We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

no subscription to LOTRO Found

okay the other week I purchased the Humble WB Games Bundle.
    this included both

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
    The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack

so I downloaded
    The Lord of the Rings Online

and followed the instructions and went to https://myaccount.turbine.com/home.php input the key where I was instructed and the next page

shows just this

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/a3ul.png/

I am able to get on my Dungeons and Dragons unlimted account with no probem but when I try to get on here I get the message no subscription to LOTRO Found

when I log into my account and click manage subscriptons on the LOTRO website it is blank so I cant even manually fix it.

here is my lotro.com account subscription page

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/01ze.png

I believe you need an existing Lotro account. Turbine calls game accounts subscriptions. You do not have a Lotro account you need to ask Turbine Account Management for a free Lotro account key. Use the free key to create your Lotro account. Once that is done you can apply the key for the Humble bundle.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Your Turbine account by itself does not allow you to play any of their games. The account needs a subscription to the game, which allows you to log in and play. Each Turbine account can have one or more subscriptions on it, and you can mix and match them. You need a LOTRO subscription to play LOTRO, a DDO subscription to play DDO, and an AC2 subscription to play AC2. Note that from the account level, the term "subscription" just means sub-account, and does not mean you need to be paying for the game. It's a holdover term from the pay-to-play days.

My guess is that you went into DDO first. To add another subscription to the account you will need to contact Account Management. They will provide you with a product key that can be added to the existing Turbine account. Best bet would be to call them, as they should be able to take care of it while you're on the phone. Sending in a ticket normally takes 1-2 business days. Since there was a recent expansion release, ticket times may be much longer for a while.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."