We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Deeping Wall - Raid progress

Post here your complete challenges and stuffs.

Completed raid size Deeping Wall with Resurrection and Wiping As Intended mixed group.
    Snowbourn server fist.

http://postimg.org/image/kiuzy20mz/
    Laineth suxx!! <3

Gack! Gack! Gack!
    [SIZE="3"]Rosinante R15-Schurke[/SIZE], Don R11-Waffenmeister,Rosiweis R10-Jäger, Gargantuar R11-Schnitter uvm.
    Fan-Video: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L4ymKZYDQg[/url]

As long as you don't get vandals its a free plat.
    [color=mediumblue]Curuorn, Guardian - Barcode, Warden, leader of Rebirth -[/color][color=Maroon] Dodar, Reaver - Curuornn, Warleader[/color]
    [color=forestgreen]One of the founders of KhaosRogues (R.I.P. Muz, Goor, Lasto), son of Vandalf.[/color]
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/CuruuKR/featured]Withywindle PvMP Videos[/url]

Whitywindle kinship Portuguese Empire completed this with few friends from other kins 2 days ago, friday evening November 29th. First on server
    [b][center]LUTZ THE GOD of Whitywindle[/center][/b]

[center]Z fanboi[/center]

Congratulations on being the first to gather enough bodies and press several buttons.

Now not trolling, maybe we just had an decent group each time but ppl are failling this raid? When Sonki announced on globall about their platinum in DW raid me and my pug group just started DW and we took platinum as well, 20-30 min later. Next day another pug leaded by T.. (turk), dont remember the name, we took platinum as well. Third day, Ealdin lead another raid (pug) but we took gold because by mistake, we lost 2 guys when we had Gimli side quest and we took silver on that quest.
    What i want to say is that, following some simple rules, is impossible to loose this.
    - 2 on catapults, destroy enemy catapults and after that go on wall. Since the ppl have already rank 5-6, they can destroy enemy catapults in one hit long before the troups reach the wall and they have time to go on wall quickly.
    - some ppl ALL the time on wall and remain there when secondary quests pops up. Their mission: removing ladders and hooks.
    - one healer heal npc and issue orders on commanders
    - the rest follow someone closely and do side quest.

Fun? Yes. Challenging? Not really. Hard? Only if you dont know what to do.
    Andracy - Mns; Andrady - RK; Andrac - Hnt; Andracya - Brg; Gabytza - LM; Anduta - Warden
    Officer of Rangers of Eriador / Snowbourne

Sorry guys, this is not a raid, just another skirm that you can do 12 man.

I hope you realise Sonki, you have to wait with Raid Progression threads untill we have an actual raid. I did it in a pug on Platinum one day later, it's nothing impressive ^^
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

what they should do to make this actually difficult in 6 and 12 group sizes is remove the ability for healers to heal inanimate objects. Npcs make sense. A soldier is low on morale so a mini should be able to throw him some heals. But a minstrel shouldn't be able to bolster the courage of a banner. Since they somehow can, it takes only 1 or 2 people to stay at the wall when side quests come up, and everyone else pile up on the side quests.

Also, we should not be allowed to change big battle specs while in the instance. Having 2 or even 3 trait lines interchangeable at a moment's notice is overpowered and causes the traitlines to become pointless since everyone can do everything at a moment's notice.

However even if this does happen, receiving a platinum is nowhere near the difficulty and/or coordination of previous raid challenges.
    Last edited by mrfigglesworth; Dec 02 2013 at 04:19 PM.

Remember this statment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience
    Q2: Beltharas: Will Big Battles have difficulty tiers? How will the difficulty level compare with that of current and past T2C raids?
    A2: jwbarry: No. They have opt in difficulty as you play, allowing you to attempt to try to do more things and spread your resources further apart, with greater reward but greater risk of failure. The intent is that getting platinum on raid objectives is roughly the equivalent of tier 2 challenge from the mid to higher difficulty OD or ToO boss fights.
    Seems like they decided to change this aspect^^
    Eruadarion | Captain | Avorthalier Kinship
    on Gwaihir [EU-DE]

Quote Originally Posted by andracy View Post
    What i want to say is that, following some simple rules, is impossible to loose this.
    The key probably is to get people ranked up in their epic battle roles, and that presumably takes a bit of time on each server. Ie, only soloing you will probably not find many players beyond rank 1. Once you've got a set of players ranked up to be effective (ie, can set up, aim, and fire catapults) and who know what to do (where to aim) then the raid can accept newcomers pretty easily to assist in DPS and this will help them earn points as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruadarion View Post
    Seems like they decided to change this aspect^^
    More like it's just not balanced. Ie, right now we do huge damage which I do not think is intentional. Look at low level players who are one shotting things. There's not much direct need to go Vanguard for this reason. After the first nerf I think these will become a lot harder.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    what they should do to make this actually difficult in 6 and 12 group sizes is remove the ability for healers to heal inanimate objects. Npcs make sense. A soldier is low on morale so a mini should be able to throw him some heals. But a minstrel shouldn't be able to bolster the courage of a banner. Since they somehow can, it takes only 1 or 2 people to stay at the wall when side quests come up, and everyone else pile up on the side quests.

Also, we should not be allowed to change big battle specs while in the instance. Having 2 or even 3 trait lines interchangeable at a moment's notice is overpowered and causes the traitlines to become pointless since everyone can do everything at a moment's notice.

However even if this does happen, receiving a platinum is nowhere near the difficulty and/or coordination of previous raid challenges.
    Heals are pretty buggy in the battles. My minstrel can sometimes heal an NPC or item, and sometimes the heals do nothing. It's not predictable at all. I was spam healing a commander in the 12 man and watched him nearly die while I hit Bolster over and over and over. I was in blue line, Resonance stance, and had him targeted. It just did nothing.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

@Beaniemooch

Minstrels can heal only some NPCs and objects, but runekeepers heal and bubble all. Some of harder side quests can be easily done if you get an rk to heal/ bubble an inanimate object which is being attacked, no need for an engineer to repair/extinguish fire. Also it looks like HoTs are working much better than 'normal' heals - objects are healed rather fast with mending verse/ writ of health/ prelude of hope when epic of the ages does nothing or very little.

Gz for server-first Snowbourn completion, very impressive!

Unlike previous raids, there is an unprecedented amount of random factors involved (side-quests [or] bugs), this makes achieving platinum sometimes a matter of luck though.

I'm for instance a bit puzzled as to when (if at all) any supposed assaults on catapults happen (a group of mobs running to the catapult and trying to destroy it and nearby NPCs). This could as well be some bugged side-quest.

Other thing is: everything is at full health, not on fire, no mobs nor catapults around with side-quests finished (transition to other part of wall) -> BOOM 3 banners die (HOW?!).

Regarding healing, I have done some tests on my minstrel:
    1) All viable targeted heals are restoring the morale of NPCs (including barricades etc.) by the exact amount they heal (say 8k bolster for a 85 mini restores 8k morale).
    2) The morale of the NPCs is updated very rarely (!!!)

When you take 1) and 2), you will sometimes see the morale update instantly, sometimes wait for maybe 5 or 10 seconds before the morale updates.
    There is no need to spam 5 heals on a NPC that lost 2k morale, just heal the mob and move on, the morale will update after some time.

Some targeted minstrel heals are not working fully/partally on NPCs:
    - chord of salvation gives no HoT whatsoever, just the initial heal
    - perfect ending heals the mini instead
    (...?)

All quests can be done! And all easy!

Utleth - We Got This kin - Nimrodel Server

Note: All done before the update!

Quote Originally Posted by Utleth View Post
    All quests can be done! And all easy!

Utleth - We Got This kin - Nimrodel Server

Note: All done before the update!
    Now you can come to RIFT to play with me for 11 months and 3 weeks before the next expansion :P

In other news, I completed a Trouble in Tuckborough the other day. World first?
    Beastwise | Gladden | Shock and Awe