We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation Keep crashing to desktop

I keep crashing to desktop. Sometimes I don't even get into the game & it crashes. Other times I will be in game running & it crashes.

Any idea why this is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    I keep crashing to desktop. Sometimes I don't even get into the game & it crashes. Other times I will be in game running & it crashes.

this has been happening for quite a lot of people has nothing to do with BR. dunno why but on loading screens the game crashes. some people are thinking its snow storms.
    Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wizards, For They Are subtle and Quick To Anger.

Armdyl ''Army'' The Loremaster - Secretly afraid of Reavers, Wargs, Blackarrows, spiders, and Defilers. Even More Terrified of eye gouge's 3 second cool-down.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertakerxx View Post
    this has been happening for quite a lot of people has nothing to do with BR. dunno why but on loading screens the game crashes. some people are thinking its snow storms.
    I don't know. I've never had it happen to me on live and I had two crashes to desktop on BR last night (once as I levelled up and another time when I entered the E and G Tavern).

Perhaps it's just a faulty update though and it would be solved by a reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by Branwyr View Post
    I don't know. I've never had it happen to me on live and I had two crashes to desktop on BR last night (once as I levelled up and another time when I entered the E and G Tavern).

It's not happening to me on live either, just on BR.

I really don't wanna have to reinstall cause it takes forever for the download to complete.

Not sure about test server but on live server this used to happen to me all the time. Then I changed the auto refresh rate in the advanced graphics from auto to manual (60 for me works well).

Quote Originally Posted by Branwyr View Post

there is about 3 or 4 fourms about it. its randomly server wide a lot of people are saying they are up north where snow storms are like where I am.
    Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wizards, For They Are subtle and Quick To Anger.

Armdyl ''Army'' The Loremaster - Secretly afraid of Reavers, Wargs, Blackarrows, spiders, and Defilers. Even More Terrified of eye gouge's 3 second cool-down.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertakerxx View Post
    there is about 3 or 4 fourms about it. its randomly server wide a lot of people are saying they are up north where snow storms are like where I am.
    Well where I am there is no snow.

this has been going on for at least 4 days at my house .I have 3 computers that has loto installed on them , everyone crashes locks ups ,in the game or even before it loads and seems to be getting worse .I can't play the game for more than a few min before connection is lost........ no other problems on the internet sites ,so I am pretty sure it is a game prob. I have tried the game all hours day and nite same results

Quote Originally Posted by donohio View Post
    this has been going on for at least 4 days at my house .I have 3 computers that has loto installed on them , everyone crashes locks ups ,in the game or even before it loads and seems to be getting worse .I can't play the game for more than a few min before connection is lost........ no other problems on the internet sites ,so I am pretty sure it is a game prob. I have tried the game all hours day and nite same results
    do you have time warner cable?

had it happen to me yesterday too, i was in bullroarer and it crashed to desktop on me too, strange.

I really don't wanna have to reinstall cause it takes forever for the download to complete.
    Crashing to the desktop is quite common; especially with the Mac Client, and has been going on since Riders of Rohan.

The problem has nothing to do with which server is being used.

Even though Turbine Support constantly tells people to re-install, I have never seen any one state that reinstalling solved or helped the problem.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

I have a perfect installation of the game as far as i can tell on both my Desktop and Laptop. DT is high end/ spec, LT is pretty low spec...

I crash completely randomly anywhere between 30 seconds into a game and 3 hours later. It happens pretty much every time I play once and then doesn't seem to happen again... This is on both live and br...

Its annoying but I can just about live with it, worst time it hit me was in the moors right in a real good fight Damn