We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Escrow Broker Won't talk to me

I abandoned a house and then bought a new one. I went to the escrow broker to retrieve my stuff and she won't talk to me. I waited 2 days and tried again, no results. I even went back to my old house location and tried the escrow broker there. Nothing. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilemon View Post
    I abandoned a house and then bought a new one. I went to the escrow broker to retrieve my stuff and she won't talk to me. I waited 2 days and tried again, no results. I even went back to my old house location and tried the escrow broker there. Nothing. Suggestions?
    Are you using the character that owned the house that was abandoned to open escrow? If I recall correctly everything in the house goes to the former owner unless it is a bound item in which case to the character that the item is bound to.

I've never trusted the escrow code. I always manually emptied the house.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

They made some changes in the HD expansion. See Helm's Deep Housing Chest Changes by PKCrichton for details. In there it states:
    Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    - Your personal Escrow appears to be visible in your personal housing chest when you access it and is listed in the 'main chest' even if you have 0 slots in your storage.

Have you tried just opening the chest in the new house?
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Arrow My woes continues

I put in a support ticket on this, but haven't heard back. In the meantime, I discovered that I can't even buy a new storage chest. When I click on house management, there is nothing to buy. This makes my new house an attractive, but useless ornament.

If you'd already bought a storage chest in the old house before HD went live, it should have transferred to the new house, I believe. Go in your new house and look for a chest. Your escrow should be in the chest already unless I misunderstood the changes to the housing chests.
    [color=#48D1CC][b][i]Imladris[/i][/b][/color] - [color=#9370D8]Moravya[/color][color=#FFE4E1][i], 70 Lore-master[/i][/color]

Quote Originally Posted by the_antisocial_hermit View Post
    If you'd already bought a storage chest in the old house before HD went live, it should have transferred to the new house, I believe. Go in your new house and look for a chest. Your escrow should be in the chest already unless I misunderstood the changes to the housing chests.

/forehead slap

It was indeed there in the one room I hadn't visited. Thank you so much. I'm again a happy wanderer.

May I join in with a similar problem?

One character of mine owned a house, but didn't want to play it any more.
    I emptied the house as best i could, then deleted the character.

My replacement character now owns a nearby house, but two items (Lorien Statue and Hound Property Guard) have appeared from the previous house in the current house chest. They are described as 'Bound to other Account' and I can't take them out of the chest, no matter what I try.

Any ideas how to free up those two places in the chest?

Quote Originally Posted by tinuelwing View Post
    May I join in with a similar problem?

One character of mine owned a house, but didn't want to play it any more.
    I emptied the house as best i could, then deleted the character.

My replacement character now owns a nearby house, but two items (Lorien Statue and Hound Property Guard) have appeared from the previous house in the current house chest. They are described as 'Bound to other Account' and I can't take them out of the chest, no matter what I try.

Any ideas how to free up those two places in the chest?
    Both items are BoA. If they were owned by the deleted character, then: (1) Turn in a bug report for it, and (2) if you are able to, contact a GM to see if they can destroy the items. If they were owned by someone else, there should be an option to return it (which should have happened when the item was removed, unless it was changed with the HD release).
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Quote Originally Posted by Penter-Kar View Post
    Both items are BoA. If they were owned by the deleted character, then: (1) Turn in a bug report for it, and (2) if you are able to, contact a GM to see if they can destroy the items. If they were owned by someone else, there should be an option to return it (which should have happened when the item was removed, unless it was changed with the HD release).
    They were indeed owned by the deleted character, so I will try to get a GM to destroy them.
    Thanks for your help!

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Sorry to necro, but here is my issue:

Not all of the items are in my chest...
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

try giving her some chocolates , and then see how things go from there, or a poem
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000078f45/signature.png]Rystor[/charsig]