We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Slotting Virtues and traits --- having a problem.

I just recently came back to the game and started up playing a champion. I went to slot the traits on it and found it annoying that it keeps opening the lotro store. These are just virtues and they want me to buy a book to increase it. I will earn the increase by doing slayer deeds. My questions is how do you slot these without the use of a Bard now?

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by ELAzalin View Post
    I just recently came back to the game and started up playing a champion. I went to slot the traits on it and found it annoying that it keeps opening the lotro store. These are just virtues and they want me to buy a book to increase it. I will earn the increase by doing slayer deeds. My questions is how do you slot these without the use of a Bard now?
    Hit J

It will open the new character traits/skill panel. Along the left edge, there are three icons. I think virtues are the eagle head looking icon and racial traits are the circle icon.

drag and drop

Yes its the 3rd option on the upper left. I get that.. what I'm saying is how do you get them in their slots. Everytime I go to slot one it opens up the lotro store window about me buying a book to increase it.

Thanks for the help anyways..

Quote Originally Posted by XoEnder View Post
    drag and drop
    I will give that a try.. Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by ELAzalin View Post
    I will give that a try.. Thank you for your help.
    This has been bothering me too. To clarify, when you are on the Virtue tab, Virtues that you may be actively working towards advancing show a ring symbol over their icon, and when you click on the icon in order to drag it, it helpfully opens the deed log to the right page to show you which deed you need to work on to get the next rank. It also slightly less helpfully opens the LOTRO Store to the page where you can just buy the next rank. However both of these obstruct the action of dragging and dropping the Virtue into one of your slots. There seems to be no part of the Virtue icon you can click on that doesn't also count as clicking on the ring symbol. I think it would be smoother if the ring only occupied the upper corner of the icon where it is displayed, so you could "click around it" if you do not wish to open other windows.

It is possible that only some OSes being affected, or some setting, if only a few of us are being bothered by it.

[edit] I thought I'd add this, as while it is unrelated on the surface it may be related in some under-the-hood way - I also find that when trying to use the "Add to Tracker" button in the deed log, I "click through" that button and instead switch tabs in the deed log to the area whose tab is below that button. If I am careful I can click in just the right spot on the "Add to Tracker" button that does not make this happen. But perhaps these both point to a general issue with the new patch and UI element priority, or similar.
    Last edited by Thrugghelm; Dec 06 2013 at 03:05 PM.

Drag and drop never seems to work for me, but right clicking for me seems to work all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TJH-LOTRO View Post
    Drag and drop never seems to work for me, but right clicking for me seems to work all the time.
    Prefect thank you very much!!!