We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

"Steed of Rivendell"

I was looking through the store earlier today and saw this horse offered as a Store Exclusive. Is there a picture of this horse anywhere?

-Goldrush

does not seem to be yet, some one buy it and show us

http://www.lotrosteeds.com/

This has screenies of all the steeds and a cute little video too.

that site has not been updated in a couple years

Excellent images of the horse and warhorse versions of this steed can be found in this other thread: New Riuvendell store mount

Travel Steed

Warsteed (undyed)

Warsteed (crimson dye)

If these pictures are not satisfactory, let me know, I can get you new ones. Note that the accessory for this steed has a quiver on one side and a travel bag on the other. In addition, the lamp smokes as you run in the same way as the torch on the Steed of Bree. The horse's default name is "Lindon"; I am unsure about the pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewl_of_the_lake View Post
    That's one of the better ones I've seen, almost worth buying. Well, not really. Account wide or no sale. They would sell so many more of these if they went that route...(sigh).

Goreamir - 100 Cap | Jinwe - 88 Hnt | Celebourne - 90 Champ | Humblefoot - 75 Min | Dorfus - 74 Grd | Creonath - 55 Wdn | Stormcraban - 35 LM | Whippit - 35 Brg | Thangadir - 33 RK | Bucksexton - 24 Bng

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrawn View Post
    That's one of the better ones I've seen, almost worth buying. Well, not really. Account wide or no sale. They would sell so many more of these if they went that route...(sigh).
    There IS an account-wide version of this steed available for 2995TP. (The per-character version is the usual 1995TP.)

I think that this and the Steed of Bree are the first in a line of steeds with an account-wide version that are published several months apart. The next one might be the Steed of Thorin's Hall. (If that one turns out to be a goat with an account-wide option, all the better IMO.)

Account-wide steeds are definitely a way to part me from my TP. I hope Turbine continue down this road. I'd even welcome it if some of the older mounts like the Steed of Esgaroth or the Steed of the Citadel were turned into account-wide versions.
    German, female, migrated from CodeMasters in 2011, Premium member, slow-leveller, pure PvEer and opposed to Forced Emotes - wherever I fit into the statistic, it's not in its middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaerata View Post
    Travel Steed

Warsteed (undyed)

Warsteed (crimson dye)

If these pictures are not satisfactory, let me know, I can get you new ones. Note that the accessory for this steed has a quiver on one side and a travel bag on the other. In addition, the lamp smokes as you run in the same way as the torch on the Steed of Bree. The horse's default name is "Lindon"; I am unsure about the pony.
    The pony's default name is "Celebrant". =)
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/whefza.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Anyelir View Post
    The next one might be the Steed of Thorin's Hall. (If that one turns out to be a goat with an account-wide option, all the better IMO.)
    There are no war goats (ever?), which means: if it actually happened that there were an account wide offer of a goat mount, it could not contain any war steed cosmetics. I doubt that you would be willing to pay 2995 TP for that.

Greetings, Poymachos

Quote Originally Posted by Polymachos View Post
    There are no war goats (ever?), which means: if it actually happened that there were an account wide offer of a goat mount, it could not contain any war steed cosmetics. I doubt that you would be willing to pay 2995 TP for that.
    For a simple account-wide goat without any War-Steed cosmetics, I would be willing to pay 1995 TP, the same price I paid for the account-wide Reveller's Gilded Steed (which does not include War-Steed cosmetics either), or if they add something I'm even wagely interested in (like an account-wide additional Milestone skill) about 10€ in the Market.

As a compromise for goats containing War-Steed cosmetics, I could imagine the goat wearing tack that covers the usual slots and instead of giving cosmetics for a hypothetical (and IMO unneeded) War-Goat, it might give cosmetic pieces which could be equipped on a War-Steed and followed the design of the goat's equipment as closely as possible.
    For example, the Fleet-footed Goat http://toarda.com/t/wp-content/galle...ooted-goat.png (if it ever had War-Steed cosmetics added to it) could give your character a saddle with winglet footrests, a halter with multiple narrow leather pseudo-reins and small satchels for the gear-slot. I'm certain Turbine's mount designers could come up with a design that looked decent on both a goat and a War-Steed.
    German, female, migrated from CodeMasters in 2011, Premium member, slow-leveller, pure PvEer and opposed to Forced Emotes - wherever I fit into the statistic, it's not in its middle.

I absolutely love this mount. I got the account-wide version. I agree, the more account-wide options for things like these, the better. For people like me who have tons of alts, it's the only way to get me to buy these special mounts.

I would love to see an account-wide Steed of the Khundolar.

Oh my... I just thought of something... War Oliphants!

I went ahead and bought the account wide version. It was worth every Turbine Point. Last night I was galloping in Forochel and just looking at that horse.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I went ahead and bought the account wide version. It was worth every Turbine Point. Last night I was galloping in Forochel and just looking at that horse.
    I just got the account-wide version too. I was saving TP for future content but that horse is just too awesome to pass up. Luckily I should still be good for getting upcoming content too, so I can arrive in Gondor in style!

Bought the account wide version, as I wanted all my various characters to have this wonderful horse. And it really is the best horse I have seen in awhile, am having fun designing new outfits to wear while riding it.
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
    J.R.R. Tolkien