We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

turn off the Userinterface

greetings,

i can't find an option to put off my UI. I play with the MAC-client. Am i completely blind or is there no option for it?

Quote Originally Posted by kijury View Post
    greetings,

i can't find an option to put off my UI. I play with the MAC-client. Am i completely blind or is there no option for it?
    Undocumented features ---

F12 toggles the UI on and off.
    F11 for screenshots.
    alt-F10 for "personal torch" (inside at night a light around you)
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (104)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (91)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Yea that would be the normal way, but it doesn't work. It turns the volume up or down and if i combine F12 with fn or something else, i get to the desktop.
    I think i have to deactivate the settings for F12 right?

The game doesn't capture the display when it goes full screen, so any keystrokes that are normally processed by the OS, like F12 which activates Dashboard, are still processed by the OS and the game never sees them. I submitted a bug report about this long ago, but another wouldn't hurt. A workaround is to hold the ctrl key while pressing F12. You could also change the Keyboard Shortcuts in System Preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by kijury View Post
    Yea that would be the normal way, but it doesn't work. It turns the volume up or down and if i combine F12 with fn or something else, i get to the desktop.
    I think i have to deactivate the settings for F12 right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Formengil View Post
    The game doesn't capture the display when it goes full screen, so any keystrokes that are normally processed by the OS, like F12 which activates Dashboard, are still processed by the OS and the game never sees them. I submitted a bug report about this long ago, but another wouldn't hurt. A workaround is to hold the ctrl key while pressing F12. You could also change the Keyboard Shortcuts in System Preferences.
    Actually, this is an OSX issue, not a LOTRO one. You have to enable the F keys.

How can I get F1 - F12 to work in game?

See: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mac_...ork_in_game.3F

All of this depends upon the Keyboard you are using. I use a USB Logitech 102-key Keyboard which detects as an ANSI keyboard -- so I get the F Keys with no issues.
    I also have 3 keys on the keyboard one causes the F keys to "do the Apple thing" (raise/lower volume, etc.), the other is the "Apple" key and the third the Alt-key.

Each Keyboard will provide different options in the System Preferences menu.

As far as I know, there is no way for a program to override the OSX controls.

The issue concerning Full-screen are completely different and not related to the Keyboard issue.
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (104)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (91)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Try using "ctrl + U" on the mac. It will toggle the UI.

Thanks much to everyone! Ctrl+U is the easiest way :-)

Have a nice day everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    As far as I know, there is no way for a program to override the OSX controls.
    There is. Many games do it.

The issue concerning Full-screen are completely different and not related to the Keyboard issue.
    Capturing the display does affect the handling of some keyboard events.