We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35

Thread: Winter festival

  1. #1

    Winter festival

    Hi, will there be lotro winter festival like last year?

  2. #2
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Yes there will be! I should have a date for you later this week.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Yes there will be! I should have a date for you later this week.
    Hello

    What about the deed from last year that had rewards gated behind it? I think it was called The More the Merrier and had three tiers. Will our deeds get reset so we can't get the rewards on all our characters if we have many?

    I finished the deed on a few characters last year and I was hoping to take care of a few more this year, and the rest the years after this, but if we have to redo it on the characters who already got the deed finished last year so they can get the new rewards, then it'll be impossible since I made a lot more characters since then
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    Hello

    What about the deed from last year that had rewards gated behind it? I think it was called The More the Merrier and had three tiers. Will our deeds get reset so we can't get the rewards on all our characters if we have many?

    I finished the deed on a few characters last year and I was hoping to take care of a few more this year, and the rest the years after this, but if we have to redo it on the characters who already got the deed finished last year so they can get the new rewards, then it'll be impossible since I made a lot more characters since then
    I really hope they get rid of this ridiculous gated deed thing or make the winter festival much longer then they did last year.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,734
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    I really hope they get rid of this ridiculous gated deed thing or make the winter festival much longer then they did last year.
    I don't mind the gating as long as it never resets That way we won't have to redo it on all our characters every year just to get any new stuff that might be added behind the gated deed
    It doesn't matter if the festival is longer, it will still be a huge huge grind to get everything on all your characters and having to do the same every year. The Yule Festival isn't like the others where you can just buy the stuff with tokens, so please Turbine, don't reset the deeds or never add any new things behind that gating. I love festival stuff but after last Yule Festival I got so burned out that I didn't log in for a couple of months or so, and I usually play every day.
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    I don't mind the gating as long as it never resets That way we won't have to redo it on all our characters every year just to get any new stuff that might be added behind the gated deed
    It doesn't matter if the festival is longer, it will still be a huge huge grind to get everything on all your characters and having to do the same every year. The Yule Festival isn't like the others where you can just buy the stuff with tokens, so please Turbine, don't reset the deeds or never add any new things behind that gating. I love festival stuff but after last Yule Festival I got so burned out that I didn't log in for a couple of months or so, and I usually play every day.
    By having it longer, people have more time to get the deeds done. Last year we only had 2 weeks. Then given it's over holiday time, makes it difficult for many to do the festival. So yeah it does matter.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,734
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    By having it longer, people have more time to get the deeds done. Last year we only had 2 weeks. Then given it's over holiday time, makes it difficult for many to do the festival. So yeah it does matter.
    Not for me I have so many characters now, and even though I didn't have a lot last year I had to spend the whole day every day questing until bedtime to be able to finish their deeds. I mean, the days still won't get more hours than the 24 that they have now and since the quests are daily quests, you'd have to double the amount of festival time to be able to finish a bunch of characters and then start on some more. Because the hours of the day won't be enough to grind the deeds on all characters simultaneously if you have many. And to have to do it all again every year, well, that's no fun at all

    Festivals are something I spend a lot of time at, they're one of my favourite things to do in LOTRO, but I really hope we will only have to finish that deed once per character, or that no new rewards will be gated behind it.
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Yes there will be! I should have a date for you later this week.
    Drat. Has the repetitive auto-bestowed festival invite bug been fixed yet?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Tyrol, sadly in Italy
    Posts
    4,242
    Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    Drat. Has the repetitive auto-bestowed festival invite bug been fixed yet?
    They already changed the auto-bestowed quests for the treasure hunt and for West-Rohan, so there is reason to hope.

    previously:
    original version:accept quest, turn in => you get ported to the area
    actual version: accept quest, turn in => you have a map in your inventory. If you use it or not is up to you.


    So you only have to accept/turn in the quest once, then you can destroy the map if you want to.

  10. #10
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    And now I have news.

    The Yule Festival will start on December 18th. The last day of the Festival will be January 14th.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    And now I have news.

    The Yule Festival will start on December 18th. The last day of the Festival will be January 14th.
    Semi-related...

    Can we expect 12.1 at the same time, or do the servers even have to go down to start festivals? I can't remember right off hand for previous ones, but would make sense to do both at the same downtime time instead of a few days apart.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

  12. #12
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    Semi-related...

    Can we expect 12.1 at the same time, or do the servers even have to go down to start festivals? I can't remember right off hand for previous ones, but would make sense to do both at the same downtime time instead of a few days apart.
    Our current plan is for it to be before the festival. Some of the updates impact the festival. But I wouldn't say it's going to be much before the festival. We don't need downtime to start or stop most festivals.

    I can say that 12.1 is going to be quite large. A lot of things being addressed.
    Last edited by Sapience; Dec 03 2013 at 03:20 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Our current plan is for it to be before the festival. Some of them updates impact the festival. But I wouldn't say it's going to be much before the festival. We don't need downtime to start or stop most festivals.

    I can say that 12.1 is going to be quite large. A lot of things being addressed.
    Cool, thanks for the quick reply. Looking forward to both!
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Our current plan is for it to be before the festival. Some of them updates impact the festival. But I wouldn't say it's going to be much before the festival. We don't need downtime to start or stop most festivals.

    I can say that 12.1 is going to be quite large. A lot of things being addressed.
    Thanks for the update Sapience. Here is a link in another thread where i listed some issues. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...37#post7026037

    I really hope some of those issues are on the list to be fixed in 12.1

  15. #15
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagmuk View Post
    Thanks for the update Sapience. Here is a link in another thread where i listed some issues. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...37#post7026037

    I really hope some of those issues are on the list to be fixed in 12.1
    I really hoped you put in bug reports. Forum posts aren't bug reports and aren't treated as such.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,503
    Will the festival tickets we have left over from last year still be usable this year?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    I really hoped you put in bug reports. Forum posts aren't bug reports and aren't treated as such.

    hehe, take it ya just skimmed my post. At end of it, it says i filed a /bug report for everything. :-)

    I did not /bug the emerald shard drop rate as that is not an actual bug. unless ya think it would be a good iea?

  18. #18
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagmuk View Post
    hehe, take it ya just skimmed my post. At end of it, it says i filed a /bug report for everything. :-)

    I did not /bug the emerald shard drop rate as that is not an actual bug. unless ya think it would be a good iea?
    Can always file it as a 'suggestion' bug.

    And yes, I'm guilty of sometimes skimming posts to try and cover as many as possible.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Can always file it as a 'suggestion' bug.

    And yes, I'm guilty of sometimes skimming posts to try and cover as many as possible.
    Can you comment on why the in game bug reporting tool doesn't work for me? I brought it up in the bug reporting tool sticky, but haven't heard anything about it, yet.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

  20. #20
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    Can you comment on why the in game bug reporting tool doesn't work for me? I brought it up in the bug reporting tool sticky, but haven't heard anything about it, yet.
    I spoke with QA and they suggested you should contact tech support. Usually this is a browser related issue. Unless you're going to say you have a Mac, in which case the tool seems to not like any browser on a Mac.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    I spoke with QA and they suggested you should contact tech support. Usually this is a browser related issue. Unless you're going to say you have a Mac, in which case the tool seems to not like any browser on a Mac.
    Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit. It's just a black screen upon click preview or submit when using the IG tool.

    I'll bring it up there then. Didn't want to start a thread or ticket if it was an easy fix.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    And now I have news.

    The Yule Festival will start on December 18th. The last day of the Festival will be January 14th.
    So happy to hear it will be longer this year. Thanks

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    And now I have news.

    The Yule Festival will start on December 18th. The last day of the Festival will be January 14th.
    Thank you
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    between the heavens and the underworld, bka Middle-Earth!
    Posts
    34

    Lightbulb Update to Horse Races?

    with 12.1 coming before Yule Fest will it be addressing the WarSteed buff/debuff that has been with the festival horse races since ROR went live last year? As it stands the races are almost too easy, for not having to worry about the hazards on the courses, being the race mounts are unaffected by them now!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by UnoMuyLoco77 View Post
    with 12.1 coming before Yule Fest will it be addressing the WarSteed buff/debuff that has been with the festival horse races since ROR went live last year? As it stands the races are almost too easy, for not having to worry about the hazards on the courses, being the race mounts are unaffected by them now!
    Races are not easy for everyone. There are times when I fail the race.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload