We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Westfold Crafting? Are u kidding me!

The whole tier of westfold craft is useless there is nothing to make what the point at all they should have skipped the whole tier well they really already did
    Completeness is the only way to play! No fast track ever! Xp Disable Toggle Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless.one View Post
    The whole tier of westfold craft is useless there is nothing to make what the point at all they should have skipped the whole tier well they really already did
    You do know that, from Tier 7 on, the majority of recipes come from mob dropped scroll cases?
    That's why you hardly get any automatic recipes upon becoming Proficient in Supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    You do know that, from Tier 7 on, the majority of recipes come from mob dropped scroll cases?
    That's why you hardly get any automatic recipes upon becoming Proficient in Supreme.
    Yes but 2 recipes for 66 and so forth no complete armor sets not craft tools and no guild craft till level 75 is no good.
    Last edited by Golhebron; Dec 13 2013 at 10:22 AM.
    Completeness is the only way to play! No fast track ever! Xp Disable Toggle Supporter

There are some excellent T7 recipes, nearly all are either guild or rep gated though.

Yes but 2 recipes for 66 and so forth no complete armor sets not craft tools and no guild craft till level 75 is no good
    These two comments seem to contradict each other.

Sure the way they staggered to Westfold armor sets wasn't very popular (this is why they changed it in Rohan to complete sets at lvl80 and lvl85), but there is still plenty of recipes there. Most of the better items are gated behind Dunland / Theodred rep, or from the guild.
    Last edited by Golhebron; Dec 13 2013 at 10:22 AM.
    [COLOR=#ffd700]I'm a Banana[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by melyjely View Post
    These two comments seem to contradict each other.

Sure the way they staggered to Westfold armor sets wasn't very popular (this is why they changed it in Rohan to complete sets at lvl80 and lvl85), but there is still plenty of recipes there. Most of the better items are gated behind Dunland / Theodred rep, or from the guild.

Ya right 17 level without a set of guild crafted armor. U can try and defend this horrid tier but the way I see it. It the worst tier in the game leaving huge gaps in crafting. I paid good money to be in the guild with long hours and much gold invested and I am still running in my last set of armor from level 58 and now I am 66 and when u get to 66 u get a whole 2 lousy pieces of armor not even as good as my 58th level woot

Oh I'm not defending it at all. I agree it's one of the worst tiers of the lot, and many other people were disappointed with it as well. This is why they changed things in tier8 to give complete sets at lvl80 and 85, and have continued this way through tier9. What I was disagreeing with was your statement that the whole whole tier is useless and that there is nothing to make, when clearly there are.

There's also a guild set of armor at lvl60, but it's only barely better than 58, and somewhat inferior to epic rewarded armor.
    [COLOR=#ffd700]I'm a Banana[/COLOR]

U can try and defend this horrid tier but the way I see it. It the worst tier in the game leaving huge gaps in crafting.
    I don't think anyone us trying to defend Tier 7, it is pretty bad. Rather, we're pointing out inaccuracies in your statements.

T1-6 has some ok armor, but half-way through the Moria epic quest armor is superior to crafted.
    T7 is pretty bad and the only thing worth crafting are off-hand/ranged weapons and class accessories.
    T8 lvl 80 armor is good and, imo, better than than the majority of quest rewards.
    T9 lvl 90 armor is ok, but generally on par, and quickly out paced, on level quest dropped armor.

new icons pretty plz

what i need to say is :
    Guys plz change the icons of the needed ingredients of the latest tier9
    its exactly the same with tier8....
    i m speaking about skarn n ingots,
    if you cant change the icons you really should change the color of it, that would do

tks in advance !
    10 years lotro enthousiast, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    I don't think anyone us trying to defend Tier 7, it is pretty bad. Rather, we're pointing out inaccuracies in your statements.

T1-6 has some ok armor, but half-way through the Moria epic quest armor is superior to crafted.
    T7 is pretty bad and the only thing worth crafting are off-hand/ranged weapons and class accessories.
    T8 lvl 80 armor is good and, imo, better than than the majority of quest rewards.
    T9 lvl 90 armor is ok, but generally on par, and quickly out paced, on level quest dropped armor.
    Well My biggest petpev is the fact there is no guild crafted armor from 58 to 75 in every other tier about every 10 levels u have a set to make. I take great pride in my crafting and find this un-acceptable 17 level is just wrong.

Ok yes there is some nice rep items but I did not pay for my guild to have a 17 level gap then get 2 2 items per per every 3 or 4 levels after that not one piece is even better then the slot machine give aways from level 60. The only good thing is the LI crafting after that the whole tier seems like a waste of time effort.

I sent a good deal of time planning my armor weapons jewlery for each and every one of my 150 characters and for my wife as well. I have spent a good deal of time and money and gold the have my guild maxed out and have every craft at it highest possible level. spending a good deal of time farming mats from areas well above my level do do so, over the last 2,5 years of playing I always was Proud to have all my gear crafted by myself or one of my alts.

I mean even the food has a the same problem a huge gap. The invested so much effort in revamping the stupid trait tree yet neglected to fix the horrid tier of crafting.

And as far and drop items go I don't see where much or any i have found to be of any use. The have killed most of the raids in the lower level to even farm good armor with the grand bs or soloing the game I was not even able to get my Moria Meta deeds done as there are just no groups left to anymore I never got the chance to do the rift or helgrod most the the moria instance clusters I could not get group for anymore. The only Raid we ever got to do was the turtle.

So now with getting raid groups almost impossible getting good drop items is a real pain without grinding skirmishes to get mark and medallion. in all the other tiers I always knew I could put together a tuned set of gear and u just cant do that with drop gear.

I just feel this tier to be very disappointing 17 leve no food no scrolls no armor and no jewelery and with the raid sean getting so hard to get groups they just is not a very good way to tune your character for play style.

And now with this messed up trait tree it make it even worst The need a 66 level guild craft set of everything not just level 75. I am not the first person that that this was BS there are threads flaming this lousy tier of crafting got back to the the day they released westfold. I can understand them them messing up on a release but not fixing it for 2 + years then giving us a trait tree system that was not needed.

I don't fee my statement was wrong the the westfold tier is a mess that should have been blight that should have been fixed for more than 2 years.

In my eyes I see this as a gross incompetence on the dev's which over the last to years I seem more incompetence on the part to dev's than i can to go into in this thread.

Now more than ever we need to get this tier fixed at least the guild part the rest well ok I did not have to spend extra money to get but the guild I payed for and since I paid for every guild craft twice as i have 2 accounts that add up to a good bit a cash and i don't feel this tier was worth it cost 17 levels is long of a span it make for one boring mostly useless tier accept for LI crafting.

Even that is a bit o a joke why when you craft your LI is as random as a drop item I would think is I make something as a master craftsman I would know what I made the first 3 major should have been my choice but have to craft a 5 or 7 items to get a LI that has more them one major on it I want is again terrible and very costly or you end up have to level tons of weapons to make scrolls and byt star-ltt crystals My first level 65 1 st age was terrible it had nothing on it I wanted.

I just don't see anything right with the tier. I just don't think its too much to ask to have a set of armor or jewelry that I can make for such a span I praying for Loot box items and hobbits gifts stinks or trying for days to get just one raid or instance for a chance to get on item u want. I have even had to buy the XP-disable just to give me time to try to do this stuff U blow thru 10 level so fast there no time to for all that grinding or drop gear by time u get its already old and out of date.

A guild craft set every 8 to 10 levels is the way it should be done and this is the only tier that don't that alone says it not right and I just don't feel I am wrong to point out that fact or ask to have it fixed.

Ok rant off

Quote Originally Posted by melyjely View Post
    Oh I'm not defending it at all. I agree it's one of the worst tiers of the lot, and many other people were disappointed with it as well. This is why they changed things in tier8 to give complete sets at lvl80 and 85, and have continued this way through tier9. What I was disagreeing with was your statement that the whole whole tier is useless and that there is nothing to make, when clearly there are.

There's also a guild set of armor at lvl60, but it's only barely better than 58, and somewhat inferior to epic rewarded armor.
    Ok there is no good sets to make no good food to make not even good tools to make just too wide or a span before there is anything good to make. I am doing fine with the stuff i have but i just miss having to looking ahead to that nice new blue head to toe about every 8 to 10 levels and waiting 6 level to make just 2 items that are not worth anything is beat.

I did not know there was nothing to be had and bought a bunch of scrolls from the skirmish camp and finally reading up on it to to find there is just nothing to had but to grind rep is sad to say at the least. Yes I made it sound as if there was nothing ad for me to this point there has been nothing accept 65th level Li's.

I just don't understand why they would make this whole trait tree this and not fis a 2 year old problem that even they know was messed up. But somehow after 2.5 years of this game I should know they never fix anything they mess up and break more than they fix :-(

Most of the recipe's are now gated behind rep barter npcs. Plus a lot of them are single use. Yes there are a few recipe's that drop as loot from mobs but not many.

Just my guess but I believe this change was made due to the number of players with low level alts for crafting purposes only.

there are of course the crafting guilds. but their is a 6 day cool down on each recipe.

The Lothlorien and Mirkwood armour is available after reaching Aquaintance or Friend (if I remember correctly) and is not single use. The permanent guild recipes for Loth can be found in the craft area near the vineyard. The Mirk recipes are available at Ost Galad. I know the Loth stuff is level 60. Can't remember what the Mirk stuff is.

Its not vital that you have a new set of guild armour at 60, 65, 70 or whatever. Each piece needs a large guild rep item, and those are on a week cool down. Even trading in the samm and medium ones will take a few weeks. At that rate why both with it, even with the level 75 guild armour? And the same is true of jewelery. When I'm leveling I tend to make a set of the Malledhrim stuff at 65 and that's good enough. I replace it with quest rewards until I get to 75 when I make a set of the non guild stuff. Same with oft hand weapons and whatever else I need. Once I hit level cap then I focus on making guild stuff.

Westfold is not a very good tier I will grant you that. But the guild armour has always been at the top level of the tier. Westfold its 75 for example, Expert its 31 ext. So if something needs to change then its in Supreme, they need to add a level 65 guild armour set. Westfold, while not a good tier, is the same with the guilds as the other tiers are.
    Last edited by Meluihel; Dec 13 2013 at 01:50 PM.

I am currently a Westemnet Forester, how ever I cannot find any recipes for Westemnet Forester. IS this something that they forgot to include in HD. Are they going to put recipes in the update Monday. Any information would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RetNavy2001 View Post
    I am currently a Westemnet Forester, how ever I cannot find any recipes for Westemnet Forester. IS this something that they forgot to include in HD. Are they going to put recipes in the update Monday. Any information would be helpful.
    All the recopies you need for forest you should already know when you unlock the tier. Bulk recipes, if you want to make lots of the same thing all at once, you can get for marks at the skirmish camp.

Quote Originally Posted by RetNavy2001 View Post
    I'm not sure just what recipes you're expecting to 'find'.

There's the Extract; Sapwood -> Bark
    There's the Leather; Hide -> Brushed -> Glazed -> Finished
    There's the wood; Log -> Thin -> Solid -> Reinforced

Also, Improved Finished/Reinforced at the Helmingas rep vendor.

what other recipes do you think you should have?