We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by PypeRings View Post
    You do realize that these topics have been pretty well beaten to death here right? I am quite sure the devs are well aware of the issue.
    So, this completes our timeline thusly:
    • In Beta, when people brought up these issues, they were told: "Relax! This is Beta! Things are not set in stone and everything can and will change!"
    • After the NDA was dropped, when people brougt up these issues, they were told: "Chill! It hasn't even been released yet! Things can and will change before it goes Live!"
    • After it went Live, when people brought up these issues, they were told: "Give it time! It has just been released! Things can and will eventually change with the next patch!"
    • Now it has been Live for a week and most issues haven't even received a reply from Turbine to show that they are aware, or care, or something. When people continue to bring this up so it gets their attention and get some communication going, they are told: "Enough! That dead horse has been beaten up, already!"

Sad.

SNy

Quote Originally Posted by ReadStar View Post
    Just because you're not use to the update does not mean it's 'boring' or 'dull', if you were playing the game to simply get legendary skill pages or to switch traits at a bard then THAT must have been dull, the new setup allows people to solo a bit more meaning that you can explore loads more content in middle-earth.

I personally ADORE this new update they made,
    My warden before: Advanced class, Why? you can't button mash...but you COULD gambit mash
    My warden now: Advanced class, Why? make one mistake and you're dead, make no mistakes and you're a legend!

This update worked turbine out of a corner they put them self into! give this update a a chance, criticizing this has been done is many other posts, So this is considered spam, Turbine gets the idea that some of their plays don't like it so no point in driving it in more.
    Wardens and burgs aside (i havent played them), every other class is way overpowered. My guardian can solo bells of dale and any 6-man skirmish...cant quite do skraids (yet) solo but im working on it. Stick him with 2 minstrels and you can solo a skraid, pony/attack at dawn/necro gate are ones i have done 3-man.

And yes the update worked turbine out of a corner, right into a cul-de-sac....yes the new system is good (in principle) but its made the game a /faceroll...no sorry even more of a /faceroll.

Whats the main idea behind an mmorpg? (massively MULTIPLAYER online role-playing game)....the hint is in the capitals, not to solo everything...which we have now. Nerfs are needed, the difficulty in mobs needs sorting....content needs to be harder.....as things are t6 instances/skraids are needed for a challenge. I know turbine are aiming towards casuals who solo......then why not rename the game an MSORPG (massively single-player online role-playing game) and end group play once and for all it would put us out of our misery.

that is why this game is all the way on the bottom of this list: http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ oh wait nvm it is not even there.

Quote Originally Posted by SNy-lotrolinux-EU View Post
    • In Beta, when people brought up these issues, they were told: "Relax! This is Beta! Things are not set in stone and everything can and will change!"
    • After the NDA was dropped, when people brougt up these issues, they were told: "Chill! It hasn't even been released yet! Things can and will change before it goes Live!"
    • After it went Live, when people brought up these issues, they were told: "Give it time! It has just been released! Things can and will eventually change with the next patch!"
    • Now it has been Live for a week and most issues haven't even received a reply from Turbine to show that they are aware, or care, or something. When people continue to bring this up so it gets their attention and get some communication going, they are told: "Enough! That dead horse has been beaten up, already!"

Sad.

SNy

Quote Originally Posted by pvdtheking View Post
    My guardian can solo bells of dale and any 6-man skirmish...cant quite do skraids (yet) solo but im working on it. Stick him with 2 minstrels and you can solo a skraid, pony/attack at dawn/necro gate are ones i have done 3-man.
    If you have two minstrels with you, you're not soloing though. Minstrels are people too!
    ;) [COLOR="#9999ff"]“There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by pvdtheking View Post
    Wardens and burgs aside (i havent played them), every other class is way overpowered. My guardian can solo bells of dale and any 6-man skirmish...cant quite do skraids (yet) solo but im working on it. Stick him with 2 minstrels and you can solo a skraid, pony/attack at dawn/necro gate are ones i have done 3-man.
    You should be able to solo Necro skraid now; it is by far the easiest one and I did it before HD with my Champ, but I could not with my Guardian.
    When there is a NPC to save, just 1 healer is sufficient.

I recorded Battle in the Tower skraid Duo Ministrel/Champion
    It was so easy that the "Exalted Combatant" effect (Blue tree of Champion) has never been triggered : this simply means that I could not be killed.
    Nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by SNy-lotrolinux-EU View Post

Sad.

SNy
    The issue's not about whether Turbine care or not. That's an argument that can never be quantified. What I'm more concerned about is whether Turbine have the capability to discern this very significant problem from all the noise on this forum and then the nous to go away and put in place an effective solution.

I'm passionate about this game, it's been my main MMO since I signed up in May 07. But right now I am very concerned that Turbine even get that there is an issue.

To put it more simply - what is the point of the times and investment devising a new class strategy the intent of which was to reintroduce the holy trinity, to get ride of scope creep and give classes a focussed role, when the outcome is that those roles are made irrelevant and most content can be whizzed through regardless of the class or spec?

The usual crowd here need to get rid of their blinkers and realise that this is not whining, whinging or haters hating on the game. There's a problem. Acknowledge it.
    Because SOA was damn site better than what we have in today's LOTRO.
    (This signature space could be yours on short term leases. Contact me for details and rates!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Elannah View Post
    We are but riders on the bus. We will have to see where it takes us.

Imagine when Rosa Parks was just a rider in the bus..... If you don't take action, nothing will change....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_Parks
    Wow, did you just compare the plight of African-Americans during the era of Jim Crow laws and their subsequent struggle for social equality to annoyances with changes to a video game? The forums will always surprise lol
    Last edited by Steppenwulf; Dec 07 2013 at 08:35 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2