We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Vol 3 book 13

Vol 3 book 13

Ok, so there I was at helm's gate. Had a task waiting to talk to Eomer for the Westfold tasks. Now, since I was there, I completed book 13. Now, it appears I can't complete them. In fact it looks like I was stuck in the post-hornburg layer. No, stable, all routes were blocked, and Eomer was 8247m away. I needed to use my milestone skill and then stable ride back to the HD gate to get out of the layer and set evrything back to pre-battle layer. I could then interact with Eomer

Also, interaction with NPCs throughout book 13 caused my client to crash. Example, when I got [Iron Bracelet of the Hornburg], as soon as I selected the item with my mouse pointer, it crashed. This seemed to happen right after the exit of big battle instance then doing the quest turn in.

Very irritating.

It shouldn't be necessary to map out and stable ride back to Hornburg for that. Next to Gleowine are some interact-able doorways which will take you to the different time zone layers. Before dawn / after midnight etc.

The client crashing issue is also happening to me. Every time I return to an NPC in Hornburg to complete a quest, the game will crash. Every time I stable ride to Hornburg, the game will crash. It is most annoying. It has been mentioned elsewhere that there is a large memory leak causing this to happen. Hope it gets fixed real soon.
    [COLOR=#ffd700]I'm a Banana[/COLOR]

Can't Find Gamling

I'm not exactly having the same issue but I think it might be similar. I am currently on Volume III Book 13 Chapter 4. It is telling me to "talk to Gamling by the pile of straw near the western wall". I found a guy named "Old Gamling" under the bridge at Helm's Dike, but I don't think that is the right NPC as I cannot interact with him. I'm stuck...

I do remember being in Helm's Deep directly before trying to complete the quest which sounded as if I should ride back to Helm's Dike, but I could not get out of the Deep...I used my milestone back to Bree and traveled back to Helm's Dike only to find "Old Gamling"....

I have googled and searched the forums and this is the first post I've found about anything to do with Volume III Book 13. I'm thinking it is a very obvious solution so I didn't want to ask lol. Here it is anyway, sry to the op, didn't mean to make a question out of your question.

Quote Originally Posted by RTAragon View Post
    Ok, so there I was at helm's gate. Had a task waiting to talk to Eomer for the Westfold tasks. Now, since I was there, I completed book 13. Now, it appears I can't complete them. In fact it looks like I was stuck in the post-hornburg layer. No, stable, all routes were blocked, and Eomer was 8247m away. I needed to use my milestone skill and then stable ride back to the HD gate to get out of the layer and set evrything back to pre-battle layer. I could then interact with Eomer... Very irritating.
    I'm having a similar problem in that I've gotten ahead in the book quests and now I cannot find ANY side quests in Westfold, even with Eomer. I didn't even get a steering quest out of the Stonedeans. There's nothing for Marton, Grimslade or even HD itself in spite of many NPC's that look promising. I even went back and played with the various time layers near Gleowine. Nothing. What am I missing?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000001766/01008/signature.png] "Never meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup." Unless you play LotRO! [/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Tasara View Post
    What am I missing?
    Did you get the skill point from the Stonedeans? Right after you get that, you're given a quest to go to westfold and talk to Gandalf.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Did you get the skill point from the Stonedeans? Right after you get that, you're given a quest to go to westfold and talk to Gandalf.
    Yes, if you're referring to the quest, "Woodhurst Has Fallen" where one of the completion rewards is a Class Trait Point. Do you remember who gives out the quest and where? Is it one of the Rohirrim riders that gave me a similar quest near Edoras, earlier?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000001766/01008/signature.png] "Never meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup." Unless you play LotRO! [/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Tasara View Post
    Yes, if you're referring to the quest, "Woodhurst Has Fallen" where one of the completion rewards is a Class Trait Point. Do you remember who gives out the quest and where? Is it one of the Rohirrim riders that gave me a similar quest near Edoras, earlier?
    No. It's the same NPC that finished the quest.

I went through HD on 7 characters and have not once talked to a "rider". All of the non-epic quest chains lead directly to the next area after you get the skill point.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    No. It's the same NPC that finished the quest.

I went through HD on 7 characters and have not once talked to a "rider". All of the non-epic quest chains lead directly to the next area after you get the skill point.
    Interesting. Both of the toons I'm running thru HD have talked to a rider just outside Edoras that suggested I talk to Gandalf just before I headed for Aldburg. Anyway, as for the bigger problem (getting further quests in Westfold), nobody in Woodhurst has a ring or will talk to me, be it Gifemund or Herubrand or anyone else. Guess it's time to /bug it and hope for the best. *sigh* (EDIT) Submitted a ticket and got the problem resolved. I think LotRO's GM's are the best!
    Last edited by Tasara; Dec 11 2013 at 07:37 PM.

Yeah, I get those Riders pointing me back toward Gandalf two or three times as I level each toon up to 95. Happens on every toon. And they appear all over, in whatever town you happen to be in when you hit the right level.