We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Random Relic Pack help?

Sorry for the newb question, but how do I get this week's free sample on the online store, the Random Relic Pack x1? I've tried the search box with no luck (including just typing in the coupon code). Any help appreciated!

To use that coupon, you need to be logged into a character who is at least level 50. Relic packs are not visible from the character selection screen and they're also hidden from characters who are too low a level. If you don't have a level 50+ character, you cannot make use of this free sample, I'm afraid.

When logged into a suitable character, open up the Store and search for the item. (I'm not certain where relic packs ended up after the HD Store revamp and I currently don't have any character who could check this out.) Once you've found the item, click the "Quick Buy" button. You'll get a pop-up window asking to confirm the purchase. That window also has a field into which you can enter the coupon code for the free sample. Click "Apply Coupon" next to that field after typing in the code. The pop-up window should change now and state that the cost for your purchase will be 0 TP. Click "Buy" and you should be done.
    German, female, migrated from CodeMasters in 2011, Premium member, slow-leveller, pure PvEer and opposed to Forced Emotes - wherever I fit into the statistic, it's not in its middle.

Thanks Anyelir! That would explain the problem: I'm only level 22!

Quote Originally Posted by Anyelir View Post
    To use that coupon, you need to be logged into a character who is at least level 50. Relic packs are not visible from the character selection screen and they're also hidden from characters who are too low a level. If you don't have a level 50+ character, you cannot make use of this free sample, I'm afraid.

When logged into a suitable character, open up the Store and search for the item. (I'm not certain where relic packs ended up after the HD Store revamp and I currently don't have any character who could check this out.) Once you've found the item, click the "Quick Buy" button. You'll get a pop-up window asking to confirm the purchase. That window also has a field into which you can enter the coupon code for the free sample. Click "Apply Coupon" next to that field after typing in the code. The pop-up window should change now and state that the cost for your purchase will be 0 TP. Click "Buy" and you should be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvin View Post
    Thanks Anyelir! That would explain the problem: I'm only level 22!
    As this question comes up pretty much every time a high level item is the weekly coupon item, it would be nice if they could list the level requirement on the sale page.

And it is a little frustrating as I've a lvl 45 who has his legendary weapon - but can't use the coupon apparently. Sad.

I agree - this is just short sightedness on the part of the people who are posting these sales that a good part of the people who get these coupons are not of the required level.

They (Turbine) should:
    * Always post all requirements of a coupon instead of assuming anything about the potential consumer - lower level characters should get a consolation prize.
    * Item search's should ALWAYS hit in the store, regardless of prerequisites - bring up the item in the store and say there you can't buy it because you don't meet the prerequisites

I know this is not a new issue - as far as I know it has been a reoccurring issue for over 3 years and possibly longer.
    The message I get is that Turbine "Just doesn't care" that they are frustrating people and wasting their time.