We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

When do you think the update with the conclusion of Allies of the King will happen?

I assume it won't be the next VIP free region and it will be just a Epic Story update like Echos of the Dead or Armies of Isengard. Which neither included a free region and the story was set in a old region. In which this case, the conclusion of Allies of the King and the Two Towers book will be set in Isengard and West Rohan. With us and Aragorn and Co going to Isengard and seeing the aftermath of the ent's march on Isengard and having Merry and Pippin join us. Maybe we will have a session play as a random ent or Treebeard's attack on Isengard. Also we might have the next chapter going into Return of the King with probably following Pippin and Gandalf to Gondor or Aragorn into Paths of the Dead.

I'd say the next region update will probably be Anorien or a mountain pass over the White Mountains and into Gondor, since we can't go through the Paths of the Dead lore wise with Aragorn.

Personally think the next free zone (for VIP) and epic will be to travel to is engaged and see the conformation between Gandolf and Saruman. I also think the current epic will I not end until the point where Aragorn heads to the Paths of the dead.

Anyway that is my wag.

Always fun to discuss and I am sure MoL will try to surprise us once more. Hehe
    I wonder what IS behind that waterfall?
    The Player Council knows!

I like speculation threads like this, if nothing else to see how wrong my guesses usually are

I think OP is probably right that we'll get another epic book first before a new area which will probably wrap up the storyline of Rohan vs Isengard, would love to have some session plays with Merry/Pippin and the ents during the destruction of Isengard.

As to next area yes I expect Anorien as it's the next logical step towards Gondor and Mordor - meet the woses maybe? maybe light some beacons? witness the mustering of the riders?

But you never know, the devs might surprise us with something completely different, maybe the up-coming 12.1 update will offer more clues.

Regarding the conclusion taking place in West Rohan and Isengard. I sure hope Turbine makes a way for the Gap to connect to West Rohan, forming two passage ways between Rhovanion and Eradior, one through the Gap of
    Rohan and the other through Moria. They should've done this from the very start anyway with West Rohan.

Yeah, that would be a good use for phasing or story bound traveling.

Only who completed the according story lines can travel in that area, the others get killed (like it was in Lothlorien and Angmar). Travel routes become avaiable only after the storyline has been played.

But what will happen? *SPOILER* I think Aragorn will get married

**** SPOILER ALERT **** SPOILER ALERT **** SPOILER ALERT ****

Ok, now that that is out of the way.

I will definitely go with door number 1 along with the OP, though I believe it will be the mid-year update. The end of Allies of the King will occur in Isengard with the disgrace and casting of Saruman for two reasons:

1. When you complete the final chapter of Volume III, Book 13, Gandalf tells you the following:

*** SPOILER ALERT *** SPOILER ALERT ***

We will nurse our wounds, tend to our fallen, and see what must be done in the Deep and in the ravaged fields of Rohan. I will call for you when the time has come to set our sights upon Isengard, and Saruman.

*** END SPOILER ALERT ***

Thus, he already states where we are heading next in the epic line.

2. If you look on your deed tab under epic after you complete the line in HD there is, as usual, another incomplete "deed." Ah, but this time instead of being titled "The Story Continues" it is "The Story Concludes" in a Future Update.
    Last edited by Tarmuar; Dec 05 2013 at 06:19 AM.
    [B]Crafting - Explorer - Tailor/Forestor/Prospector - 9s Across the Board[/B]

Well, the title of the volume is "Allies of the King". We've seen the Grey Company, the Rohirrim, the Ents, various elves and dwarves, some friendly (or at least not-hostile) Dunlendings, and even a few supernatural powers (the Huntsman, Munfaeril, etc.), but there's one important set of allies that hasn't been secured yet.

I have to think that Allies of the King won't end until Aragorn summons the Oathbreakers at the Black Stone of Erech. We will probably only see this in a session-play, but it's got to be there. Only then will the King and his allies be ready to move on to Gondor and Mordor.

I don't think it happens in Isengard. Sauran doesn't even know that Aragorn exists then. He reveals himself in the Palantir shortly afterward. I think it keeps going until the very end. When they march towards the Black Gate. That is when he acts as the true leader and the people from Gondor/Rohan follow him to battle. Before then what does he do? Kind of shows up to the battle in progress at Minas Tirith.

The next zone I believe will be Fangorn proper. We've kind of just beat around the edges so far. I believe there is more of Fangorn to discover in Wildermore area in addition to a new zone.

I agree with those that have suggested that Vol. III ends at the Dimholt Gate, though one or more session plays involving the Paths of the Dead are a possibility. I have this vague recollection that a dev has stated that our characters will *not* be part of that trek. (This makes sense, since it is known that the only people that did so were Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and 30 members of the Grey Company...and that let's us out.)

It will be interesting to see how the "post-Ent" Isengard is handled. Could be a phased overlay (which would tend to keep level 95+ characters out of the earlier version of that area), or it could be session plays.

Further, I think there will be a Vol. IV which will cover all the activities in around and past Minas Tirith to the Battle at the Black Gate. There could be either post-climax parts of Vol. IV for things like the Scouring of the Shire, Aragorn and Eowyn's wedding, Aragorn being crowned at so on, or that could be a Vol. V. Turbine will have a somewhat freer hand with story lines once we hit the Fourth Age, as there isn't a great deal of material and it's all in the Appendices.

With us and Aragorn and Co going to Isengard and seeing the aftermath of the ent's march on Isengard and having Merry and Pippin join us. Maybe we will have a session play as a random ent or Treebeard's attack on Isengard. Also we might have the next chapter going into Return of the King with probably following Pippin and Gandalf to Gondor or Aragorn into Paths of the Dead.
    Based on how dull most of the session plays are, I'm assuming any session play there would be of either Merry or Pippin sitting on the shoulders of an Ent, or Sauraman just standing at a window watching. Heh.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/drschplatt/sig-lotro95.jpg[/IMG]
    [URL="http://www.osf.guildlaunch.com"]The Order of The Silver Flame[/URL] - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    (This makes sense, since it is known that the only people that did so were Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and 30 members of the Grey Company)
    Plus Elladan and Elrohir. All in all 3 elves, 1 dwarf and 31 men.
    Déorwyn, Rank 12 Captain
    Lotro-Wiki: Tharondir

I expect the content prior to the next expansion will cover the fall of Isengard and explore some more of Fangorn (Updates 13/14). I think V3 will conclude in Update 14 with us leaving Aragorn at the Paths of the Dead and then going on a detour (ala siege of Mirkwood) before finally making our way in to Gondor. I have no idea where the next expansion (Update 15) will take us.

Maybe Turbine will reveal some of their plans before Christmas or early 2014.

I'm pretty sure we'll see the Battle of Dale before we can get to the Black Gate with Aragorn and his merry men. Anòrien is an option. Heading further north in Mirkwood or Gladden Fields to reach Erebor and Thranduil's realm eventually will no doubt be on the cards as well. If the game lasts that long. It will probably be before Mordor, though.