that's because they view the AH through the lens of being buyers and not sellers. i.e. players who farm ore/mats to sell for large gold returns because 95s don't feel like farming it themselves.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    This is not in line with the gold most people have. We went over this again and again and again in beta complaining about these prices and it got us no changes. It is only a small percentage of the player base on each server that have the 1k+ gold on a single character let alone across all their characters put together.
    Yes, exactly. I can count on one hand the number of my kinnies who have ever had anywhere close to 1k gold. These chest prices are outrageous, both the regular cost and the mithril coin cost.

And that goes for trait specs as well.
    Aethelbehrt ~ Captain of Landroval
    Haradwen ~ Warden of Landroval
    Zôraphel ~ Burglar of Landroval

My personal opinion.

These prices are not set to target players with small amounts of gold or dollars to spend on the game. The housing storage expansions are a perk for players with a lot of gold to start with. Plus players with a lot of extra dollars to spend on entertainment. The Turbine Point prices for housing storage upgrades are similar to we pay for vault space additions.

Another issue maybe that Turbine does not want people creating a lot of secondary accounts to get extra storage. A number of my friends have created private kins with a kin house for storage. Or created additional free to play accounts so they could buy more homes.

Gold is easy to make when you get higher level. I hauled some stuff on my level 87 to the auction hall got something like 30 gold. That was from 3 hours of game play. Sold a key and two lock boxes. I do not know how much gold I have spread between my character. It is well over a thousand. It keeps pouring in.

Although you can buy a house at level 15, it is not a good use of your gold if your highest level character is 15.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    My personal opinion.

These prices are not set to target players with small amounts of gold or dollars to spend on the game. The housing storage expansions are a perk for players with a lot of gold to start with. Plus players with a lot of extra dollars to spend on entertainment. The Turbine Point prices for housing storage upgrades are similar to we pay for vault space additions.

Another issue maybe that Turbine does not want people creating a lot of secondary accounts to get extra storage. A number of my friends have created private kins with a kin house for storage. Or created additional free to play accounts so they could buy more homes.

Gold is easy to make when you get higher level. I hauled some stuff on my level 87 to the auction hall got something like 30 gold. That was from 3 hours of game play. Sold a key and two lock boxes. I do not know how much gold I have spread between my character. It is well over a thousand. It keeps pouring in.

Although you can buy a house at level 15, it is not a good use of your gold if your highest level character is 15.
    This actually prompts people to create more accounts and buy a Standard house since they can buy up to 45 chest slots with them without spending hundreds of gold.

I still can't see a gold option instead of a mithril coin option in my housing storage UI