We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Post Crash on leaving battles in helm's deep

My client crashes on completing the helms deep battles. It's happened three out of three tries thus far; appears to happen as soon as it triggers the teleport out of the battle.

iMac 27 inch, a few years old, running OS X 10.8.5

Anyone else seeing this, and is there a workaround other than "just restart the client every time you leave a battle"?

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyDragon View Post
    My client crashes on completing the helms deep battles. It's happened three out of three tries thus far; appears to happen as soon as it triggers the teleport out of the battle.

Anyone else seeing this, and is there a workaround other than "just restart the client every time you leave a battle"?
    At the end of Beta 6, this was a "known issue" -- which they apparently did not "successfully" fix by launch.

Assuming, of course, that your problem is the same as was seen then. I don't recall the details, but it was effectively that -- crash at the conclusion of the Battle ... don't know which battle or what situation.
    Bill Magill - Mac Player - Old Timers Guild- Gladden:

Partial cast
    Valamar: Dwarf Hunter - Level 100
    Valdicta: Dwarf Rune-keeper - Level 100
    Valanne: Beorning - Level 80

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyDragon View Post

I'm also seeing this issue most battles I run, but today I started seeing a new issue. I'm also crashing at sidequest bestowal. When I log in, the battle is still going on, but I miss out on the sidequests and rewards :/

I'm having the exact same issues - LOTRO crashes as the big battles are completed (3 of 3 time thus far), and during some of the Epic Quests that take place between the big battles. The battles themselves have run OK thus far.

Late 2009 iMac, OS X 10.7.5, 12 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4850.

Quote Originally Posted by Semper_Dad View Post
    I'm having the exact same issues - LOTRO crashes as the big battles are completed (3 of 3 time thus far), and during some of the Epic Quests that take place between the big battles. The battles themselves have run OK thus far.

Late 2009 iMac, OS X 10.7.5, 12 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4850.
    1- 10.7.5 is borderline for a working system. I don't know if your iMac is one of the ones which cannot upgrade to Lion, but if you can, I would do so.

2- As far as I know the crash at the end of Epic Battles is "not yet fixed." (It was a "known issue" at the end of the Beta.) At least I have not seen any specific acknowledgment of it in the release notes.
    Bill Magill - Mac Player - Old Timers Guild- Gladden:

Partial cast
    Valamar: Dwarf Hunter - Level 100
    Valdicta: Dwarf Rune-keeper - Level 100
    Valanne: Beorning - Level 80

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    1- 10.7.5 is borderline for a working system. I don't know if your iMac is one of the ones which cannot upgrade to Lion, but if you can, I would do so.

2- As far as I know the crash at the end of Epic Battles is "not yet fixed." (It was a "known issue" at the end of the Beta.) At least I have not seen any specific acknowledgment of it in the release notes.
    For what it's worth, it doesn't appear to be related to the OS level; I get the same issue on 10.9.2 (intermittently -- I crash on exiting the battles about 20% of the time). I still think it's worth upgrading your MacOS version for the other nice things you'll get, but don't expect it to fix this bug.

For some reason, Deeping Coomb appears to be the most frequent crasher, though maybe that's just a run of bad luck.

There are references in other threads here about memory leaks relating to transitioning between zones; it may be that the battles are just particularly bad for the leak, for whatever reason.

Hi, i have exactly the same problem when i try to play one of the helm's deep, sometimes i can make the battle, and it's crashed after, and sometimes it's crashed when i try to begin!, and only with the helm's deep!