We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Anyone else with missing crafting experience?

One of my low level characters who had previously finished Journeyman Prospecting is now at zero experience for that Tier. I even found Barrow-Iron ingots in her bank vault that say they were crafted by her. Sadly, when I submitted a ticket, they sent me a message saying there was nothing they could do. I haven't looked closely at the crafting on my other characters yet. I am just wondering if this is a unique problem to my one character, or if others have had this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by lalula View Post
    One of my low level characters who had previously finished Journeyman Prospecting is now at zero experience for that Tier. I even found Barrow-Iron ingots in her bank vault that say they were crafted by her. Sadly, when I submitted a ticket, they sent me a message saying there was nothing they could do. I haven't looked closely at the crafting on my other characters yet. I am just wondering if this is a unique problem to my one character, or if others have had this problem.
    You're able to craft Journeyman tier Barrow-Iron Ingots? Ok, there only one thing I can discern from that information;
    You have reached Proficiency in Apprentice tier Prospecting. Did you Master it?

You know that there are 2 Anvils next to the Crafting experience bar for each crafting tier? One is for Proficiency, the other is for Mastery.
    Proficiency in a tier unlocks the next tier in crafting. Proficiency *and* Mastery in a Tier unlocks Mastery in the next tier in crafting, after becoming Proficient.

This is what it looks like for someone working on Proficiency for a tier.

This is what it looks like for someone that finished Proficiency for a tier, and is working on Mastery.

This is what it looks like for someone that finished Proficiency for a tier, but they have *not* finished Mastery on previous tiers.

This is what it looks like for someone that finished both Proficiency and Mastery for a tier.

If I had to wager, I'd bet that you have become Proficient in the Apprentice tier of Prospecting, but have not Mastered it. Then, you became Proficient in in Journeyman, but continued to make Ingots. If that's what happened, then yes, you did lose out on crafting experience. But, that's not a bug, it's how the game is designed.

*Note* when you become Proficient in Expert tier of a (Cook, Jeweller, Metalsmith, Scholar, Tailor, weaponsmith or woodworker) Craft, you will not be able to unlock Mastery or Artisan tier until you complete a quest.

I understand all of that. What happened is this. Before the expansion, one of my low level alts had mastered both apprentice and journeyman prospecting, and had not yet started on T3. Now after the expansion, this same crafter is still showing mastery (2 stars) at T1 prospecting and is showing completely zero experience in T2 prospecting, even though I have the ingots to show I had finished that tier. I did all the crafting before the expansion came out. Now logging in after the expansion, I still have the finished ingots, but the crafting experience is missing.

I do understand how crafting works. This is just one of my many alts, most of my alts are on T9 crafting. I was advised by the GM's to put in a bug report when I ticketed it, so I did, but I have not had any resolution to the issue.

Just now logged in another low-level crafter of mine tonight. It is one of my tailors. She had previously finished T3 Forestry and was starting on T3 tailoring. Her tailoring progress seems to have been saved, but her T3 Forestry is now at 0. Her T1 and T2 Forestry are both mastered (not just proficient). With this crafter I also have proof that she had done T3 Forestry before the expansion, because she has finished Sturdy Leathers in her inventory that say they were crafted by her. Another ticked and bug report filed. So far this is 2 of my low-level crafters that have lost crafting experience from pre-expansion.

Do they still have the crafting titles for completing the proficiency or mastery of the missing tier?
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

As Penter-Kar suggests you get titles for each completion, go through the titles list and see if you still have those! If those are there, it's proof you can point Turbine to that you have completed it!