We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Noobish to crafting questions about star-light crystals

So I am going to go all out and craft a weapon, and what the heck I might as well buy some of those star-light crystals X3 and buff it up! So...I don't want to mess this up, because I am one of those people who like to learn by discovering, and people like us make every mistake possible before we are satisfied. With this, I can't afford to throw around 1,000 turbopoints like I'm Lord Sauron or something. So, how should i go about doing this? Should I get my weapon to maximum level and then apply them? Or doesn't it even matter if I apply them right away? What exactly do they do?

It doesn't matter when you use the star-lit crystals, though personally I tend to wait until a weapon is fully developed before putting any upgrades on it (so I'm sure I'm not going to trash it due to bad legacies or whatever).
    Each crystal gives you a small increase in DPS and other stat/legacy ratings on a LI. Note that any value that is a percentage, cooldown or pulse count (so most legacies actually) is NOT a rating and not affected by crystal upgrades, and the increases are really small (like +1 in dps or +4 crit rating, barely noticable). Personally I'd never spend TP for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    It doesn't matter when you use the star-lit crystals, though personally I tend to wait until a weapon is fully developed before putting any upgrades on it (so I'm sure I'm not going to trash it due to bad legacies or whatever).
    Each crystal gives you a small increase in DPS and other stat/legacy ratings on a LI. Note that any value that is a percentage, cooldown or pulse count (so most legacies actually) is NOT a rating and not affected by crystal upgrades, and the increases are really small (like +1 in dps or +4 crit rating, barely noticable). Personally I'd never spend TP for them.
    I'm crafting a 1st age weapon so it's mine for better or worse. The DPS increase is easy to understand, and a combined +3 DPS is (to me) a big enough deal to pursue them but maybe I will take your advice and just grind for them or spend imaginary gold at the AH, instead of TP.

Let me ask you some more questions if I may?

1. if I have 3 stat minor legacies installed: Agility, vitality, and fate all tier 4. Do the star-lit crystals raise each of their tiers when applied?

2. If so, what is the maximum? I do not know legacies can be raised above tier 6.

3. Do they increase the additional damage from legacies such as orc slayer? For example, if I have one equipped that does an additional +6 dps to orcs, will a Riddermark Star-lit crystal raise that damage +1 in addition to the base damage of the bow?

4. If I did spend TP, how will I know they will send me the right one? IN the store it says they will send "Star-lit", but level 85 weapons require Riddermark Star-lit crystals!

5. Can I find them in any skirmish? What is the minimum level, with maximum tier difficulty, that I can select and get a RSLC?

Quote Originally Posted by Hothoen View Post
    1. if I have 3 stat minor legacies installed: Agility, vitality, and fate all tier 4. Do the star-lit crystals raise each of their tiers when applied?

2. If so, what is the maximum? I do not know legacies can be raised above tier 6.
    The star-lits will increase the base value of the stat, not the tier. Technically the initial rank is increased, but that isn't displayed (in RoR you could see it when inspecting others, not sure if that's still the case).

3. Do they increase the additional damage from legacies such as orc slayer? For example, if I have one equipped that does an additional +6 dps to orcs, will a Riddermark Star-lit crystal raise that damage +1 in addition to the base damage of the bow?
    No, titles are not affected by crystals. Note the +1 dps was merely an example, the actual value will be the difference between the rank 1 and rank 2 value for the first crystal and so on.

4. If I did spend TP, how will I know they will send me the right one? IN the store it says they will send "Star-lit", but level 85 weapons require Riddermark Star-lit crystals!
    LI stuff from store (including preorder benefits) has no level restrictions. In RoR you could also very rarely get those in-game, not sure if that's still possible in HD.

5. Can I find them in any skirmish? What is the minimum level, with maximum tier difficulty, that I can select and get a RSLC?
    In theory any skirm setting can drop a star-lit crystal of the corresponding level, so level 65-74 for a small star-lit, 75-84 for a normal star-lit, 85-94 for a riddermark star-lit and 95+ for a eorlingas star-lit. Higher tiers and larger group-sizes are supposed to increase the dropchance. Though the base droprate is very low, so expect to run a lot of skirms if you want to obtain 3 crystals. If you're lucky you might be able to get some cheap riddermark crystals on AH while people are still trying to sell their outdated stockpiles, though by now I guess most of those have already sold or given up.

The star-lits will increase the base value of the stat, not the tier. Technically the initial rank is increased, but that isn't displayed (in RoR you could see it when inspecting others, not sure if that's still the case).

No, titles are not affected by crystals. Note the +1 dps was merely an example, the actual value will be the difference between the rank 1 and rank 2 value for the first crystal and so on.

LI stuff from store (including preorder benefits) has no level restrictions. In RoR you could also very rarely get those in-game, not sure if that's still possible in HD.

In theory any skirm setting can drop a star-lit crystal of the corresponding level, so level 65-74 for a small star-lit, 75-84 for a normal star-lit, 85-94 for a riddermark star-lit and 95+ for a eorlingas star-lit. Higher tiers and larger group-sizes are supposed to increase the dropchance. Though the base droprate is very low, so expect to run a lot of skirms if you want to obtain 3 crystals. If you're lucky you might be able to get some cheap riddermark crystals on AH while people are still trying to sell their outdated stockpiles, though by now I guess most of those have already sold or given up.
    I seen one in AH for around 80gp, that's nothing compared to shoveling out TP that I could spend later on game content.

Just to clarify, aren't Riddermark SLCs found in 76-85 skirms and instances?

I found this on lotro wiki:

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...ar-lit_Crystal

"Item:Riddermark Star-lit Crystal
    Riddermark Star-lit Crystal
    Consumed On Use

Maximum Target Level 85

"The star light captured by this crystal bathes your Legendary Item increasing its power."

Worth: 5

Stacks to 5
    Drop Information

This item has a small chance to drop from Lieutenants and bosses in level 76-85 skirmishes and instances. The drop rate is higher for larger group size and higher tier content.
    Item Information

Up to 3 crystals can be applied to a legendary item of level 85 or lower. Each crystal raises the base rank of DPS and magnitude (not percentage or time) legacies on that legendary item by 1."

I do not want to level up, when my bow is finished I plan on cleaning up a lot of loose ends in Eridor like deeds and old instances. So, in theory I'd like to run some upper tier solo instances at level 76 and hope I get some Riddermarks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hothoen View Post
    Just to clarify, aren't Riddermark SLCs found in 76-85 skirms and instances?
    Maybe, I've rarely run skirms between level caps so quite possible I got the wrong side of the levelrange.

Maybe, I've rarely run skirms between level caps so quite possible I got the wrong side of the levelrange.
    Either way you have been most helpful, thanks for the advice! No to play some Baldur's Gate while I listen to the new Hobbit movie soundtrack!