We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Kinship site import functionality

I am the leader of a kinship and manage a website.

Up until recently, we could import character data from my.lotro.com, but as we all know, this functionality has been discontinued. I am finding that this hampers my ability to manage the guild website. New members can no longer "claim" toons from the roster, because they aren't there, and will not be there.

I'm requesting Turbine reconsiders this, and sets up at least some form of limited method of importing characters from the online kin roster in-game, to kinship websites. Quite frankly, I see the ability to manage/view your characters offline as a added bonus to the game, and I am not quite sure why the option was removed.

I know there are "currently no plans", but I am kindly asking.... well.... to make plans.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on Turbine's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    I am the leader of a kinship and manage a website.

Up until recently, we could import character data from my.lotro.com, but as we all know, this functionality has been discontinued. I am finding that this hampers my ability to manage the guild website. New members can no longer "claim" toons from the roster, because they aren't there, and will not be there.

I'm requesting Turbine reconsiders this, and sets up at least some form of limited method of importing characters from the online kin roster in-game, to kinship websites. Quite frankly, I see the ability to manage/view your characters offline as a added bonus to the game, and I am not quite sure why the option was removed.

I know there are "currently no plans", but I am kindly asking.... well.... to make plans.
    The language that they used was something along the lines of 'you can have a usable forum OR you can keep using data.lotro'- consider the logic for yourself but that is how it was framed at the time. I believe it was some technical wizardry that extracting those statistics from the game was an inefficient process- it was more complex than that and they used 'code' alot, ask somebody teccy.
    I fully agree that there needs to be some kind of data for both kinship sites and more importantly for PvMP statistics. It used to be fun after a night of PvP to see how your tribe/kin stacked up in the leaderboards and who got the most renown- this especially was a good way of identifying rank farmers.
    http://s12.postimg.org/7w6e0kpnx/LOTRO_New_Sig.jpg
    Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

The problem with the old web site was a long list of issues. The cost of clearing all these issues were to high to be get management approval. The solution was to reduce the feature set to something that was doable given resource constraints.

My understanding of what Sapience wrote is fairly simple. Management allocated a small pot of dollars and resources to implement the new web site. Once those resources were used up - work would halt. The functionality you are asking is one of the many features of the old web site that did not make the cut.

As it is, it does not appear that all the approved features were completed before the resources were expended. See:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...y-Known-Issues
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...e-Known-Issues
    for more information. Sapience is going to have to get additional resources to resolve these issues before any new features are added to the list.

I am grateful for all the improvements in usability and performance that the new web site.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.