- As a 95 you can't do the Lower warbands (under 90)...they do not come up as a daily rather a one-time thing. Why?
- The RNG hates me with a passion ~0/3500 nodes. I ain't got time for this I need ~25 shards to get my 2 toons geared.
- On my scholar, looking for nodes is taking me to rat infested neighborhoods and the induction time farming the nodes (after fighting off 3 or 4 mobs) takes 3 times as long to gather then on my prospector. You can't take 2 steps without bumping into ore or wood and yes I get that they feed more professions but the ultimate goal is a shard and that should be a fair and equal chance for ALL professions.
- Why on (Middle) Earth would a release of a game this buggy and ill formatted even be allowed to happen? There should be a games council in which a game has to pass certain playable criteria before it is released. Seriously, if you went to the store and bought any game for the same amount of money and it was this broken there would be an outcry. I see and understand why my friends are upset. This in turn upsets me.
- I hate the My First Computer, Fisher-Price graphics in the battles. It stands to reason that even people who play Farmville would understand a better multiply interactive GUI. With these Big Battle's we need to be on the floor, and that's the innovation - but for the love of "The Halls of Waiting" make a more layered interface so we can access all of the interactives, check status and issue simultaneous instructions. No reason why the timer can't be ticking on repairing a banner WHILE the ladder is being tossed off the wall. This is a cross between a tower defense game and a skirm. Give us the TD interface!! Also a better map overlay..that mini map...you can't see the objectives 1/2 the time. Ideally, a toggle to place useable items on a inset overlay full area game play map which notes the side objectives.
- The thing that I feel is the most egregious (really, really bad form) is there is NO Set up area except for HD solo/duo. We need a holding area like we have always had to gather people, buff and instruct in assignments.
- Why does my LM have 54K TM and a 24% crit UNBUFFED this close to release? What are the new stats or are there? If I take into account the diminishing returns she is a full 20K over what she needs to be in TM. This is like pouring a full glass of milk and letting an additional amount spill on the counter "just because".
The goals have been stripped. There is no challenge. I don't need better gear with the current content, it's fluff for already overpowered toons. I don't need to be frustrated or annoyed either. Considering the hallmark of the game is the Epic Story and even that is poorly implemented, illogically constructed and broken when you add that to my rant you may get a sense of how many of the people I play with feel. Where is the pride in developing? No wonder people feel like they have been "taken".
I am not going to stop playing, I have people I have known for years here. I am not enjoying my time as I have before, or was potentially expecting to, meaning I will play less. If I am playing less others will be playing less, so when I log on it will go from seeing them daily to several times a week to almost nil - where we send a "Hi how are ya" in the ingame mail. At which point why bother to keep my VIP Status. That's a sad statement.
We have all asked many questions and voiced many concerns and been given vague, conjectured and unsubstantiated replies "soon" or "that's a possibility". The trust factor has been damaged. Hell, Draigoch still bugs. What makes us believe that the timing issues in the Battles will be sorted? So we play a broken game. We grumble. We threaten and complain. Mostly, we HOPE that the devs will get this sorted expediently.
On a final note: I feel this is the expansion that should not have happened until it was at least 90% finished.
The Graphics were done. (1 point)
The story arc and quest chains are shady, forced and broken. Why GIVE us a quest if we aren't able to do it. The epic quests should have been triggered only when particular quests were completed. (-2 points)
The big battles are not logically thought through or working correctly. (-5 points)
The game play and character "feel" is not correct for most of us however this is to be expected with a change and tweaks are to be expected as we go. (-1 points)
*There is no real instruction and no set up for the battles. (-10 points)
Emerald shards, the RNG, warbands and farming on a scholar. (-1000 points for cruelty and evil on the part of the game makers)
*For instance A Big Battle Book posted on the web that states the objectives and the merit involved would be awesome. Something like:
In this side quest you need to go to the stables located under the the bridge and the main objective will consist of Saving the Horses. If you release a horse you will get -X points. If a soldier/commander falls you get -X points. If a horse is killed you get -X points. To get a platinum reward you must complete the mission with no deaths and all the horses alive.