We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: hobbits???

hobbits???

well, first of all i dint know where to post it , but here it goes. today for the first time i got to play HD in my new shinny laptop..i spended my trait points and headed to snach the epic...but while questing..something was odd...after 3 years with my : Male, hobbit minstrel in the middle of his cries its starts sounding like a femele cry....has this bug been noted, if so someone post link to that..i have commented it on glff and otjer minstrel are experiencing this too...anyone else have noted this male/female screaming in cries?
    Ascension-Arkenstone :
    Third Marshal Finarfintook Minstrel
    Fire Rk Finarjul r10 & Finwetook r7 burg
    Creeps: Finsnightmare r8 defiler/ Finscreep r5 rvr

I play a female Hobbit Minstrel, but I have noticed that whenever I use a cry it'll play the usual cry sound PLUS another one at a higher pitch overlapping it. Kind of weird, I figured they were just experimenting with updating the sound effects but if you're getting the same female voice on your male then it might all be a bug.
    "I am gloating so, so very much right now. Everyone called me a fool to do every deed! People pointed and laughed! And now, I have a horse with a smock! HAHAHAHAHA" - Anamatronix

Quote Originally Posted by melyjely View Post
    You probably should have waited until you could think of a more appropriate title
    Yeah, they could all just be pre-adelescent male hobbits .

Edit: Looks like the original title has been changed, and I'm guessing a new word added to the profany filter .
    Last edited by Tarlywyn; Dec 06 2013 at 12:30 PM.

Speaking of female Hobbits, I'm still in the habit of Glove-Smacking and then /BOOing random people with mine in the wake of Harvestmath. I noticed today that the /BOO sound is now accompanied by what sounds like chicken noises. Seemed like an extremely strange thing(ok, stranger than /BOOing random people in Michal Delving at least) thing for the devs to waste their precious development time on with so many other pressing things for them to work on. I'm assuming that it's a bug.

And I want the old running animation back! My little minstrel now runs like she's a Linebacker in the NFL. That was a waste of development time if I've ever seen one.

The sea is calling us home...

The same thing is with emote /howl. - It sounds twice (both version of that sound is played in same time) - this bug is here over year. Instead of fixing it, they "have" to do new animations of walking, and then make it back to old animations... Just classic - fixing what is not broken, and keep old bugs going and going...

Commander Liliam - the Warden

Quote Originally Posted by Enzdid View Post
    I play a female Hobbit Minstrel, but I have noticed that whenever I use a cry it'll play the usual cry sound PLUS another one at a higher pitch overlapping it.
    And I am wondering why my elven female minstrel suddenly gained a new pitch, more or less a full octave above her former one...

Greetings, Polymachos

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlywyn View Post

Edit: Looks like the original title has been changed, and I'm guessing a new word added to the profany filter .
    lol....i didnt even know that : that was a word.., second , that it was insulting...i just wanted to point out the effect of the bug in making voices sound sexualy ambiguous...now "thanks" to the change the title no longer points to the concern..happy atleast that the flame post got the infraction not me
    Ascension-Arkenstone :
    Third Marshal Finarfintook Minstrel
    Fire Rk Finarjul r10 & Finwetook r7 burg
    Creeps: Finsnightmare r8 defiler/ Finscreep r5 rvr

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    If you post something that's in the filter, it will be replaced with ??? (or however many ? are needed to replace all the letters). Which means whatever it was (do NOT repost it!), was filtered when the post was made, not edited by anyone after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    If you post something that's in the filter, it will be replaced with ??? (or however many ? are needed to replace all the letters). Which means whatever it was (do NOT repost it!), was filtered when the post was made, not edited by anyone after the fact.
    Except I distinctly remember seeing two words in the thread title last night. It's definitely been edited either directly or by a modification to the filters.
    [FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#0000FF]Don't worry Fredelas, we know you're the REAL best VM!![/COLOR][/FONT]

I believe when i /roar with a human male, i hear 2 or 3 different voices as well.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilatir View Post
    Except I distinctly remember seeing two words in the thread title last night. It's definitely been edited either directly or by a modification to the filters.
    When a post or thread is edited, even just the title, by anyone a flag is added to the post stating the time, date, and person who edited it. If there is an edit, any member of the community team can recall the edit and read what was originally there. If it is a question of the word being filtered, the filter applies at the instant the post is made, thus the word never shows up as anything other than filtered. Filters also aren't retro active, so if we added "pasta" to the filter only new posts that include pasta would appear as ???? and all old posts would still show pasta as it was written.

As none of these things are inevidence, there are two possible explanations.

• The OP edited the post before the 'timer' ran out. There is a small window after posting when you can edit your own post and no 'edited' note will be made. It's a matter of a few minutes.
    • You are mistaken.

There were definitely two words last night for a little while (longer than a few minutes- maybe 15-20). I noticed it because it reminded me of Arrested Development.
    [color=#48D1CC][b][i]Imladris[/i][/b][/color] - [color=#9370D8]Moravya[/color][color=#FFE4E1][i], 70 Lore-master[/i][/color]

Quote Originally Posted by MithrilMinded View Post
    lol....i didnt even know that : that was a word.., second , that it was insulting...i just wanted to point out the effect of the bug in making voices sound sexualy ambiguous...now "thanks" to the change the title no longer points to the concern..happy atleast that the flame post got the infraction not me
    I can't speak for someone in the situation, but I'd imagine it could be viewed as a derogatory term - certainly used in some dodgy settings, and is slang. Hermaphrodite and hermaphroditic are perhaps more acceptable terms. As for the sound bug, I certainly hope it gets addressed - not that it bothers my hobbit lasses greatly, but they do like hobbit males that sound like they've passed puberty .

If the word that got ???'d out was what I think it may have been,
    try 'gender' next time.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    If the word that got ???'d out was what I think it may have been,
    try 'gender' next time.
    Except it wasn't ???'d out at the time, which is why I thought it may have been removed - so it could be added to the profanity filter (probably should have been in the filter to begin with, but overlooked till someone used it).

We seem to have gotten off topic here, 2 answers about the profanity filter but nothing as to the problems with the character sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlywyn View Post

I noticed that too. ROFL!!!!!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

When I posted in this thread late last night, it definitely had a different title than it has now. And yes, the word in question could easily be construed to have negative connotations.

According to the patch notes, Turbine is going to do the right thing and change back to the original female Hobbit animations!

The sea is calling us home...

Quote Originally Posted by Dordain View Post
    When I posted in this thread late last night, it definitely had a different title than it has now. And yes, the word in question could easily be construed to have negative connotations.

According to the patch notes, Turbine is going to do the right thing and change back to the original female Hobbit animations!
    Which patch notes?
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    Which patch notes?
    12.1 Bullroarer Patch Notes: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...37#post7029637

Subject to change, etc.
    "I am gloating so, so very much right now. Everyone called me a fool to do every deed! People pointed and laughed! And now, I have a horse with a smock! HAHAHAHAHA" - Anamatronix

Quote Originally Posted by Enzdid View Post
    12.1 Bullroarer Patch Notes: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...37#post7029637

Subject to change, etc.
    Thanks for the link. Got in the habit of NOT looking at Bullroarer anymore hehe
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN