We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads

12.1 to be released prior to Yule Festival.

Just thought those who were wondering would like to know.

From the Yule Festival thread,:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...51#post7026051
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    And now I have news.

The Yule Festival will start on December 18th. The last day of the Festival will be January 14th.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...59#post7026059
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Our current plan is for it to be before the festival. Some of the updates impact the festival. But I wouldn't say it's going to be much before the festival. We don't need downtime to start or stop most festivals.

I can say that 12.1 is going to be quite large. A lot of things being addressed.
    So probably a couple of days before, and it seems to be a biggie. Lets hope a lot of things people have complaints about will be addressed.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Thanks for the info - I hadn't come across those notices.
    The Balrog lives!! Oh, and give MECCG a try.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000002be0/01008/signature.png]Eladrath[/charsig]

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Figured not everyone cared about the Yule Festival, so may not have gone into that thread.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Does this mean my bobcat wont be able to wipe out a squad of orcs by passing gas?

Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    Does this mean my bobcat wont be able to wipe out a squad of orcs by passing gas?
    May depend on the type of gas you are using?

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000002be0/01008/signature.png]Eladrath[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    Figured not everyone cared about the Yule Festival, so may not have gone into that thread.
    Oh, I care - my mind just hasn't caught up to the fact that it is only 3 weeks to Xmas

Been feeding that poor cat Morgul Burritos? I believe orcs are susceptible to fire.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

When is the next patch scheduled?

So there are quite a few urgent/important issues open. Any ETA?

From top of my head:
    - Make the disabled BB quests available (since its the core feature of HD ^^)
    - Fix Brigands in the wild completly + Make the last quest instance available + uruk camp without uruks
    - Ettens 95 armour + balancing
    - LM losing will & morale on horsing up
    - many more i cant remember now, but i guess there are bug reports ...

Would be nice to communicate dates/timeframes
    Last edited by andrane; Dec 04 2013 at 08:49 AM.

Sapience said in another thread that update 12.1 is scheduled for december 18th. I don't know if there will be some kind of hotfix between now and then.
    [center][URL=http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/Glohir/media/99b92620-47a6-43d6-8b52-1ff43a173a35_zpsz90debot.png.html][IMG]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r524/Glohir/99b92620-47a6-43d6-8b52-1ff43a173a35_zpsz90debot.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Glohir View Post
    Sapience said in another thread that update 12.1 is scheduled for december 18th. I don't know if there will be some kind of hotfix between now and then.
    not likely then, but at least a date

Actually it's likely to be before the 18th: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...59#post7026059

Quote Originally Posted by StrideColossus View Post
    Actually it's likely to be before the 18th: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...59#post7026059

aww thats good news. "quite large" and "lots of things addressed" sounds promising

Quote Originally Posted by andrane View Post
    aww thats good news. "quite large" and "lots of things addressed" sounds promising
    Yeah hopefully it should be good.

Personally, overall I've enjoyed the HD storyline and class changes but there are a few things I'd like to see in this update (aside from obvious bugs):
    - unlock more BB
    - scale down the insane DPS all classes seem to now put out
    - maps for all BB (especially - for the love of the Valar! - for Glittering Caves)
    - Floyd and Dewitt in western Rohan
    - something to fit in between building up the HD battle and the aftermath - at the moment it just sort of happens without so much as a cut-scene (sure I've seen somewhere one of the devs saying something was in the pipeline)
    - dare I say it, maybe even some dailies for those that want to grind coins for cosmetics and gear

We shall see...

Odds are it will be the Monday the 16th.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

You need to learn the spell 'Expulso Fartrotum'.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000134df0/signature.png]Kryhavoc[/charsig]

Yeah hopefully it should be good.

Personally, overall I've enjoyed the HD storyline and class changes but there are a few things I'd like to see in this update (aside from obvious bugs):
    - unlock more BB
    - scale down the insane DPS all classes seem to now put out
    - maps for all BB (especially - for the love of the Valar! - for Glittering Caves)
    - Floyd and Dewitt in western Rohan
    - something to fit in between building up the HD battle and the aftermath - at the moment it just sort of happens without so much as a cut-scene (sure I've seen somewhere one of the devs saying something was in the pipeline)
    - dare I say it, maybe even some dailies for those that want to grind coins for cosmetics and gear

We shall see...
    As in interviews they stated they wanted us to feel epic I doubt they will scale us down. The DPS is scaled properly for most DPS classes from 85 to 95. The problem is not with what they have done to us, it is that they have never and probably never will scale landscape and instances properly with us. They want this game to be SOLO and small group friendly as that is the direction most MMOs seem to be taking. If you want less DPS you can accomplish that without them doing anything btw, just don't equip all of your gear. Maps for BB seem like an easymode thing which confuses me with your complaint about current DPS numbers. I never use maps in instances..you just have to do them a few times and learn the lay of the land. What they really need to work on is the insanely poor performance that the new zone has for many people..including people with top of the line systems, fix this insane server lag that is causing issues for people in all instances new and old, add an instance cluster (which they said they won't do), Decrease the drop rate of all items and reward points in BB, Decrease max mits for all armour classes 25% for light, 35% for medium and 45% for heavy would solve a lot of problems with the mobs dmg range, increase the mits on all instanced mobs especially bosses and on T2; many of these things should have been done when the started scaling instances in the first place. I won't hold my breath on them fixing anything in the moors or elsewhere as that something that past actions of Turbine has taught me not to expect.

I never hurt no Creeps.

scale down the insane DPS all classes seem to now put out
    No... don't scale us down. Scale everything else up instead! Give all instance mobs twice as much morale, higher mits and boost their damage outputs a little, especially bosses. Way more fun.
    "This is most unexpected, though perhaps not quite as surprising as it might have been."

Quote Originally Posted by Rubriel View Post
    No... don't scale us down. Scale everything else up instead! Give all instance mobs twice as much morale, higher mits and boost their damage outputs a little, especially bosses. Way more fun.
    Whats the difference from making players weaker or mobs stronger? The end result it the same.
    [center][img]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii317/saiyaniam/abdlotro.png[/img][/center]

[center]AshBrockDawn | Rockmor | Moriak | Thamor | Ranak
    Server: Eldar [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    I quit caring about the Yule Festival (used to love it) when they made me do 120 quests before the festival ended to get the yule trappings for the war steed - no carry over credit to the next year. I did it on one character and got so sick of it I haven't been to a festival since.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Don't try and use logic.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmor View Post
    Whats the difference from making players weaker or mobs stronger? The end result it the same.
    Not really - if they make us weaker then we are weaker against everything. With mobs they can scale different ones by the appropriate amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by trcanberra View Post
    Not really - if they make us weaker then we are weaker against everything. With mobs they can scale different ones by the appropriate amounts.
    That goes without saying, but they've already set the mobs scale already. They wouldn't do every one again. It would be an all encompassing scale or descale. So really no difference.
    [center][img]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii317/saiyaniam/abdlotro.png[/img][/center]

[center]AshBrockDawn | Rockmor | Moriak | Thamor | Ranak
    Server: Eldar [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Pivik View Post
    As in interviews they stated they wanted us to feel epic I doubt they will scale us down. The DPS is scaled properly for most DPS classes from 85 to 95. The problem is not with what they have done to us, it is that they have never and probably never will scale landscape and instances properly with us. They want this game to be SOLO and small group friendly as that is the direction most MMOs seem to be taking. If you want less DPS you can accomplish that without them doing anything btw, just don't equip all of your gear. Maps for BB seem like an easymode thing which confuses me with your complaint about current DPS numbers. I never use maps in instances..you just have to do them a few times and learn the lay of the land. What they really need to work on is the insanely poor performance that the new zone has for many people..including people with top of the line systems, fix this insane server lag that is causing issues for people in all instances new and old, add an instance cluster (which they said they won't do), Decrease the drop rate of all items and reward points in BB, Decrease max mits for all armour classes 25% for light, 35% for medium and 45% for heavy would solve a lot of problems with the mobs dmg range, increase the mits on all instanced mobs especially bosses and on T2; many of these things should have been done when the started scaling instances in the first place. I won't hold my breath on them fixing anything in the moors or elsewhere as that something that past actions of Turbine has taught me not to expect.
    I'm afraid not equiping the best gear makes no difference for lower level characters.

My lvl 11 Hunter yellow line trapper (using XP disabler to stay low level) is equipped with only, quest reward armour and is using a lvl 7 self crafted (uncritted) bow. She is killing everything 'red labelled' 5/6 levels above her BEFORE they even reach the traps!

My level 47 Lore Master is still using the gear she had when she was level 20 and is still slaughtering 'yellow' mobs as if they were 'gray' mobs. Even playing without summoning her pet 'yellow/orange' mobs are no challenge!

The DPS is so OP that lower level questing is not worth playing. I don't feel epic, I feel like a big bully in a playground full of small kids who can't hurt me. Turbine NEEDS to scale back DPS!!!
    Last edited by Wof; Dec 05 2013 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmor View Post
    It's about the feeling.

Right now I feel truly Epic. I wade in the blood of my enemies. I am become Death, Destroyer of Worlds. I shing shing and populations die.

That's cool.

But now they let me fight weaklings who don't know how to inflict damage.

That's not so cool.

I agree it could be resolved by nerfing me and it would lead to the same level of challenge. But they've given me Divine Powers and turned me into Harbringer of Oblivion, Whirlwind of Death, Eye of Middle-Earth's Superstorm, F9 Tornado, 14 Richter quake.

Pandora's box has been opened. It will not close lightly. Avoid closing Pandora's Box by putting the lid back on, bring the ceiling down on it instead. The Sky Must Fall!

Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    I'm afraid not equiping the best gear makes no difference for lower level characters.

My lvl 11 Hunter yellow line trapper (using XP disabler to stay low level) is equipped with only, quest reward armour and is using a lvl 7 self crafted (uncritted) bow. She is killing everything 'red labelled' 5/6 levels above her BEFORE they even reach the traps!

My level 47 Lore Master is still using the gear she had when she was level 20 and is still slaughtering 'yellow' mobs as if they were 'gray' mobs. Even playing without summoning her pet 'yellow/orange' mobs are no challenge!

The DPS is so OP that lower level questing is not worth playing. I don't feel epic, I feel like a big bully in a playground full of small kids who can't hurt me. Turbine NEEDS to scale back DPS!!!
    I think Turbine wants people to breeze through lower level content so they start paying for expansions earlier. In upper levels and with instances you will have more choice in how "epic" you want to be and won't survive so easily in quest-reward and uncrit'ed crafted gear. Just make sure if you are trying to get in a group that you let people examine you and to explain how you don't want to be overpowered...

I'm not sure why *some* people think that it's necessary to keep things as difficult as they once were or why this type of change in particular irks people so much. "Back in the good old days" when you had to group up for more content, more players at the lower level were available to group up with. Hardly a day goes by where I don't see people struggling to create groups for below-cap content in GLFF and otherwise... And the reason they are looking for groups is NOT because they are overpowered or the content is too easy. The better rewards for larger instance groups are only part of the reason -- just a couple days ago I was helping someone with an on-level non-instanced Angmar quest because he couldn't finish it without help and he was a DPS class!

I agree that some tweaks need to be made (like with your 47 LM in 20 gear which I'd like to see frap'ed with a view of your gear, traits, and stats...), but from what I've seen a sweeping generalized nerf over all classes and levels is not the remedy most people *in the game (as opposed to complaining on the forums)* are asking for or want.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast