We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eldar
    Posts
    36

    Woot! just finished starting area! :)

    wow, the instance to leave the starter area was great. was given some npc's to go thru it with me,Dwalim and his friends, and it was so unlike similar npc "helpers" other games have had. These guys really helped,and did most of the heavy-lifting actually Was a lot of fun, and,I have a horse-whistle now,some new threads,can access mail-box's that I didnt even know the game had,lol. Bindstones are new to me, 1st time I have encountered them. seems very much like lifestones from Asherons Call, I like them,matter of fact,having that skill saved me from certain death, as I was wandering about this new area, and,oops'd myself into a bad place,if it hadn't been for that binding spot, would surely have died,lol Anyway, Lovin' it. graphics, as we all know are great, but seriously, the immersiveness really grabs me. In that instance I was just in, I was "so there" ! WTG, Turbine ! and good to be here with you all, just hope I start running into more of my fellow-players. Haven't seen even one so far.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    134
    Welcome...and wait until you get to Moria!
    "Lead me, follow me, but get out of my way!"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eldar
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Archer View Post
    Welcome...and wait until you get to Moria!

    ty! It took me a few weeks to get this far, so methinks Moria will be quite a while yet,but I'm going to take the time to enjoy every part of the journey. I just bought the exps. (except the newest) and went vip,so I will be able to do those things, should be great fun

  4. #4
    [QUOTE, just hope I start running into more of my fellow-players. Haven't seen even one so far.[/QUOTE]


    It's not until you reach Bree that you begin to meet other players in anything moe than one or two
    No King, No Law, Utopia!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eldar
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxburgh View Post
    [QUOTE, just hope I start running into more of my fellow-players. Haven't seen even one so far.

    It's not until you reach Bree that you begin to meet other players in anything moe than one or two[/QUOTE]

    ahh, I see. thanks for the info

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by lothlore1 View Post
    ty! It took me a few weeks to get this far, so methinks Moria will be quite a while yet,but I'm going to take the time to enjoy every part of the journey. I just bought the exps. (except the newest) and went vip,so I will be able to do those things, should be great fun
    I'm sure it will be - welcome aboard.
    The Balrog lives!! Oh, and give MECCG a try.

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000002be0/01008/signature.png]Eladrath[/charsig]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,679
    Congratulations and welcome to the "real" world!

    If you want an interesting view, try making an elf for your next character. The storyline meshes in an interesting way with the dwarf storyline you're following.

    All the different racial storylines meet up in Bree for Volume 1, Book 1. The differences are merely in the Prologue that you are doing now.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eldar
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post
    Congratulations and welcome to the "real" world!

    If you want an interesting view, try making an elf for your next character. The storyline meshes in an interesting way with the dwarf storyline you're following.

    All the different racial storylines meet up in Bree for Volume 1, Book 1. The differences are merely in the Prologue that you are doing now.
    ah,an elf, you say ? then I'm in luck,as my char. is an elf ( oh, and,if you meet him,though I only rp lightly on occasion,my char., Arvalan, has not ever met any members of the fellowship,lol )
    The wandering elf

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,679
    Quote Originally Posted by lothlore1 View Post
    ah,an elf, you say ? then I'm in luck,as my char. is an elf ( oh, and,if you meet him,though I only rp lightly on occasion,my char., Arvalan, has not ever met any members of the fellowship,lol )
    Well then! Roll a dwarf. :-)

    Sorry for the mistake, it's been a while since I created a new character! You'll get a very different starting area if you go for a hobbit or human.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eldar
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post
    Well then! Roll a dwarf. :-)

    Sorry for the mistake, it's been a while since I created a new character! You'll get a very different starting area if you go for a hobbit or human.
    lol, ok, I'll remember that
    The wandering elf

  11. #11
    If your looking for more players, play on Brandywine. I heard they are the biggest server.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eldar
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Conancrush View Post
    If your looking for more players, play on Brandywine. I heard they are the biggest server.


    ty for the tip,but, Lo and behold! have found,or,been found perhaps,by a kinship on Eldar and happily "settling in". ty again.
    The wandering elf

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by lothlore1 View Post
    ty! It took me a few weeks to get this far, so methinks Moria will be quite a while yet,but I'm going to take the time to enjoy every part of the journey. I just bought the exps. (except the newest) and went vip,so I will be able to do those things, should be great fun
    It took you several WEEKS to finish the starter area?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Qtnsxy View Post
    It took you several WEEKS to finish the starter area?
    Not everyone plays at the same speed or has the time to play as much as you might. I'm one of those slow players...took me three years to reach level cap the first time (when it was still 85) and my second highest toon is not quite 54th. My sister has 6 or 7 toons all over 80 and we started playing at the same time.

    Lothlore1, glad to hear you've found a kinship and remember, just because you're an elf, that doesn't mean you can't complete ALL the racial starting areas. I love the Shire and I'm usually elf.
    "Lead me, follow me, but get out of my way!"

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eldar
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Archer View Post
    Not everyone plays at the same speed or has the time to play as much as you might. I'm one of those slow players...took me three years to reach level cap the first time (when it was still 85) and my second highest toon is not quite 54th. My sister has 6 or 7 toons all over 80 and we started playing at the same time.

    Lothlore1, glad to hear you've found a kinship and remember, just because you're an elf, that doesn't mean you can't complete ALL the racial starting areas. I love the Shire and I'm usually elf.
    Thanks for the info about being able to do all the starting areas, had no idea. So true also about playing time,and speed of play,lol. Have never been a fast leveler, and wouldn't want to if I could. There is always only one first time and I want to enjoy every part of the ride. Have fun, friend
    The wandering elf

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,220

    Exactly my approach.

    Quote Originally Posted by lothlore1 View Post
    Thanks for the info about being able to do all the starting areas, had no idea. So true also about playing time,and speed of play,lol. Have never been a fast leveler, and wouldn't want to if I could. There is always only one first time and I want to enjoy every part of the ride. Have fun, friend
    Take your time and explore. There is so much to reward a meandering playstyle.

    Whole lot of fun to be had on the way to endgame.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Everett, Wa.
    Posts
    375
    I have been here since Closed Beta. I just started a new Loremaster and am playing through again, reading every bit of quest text and using the xp disabler to play quests on level. Please, please, play through at your own pace and enjoy the wonderful world the world building team has created. Ignore the general forum gloom and doom and just enjoy spending time in Middle Earth and soak it all in. I would give anything to be able to experience this game again for the first time. I am doing my best to do that now. I envy you a little.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload