We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quests of Stonedeans

Here is a list of all quests in the Stonedeans you can use as a check list to make sure you get the Skill point at the end of the chain.

To continue on from Broadacres...

+Broadacres+
    • Aid the Stonedeans

+Stonedeans+
    • 91 A Little More for the Road
      • 91 An Unbearable Road
      • Landscape - 91 Strandbera
    • 92 Onward to woodhurst

+woodhurst+
    • 92 Investigation of the Mead Hall
    • 92 Victims of the Attack
    • 92 The Council of Herubrand
    • 92 Changing of the Guard
      • 92 Rampant Anger
      • 91 The Former Guards
        • 92 Griefmun, the Mine Owner
        • 92 Offer of Protection
        • 92 A Lack of Support
    • 92 Elda Steps Aside
    • 92 working the Mine
    • 92 Hildeegard and the Fate of woodhurst
    • 92 The Ultimatum to Guard-Captain Thurferth
    • 92 Liberating woodhurst
    • 92 Aid for Brockbridge

If you have not yet finished Volume 3, Book 12, Chapter 9, do so. So, both quest and epic will send you to Brockbridge at the same time.

+Brockbrige+
    • 92 Thane Leoferth of Brockbridge
    • 92 Hungry Defenders
      • 92 Dulled by wear and tear
    • 92 Messenger of the Broken Siege
      • 92 Nagas, Overser of Brockbridge Siege
      • Landscape - 92 The Enemies Loss is Our Gain
      • Landscape - 92 war-machines in the Brockbrige Siege
      • Landscape - 92 Rain of Arrows from the Brockbrige Siege
    • 92 Siege Escalated
    • 92 Survivor at Flodgeheld

If you have not yet avanced Volume 3, Book 12, Chapter 10, do so.

+Madh-fushuam+
    • 92 Unmeasured Malice
      • Landscape - 92 Sentries Outside of Madh-Fushaum
      • Landscape - 92 A Grim Encounter
      • Landscape - 92 Siegebreakers of Madh-fushaum
      • Landscape - 92 Eyes an Ears of Mah-fushaum
      • Landscape - 92 Ballistae of Madh-fushaum
      • Landscape - 92 Food-stores in Mah-fushaum
      • Landscape - 92 The white Hand Army in Madh-Fushuam
      • Landscape - 92 The Captains of Madh-fushaum
    • 92 Follow the Trail

+woodhurst+
    • 92 Farm-fields of woodhurst
    • 92 Invitation for a Drink
    • 92 Persuaing Aid from Grapholt

+Grapholt+
      • 92 A Long Journey of the Steeds
      • 92 Tied Hands
      • 92 Preparing for Departure
    • 92 The Long Road to woodhurst

+Mate Isenore+
      • Landscape - 93 New Larborers of Mate Isenore
      • Landscape - 93 The Enemy has Taken Mate Isenore
      • Landscape - 93 Solen is as Good as New

+woodhurst+
    • Reinforcements for woodhurst
    • woodhurst has Fallen <<<<< Skill Point
    • To the westfold

+westfold+

How do you take
    92 Liberating woodhurst
    ? :-\
    Kibilturg; Watchers of Elendil (Landroval) & Tarciryan Knights (Crickhollow)
    RIP Imladris

Quote Originally Posted by Urwendil View Post
    How do you take
    92 Liberating woodhurst
    ? :-\
    It was offered immediately after completing The Ultimatum to Guard-Captain Thurferth. Did you complete all quests in the chain prior to it?

I think there may be a bug in the stone deans quest chain. I was only able to complete it after I picked up a chance quest inside mudh fashuam to observe grima talking to white hand leaders. I was just exploring and don't think I had a pre requisite to go there. Completing that quest opened up a series of quests that allowed me to finish.

Yes, I did all previous quests but no, I wasn't offered the follow-up.

Will try the explorer's way, thanks for the replies.
    RIP Imladris

Unmeasured Malice Create Turmoil

Although I've got 4/5 of Create Turmoil, I cannot get the 5th. I have no idea how I got 4. I have done everything else in Madh-fushaum including the Trolls and killed everything in the tent. How do I create turmoil?

Quote Originally Posted by Navra View Post
    Although I've got 4/5 of Create Turmoil, I cannot get the 5th. I have no idea how I got 4. I have done everything else in Madh-fushaum including the Trolls and killed everything in the tent. How do I create turmoil?
    Have you checked your quest log for open quests?

The quests needed should be auto-bestowed as soon as you scouted the outside, and should still be there unless you canceled one.

Thanks for posting. For some reason I couldn't get the quest after the Ultimatum for Wurfreth, the first time, but after a couple days I tried again and the Reeve gave it to me. Not sure if that's a bug or not but if anyone else has trouble with that, try and try again.

Unhappy

ty for the list, I have some problems here, after I turned in "The ultimatum to Guard Captain of Woodhurst", there is no more rings on him, and I did finish all the book 11, 12, and 13 book quests, now I couldn't continue my quests, please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post
    ty for the list, I have some problems here, after I turned in "The ultimatum to Guard Captain of Woodhurst", there is no more rings on him, and I did finish all the book 11, 12, and 13 book quests, now I couldn't continue my quests, please help.
    See the post above of Idiotvillage. It solved the problem for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiotvillage View Post
    I think there may be a bug in the stone deans quest chain. I was only able to complete it after I picked up a chance quest inside mudh fashuam to observe grima talking to white hand leaders. I was just exploring and don't think I had a pre requisite to go there. Completing that quest opened up a series of quests that allowed me to finish.
    Huh. Now this confuses me, because as far as I know I completed all the Stonedean quests (although I haven't compared to the list above) -- including killing Grima's bodyguards and running him off from that abandoned farm -- but I never got any quest that involved Grima talking to the White Hand. In fact, I remember being momentarily confused when Grima popped back up in the story. I'll have to go back to that camp and see.

Smile

I go back the farm house, found that a ring on Herubrand, and got continue quest from him, hope this help if anyone has the problem as i have before.

Thanks very much for the list (and the Broadacre list too). Please can you tell me where to get the "To the Westfold" quest - the one at the end of the list. Also have you by any chance done a list for Westfold quests?

I got the feeling there are more quests in the area, I skipped the ones requiring a fellowship and only had 48/50 for the deed. I went back to the area, planning to do the Nágas and Siegebreakers, but as I entered Madh-Fushaum I got a quest: "The Grima Influence", apparently you have to do "Grim encounter" before it'll show. The quest didn't seem to give a follow-up, but I'm still wondering about the deed. In all the other areas there's been more solo-quests than required, but something seems to be missing here...

Any other suggestions? I too am stuck before "Liberating Woodhurst" and I did the Grima quests?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000003d821e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Okay after witnessing grima talking to white hand leaders, did a bunch of quests for mudh fashuam trigger? Complete 5 quests to create havoc in the camp? If not I would try riding around in that camp to see whether those quests are auto bestowed.

Okay after witnessing grima talking to white hand leaders, did a bunch of quests for mudh fashuam trigger? Complete 5 quests to create havoc in the camp? If not I would try riding around in that camp to see whether those quests are auto bestowed.
    The 5 quests are granted when you scout the 4 points.

However, as he said, he has not gotten Liberating woodhurst, then it's more likely he has not completed Griefmun, Offer of Protection, and Lack of Support.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    The 5 quests are granted when you scout the 4 points.

However, as he said, he has not gotten Liberating woodhurst, then it's more likely he has not completed Griefmun, Offer of Protection, and Lack of Support.
    I did actually complete all those quests, I have done the quest chain, not sure what the deal is. I will try the scouting the 4 points.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000003d821e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post
    I go back the farm house, found that a ring on Herubrand, and got continue quest from him, hope this help if anyone has the problem as i have before.
    This is buggy I think. If you get carried away with the epic and go past this chain, timewise, it seems to close Herubrand's quest line. I searched for the next quest, after the 'working the mines' and Herubrand had no ring. Went to the Orc camp-got the killing Grima's body guards quest. But that was it. (No others). Finally put in a ticket after hunting in every town for next quest.

I had returned to Woodhurst while waiting for a response. Herubrand's cabin suddenly had a ring, saw him, and the rest of the chain opened-Hildeegard and the Fate of woodhurst etc.
    (Ticket was closed with no comment, so I'm not sure if the silent GM opened it or what.)

When I went back to orc camp madh fushuam, the Grima/Create turmoil etc. quest line opened.

Two things-you need to go inside the madh fushuam camp to get both 'kill Grima's bodyguards' and the later Grima/create turmoil ones. If you just ride nearby they may not auto-bestow.

Oh, and thanks so much for this guide! - at least I knew what quest to ask about in the ticket thanks to your guide.

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

Exclamation

My experience was essentially similar. After posting at this thread (a day or two later) I logged back in and there was a ring at the farmhouse. It is definitely bugged.
    RIP Imladris

Thanks for posting. I'm stuck at 18/50 for Stonedeans with all other quests but warbands done and 64/65 character points.
    (ie [img]LINK HERE[/img]).

The quest to kill Grima's Bodyguards opened questline back up for me

I too was stuck without the "Liberating Woodhurst" quest and had done all previous quests. I did get carried away by the epic and had finished it up to the epic battle so that may indeed be what is causing the buggy questline. Thanks for the suggestions given in this forum. I went to Madh-fushuam and managed to pick up "A Grim Encounter". After doing that quest Grima walked away from me and there was a long moment when the quest did not update but then all of a sudden it completed. I then rode back to Woodhurst to Herubrand in the basement and he had the quest ring and I was able to get "Liberating Woodhurst"
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002a3fe6/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoria View Post
    I too was stuck without the "Liberating Woodhurst" quest and had done all previous quests. I did get carried away by the epic and had finished it up to the epic battle so that may indeed be what is causing the buggy questline. Thanks for the suggestions given in this forum. I went to Madh-fushuam and managed to pick up "A Grim Encounter". After doing that quest Grima walked away from me and there was a long moment when the quest did not update but then all of a sudden it completed. I then rode back to Woodhurst to Herubrand in the basement and he had the quest ring and I was able to get "Liberating Woodhurst"

Hi, I am also having similar issues with the quests of stonedens, now I am stuck with only 6 of 50 from the deed. I never got the quest called "Aid The Stonedens" after Broadacres. After I finished The Broadacres Betrayed there was nothing more for me.. I went to the stonedens and all I got was A little more for the road, To the stonedens, then nothing at all after that.. so I rode through Madh-fushuam and picked up by auto bestowed A Grim Encounter & The Grima Influence, soon as I fished that one it sent me back to Herubrand in the basement, but after I turned in the quest, he had no more for me at all. So I rode back to Madh-fushuam to see if more would trigger killing trolls and everything I could and so far nothing and I rode all through the landscape and back to all the towns and now I am getting nothing at all.. I submitted a bug report and support but of course support can't help me there, but seems to be a bug somewhere.. and like a few others I got into the epic story line and ended up following that and then doing other questing I had not finished in other areas after the epic line, and I am sure I did them out of any order, but up till the Stonedens I have no problems at all in other areas and now I am stuck and not getting any quests to bestow or appear for me anywhere in the stonedens.

Any other suggestions? would be grateful... thank you

As far as I am aware, the 'aid the <areaname>' quests kick in off your level. Once you hit the qualifying level, then scouts start hanging around the gates for all the major cities,( I tend to pick mine up from either Aldburg or Edoras) until you talk to one of them to pick up its quest. From memory, the qualifying level for the helmingas areas( the last two) looks to be around 92/93. So with a bit of luck, you are just shy a level or two - and a bit of mindless hack and slash(slayer deeds?) will soon fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by wachkussen View Post
    Once you hit the qualifying level, then scouts start hanging around the gates for all the major cities,( I tend to pick mine up from either Aldburg or Edoras) until you talk to one of them to pick up its quest.
    But, the end quest of each area (when you get the trait point) will send you directly into the next area. So, if you ever get a quest from a scout NPC, you're doing it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by WildwindFire View Post
    I never got the quest called "Aid The Stonedens" after Broadacres. After I finished The Broadacres Betrayed there was nothing more for me..
    Chances are you, as wackussen noted, talked to a scout. Took the quest and went to the hunters east of Woodhurst...
    I went to the stonedens and all I got was A little more for the road, To the stonedens, then nothing at all after that..
    Then, you must have done something. Return to Woodhurst and run around looking for people with quest givers.
    If memory serves, it should be around near the fountain, or up by the Townhall.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast