We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Which Pre-HD skill Do You Wish Was Still Here?

In other words: Which Pre-HD skill did you enjoy using the most. Mine was Improved Herald's Strike. I loved healing and contributing with damage at the same time. A Dwarf with an axe, what else is there?

for my hunter it would probably be...well you already know it.for my warden, it would probably be improved javelin toss. i know they say it was replaced with something else, but i still liked it and the bleed was an awesome effect. for my champ, hes in yellow most of the time, it would probably be his bubbles and the bracing attack HoT.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000129f87/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

For me it was Burglar Misceivous Glee. I know it is in yellow line as gifted skill for choosing that spec, but I don't want to play a MM, I want tp play QK with occassional trick use, but can't even buy skill in now. What use is hybrid using tricks without the trick removal skill?

The rune keepers duelweilding! I want sword and staff like gandalf!

True Heroics ... even though it still exists by name, the new effects have nothing heroic in them. Turned from a I-win button into a minor short solo buff ...
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

I want the old aggro system back...as things are guards mash 3 buttons Fray the edge/challenge and engage....using any other skill you lose aggro with the ridiculous amounts of dps around.

At least the old way we had to work for aggro instead of using 3 force taunts, one after the other

I'd like hedge back (or, in case it is hidden somewhere in the blue, I'd like it to be off-speccable ).

being a whirlwind of blood and doom, suddenly being stopped by being disarmed by some totally un-epic orc, is a bit of a showstopper.
    Hedge allowing me to grip my weapon tight would be awesome.
    Bur probably Hedge was considered as expendable and one of the lesser used skills on a champ''s hotbar.
    I'd even give up boast for this (oh wait, when the revamp of skills was to remove rarely used skills, why is boast still there and hedge isn't?)

The skill to find a shard.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000065ba8/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Hedge. My champ wants his immunity from disarm back.

Proof Against All Ills - the old lore-master fellowship wide cure disease / wound trait. I fully expected it to be in the AM tree.
    [COLOR=#ffd700]I'm a Banana[/COLOR]

The rune-stone's ability to restore power at level cap. Just added with Rohan and taken away with HD. Not a major benefit so why take it away. Guards seem to be using more power now, so every little bit helps.

My list is increasing as I level my alts. For hunter agile rejoinder, tracking stealth mobs, and for me I miss having rain of thorns available in red and blue lines. It is not practical to dip into yellow just for this one skill. Which as much I like the hunter it reminds me that i can't play the way I want to and I have to play it the way the devs thinks is best! I want 1 more melee skill though they don't often make out of range but when they do I only have 1 melee skill with a decent CD. For that reason I miss scourging blow and swift stroke.

My RK I miss calming verse (I liked the temp run boost!). I miss how the attunement used to work now its basically a hunter's focus bar. I miss having the healing rock on all lines.
    they are all dead.. they just don't know it yet....

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyx View Post
    My list is increasing as I level my alts. For hunter agile rejoinder, tracking stealth mobs, and for me I miss having rain of thorns available in red and blue lines. It is not practical to dip into yellow just for this one skill. Which as much I like the hunter it reminds me that i can't play the way I want to and I have to play it the way the devs thinks is best! I want 1 more melee skill though they don't often make out of range but when they do I only have 1 melee skill with a decent CD. For that reason I miss scourging blow and swift stroke.

My RK I miss calming verse (I liked the temp run boost!). I miss how the attunement used to work now its basically a hunter's focus bar. I miss having the healing rock on all lines.
    /agree with all these. The healing rock especially.

For my champion: Hedge, there's nothing quite as annoying as being disarmed on a melee based character. Sure it was a situational skill but it was a hard counter to one of the most annoying disables in the game.

For my hunter: Agile Rejoinder, not really for the heal but just for the ability to do something with that damn parry response that is STILL APPEARING.

Aggression (Warden skill).
    Aethelbehrt ~ Captain of Landroval
    Haradwen ~ Warden of Landroval
    Zôraphel ~ Burglar of Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Othniel View Post
    Aggression (Warden skill).
    I would like my old Captain back. The new one just seems like a no-brain button mash of four or five skills with no control over the flow of combat.
    If I had to pick a specific skill then I too would go with the Loremaster Proof Against All Ills being able to be cast on all group members. That skill was really useful.

+1 for Hedge. I had the trait improving it perma-slotted on my champ; whenever I'd enter an orc camp I'd just shift to Glory stance and be immune to disarms. Which was kinda the point of hedge - champs have almost nothing to do when disarmed, unlike any other class. Captains and wardens can still yell at things, guardians and wardens can still bash with their shields, burglars can use (some) tricks and trick removals, captains can do vocal healing skills if there's a target to heal. Champs can ... use our taunt (why would we bother?), use second wind, if blue we could dire need or bubble. /whippitydo Most commonly we just stand there doing nothing until the disarm wears off, and hope we can end the fight before another disarm comes along (which we usually can, thankfully).

Honorable mention to glory and fervour stances. Being able to switch roles in mid-combat was a big deal.

And I'm also not a fan of the new Blood Rage being on a 1m cooldown with no morale cost; I'd much rather have the old 1s cooldown version even though it did cost morale.

I guess you could say I'm not completely thrilled with the direction champions took. At least we didn't get hosed as hard as minstrels, yay for that!

Burglar - I wish startling twist still gave a damaging gamble. Gambler's strike is not always ideal for those (transitioning from a disabling gamble when it's time to start killing a mob you've mezzed, for example).

Minstrel - being able to stack 3-4 anthems at a time (with appropriate traits and legacy). With the new limits I guess it would be hard to make much use of Free Peoples or Prowess anyway. Will also be annoyed when/if Rally is completely hidden deep in blue line (right now I still have it in red because I had it traited when HD launched and the game is bugged that way...). They let us keep Song of Distraction though, because *that's* an important skill to have!

Warden - shield mastery being locked in blue line. Another class where I really miss the old stance-dancing.

Haven't played the others yet, no doubt the list will grow with each one.

I miss rain of thorns when traited red line. It was an amazing root to have
    Attunement Agreed is like focus... kinda boring now

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy10521 View Post
    /agree with all these. The healing rock especially.
    You can throw a few points into blue and get the healing rock if traited red or yellow. I am yellow traited and have my healing rock. Also as for the power restore... RK's habe it in their quick heal.. mending verse I think.
    Welcome to Maitenance Mode
    Please Add Draigoch Scales to the Skrimish Camp or Rep Barter Vendors in Dunland We are 30 Levels Past that Content
    And when the Devs make fun of how buggy it is in Bingo that should tell you something
    Peace Love and Tacos

Probably Hedge and the real True Heroics. I also miss Ferocious Strikes, because it's buried in the red line, which I didn't invest into.

After re-traiting all classes, Agile Rejoinder for my one Hunter is my most missed. I don't even miss it for my other Hunter, but melee with dual weapons just isn't the same now.

I miss being able to look at the full range of skills and make decisions about what I would use in which situation depending on my needs. I've shelved my hunters since I can't figure out a way to play them that feels anything close to what I enjoyed about my main class.

Quote Originally Posted by Balcony View Post
    In other words: Which Pre-HD skill did you enjoy using the most. Mine was Improved Herald's Strike. I loved healing and contributing with damage at the same time. A Dwarf with an axe, what else is there?
    Sure missing Agile Rejoinder on my Hunter who is my main is now L95 max'd Woodworker.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000002491f/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Hunter's Art.

/sarcasm
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    Hunter's Art.

/sarcasm
    /salute

I needed that