We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New trait point help

I am going crazy researching my missing trait point. I have spent countless hours reading forums and looking at my completed logs.

I have a level 95 Champion who has 63 points available. I am missing 1 point due to the Blade Wall bug. I cant advance my Blade Wall (All In All) I am at 491/750 so that will award 1 point for finishing Tier 1. So that is 64 total.
    I have completed the Moria books, bought and read the book from rep with guards and I think I have done all class quests. Is there any suggestions or a full list of deeds and quests needed any help would be appreciated.

Dirue

Here is a current list of my points

Class deeds T1 bugged (All In All)..........1 point pending
    ---------------T2-T8............................ .....7 points
    Legendary Books 3 books done..............3 points
    Moria Guard rep book.......................... .1 point
    Class quest (Path to martial champ).......1 point
    Book 6 Moria Epic deed.........................1 point
    Helm Deep areas quests completed.......5 points
    Level 95............................ ................45 points
    Total......................... ........................64 points????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? ??????????????

Found my point see below

Check you completed quest log in the Broadacres section look for the level 91 quest The Broadacres Betrayed if it is missing that's where mine was. This single quest chain rewards a point separate form the point given for quests for broadacres.

Make sure you have completed Vol III Book 12 Chapter 8 then return to Stoke. Go to the Mead Hall and inside was a quest for me. This quest chain starts with Celebration Of Victory and end with The Broadacres Betrayed.

Hope this helps some of you as this was hours of research and asking many people for help. Thanks all
    Last edited by Shurie; Nov 28 2013 at 07:38 PM.

I am having the same issue with my LM.

I started HD with 55 points and I've now finished everything in HD and am at 64 points.

There are some bugged quests which could be causing the problem... but I've done all the "Complete quests in XYX region" deeds.
    I'm also level 95.

So somewhere I'm missing a point... sigh...
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

youre missing a racial deed you never opened or one of the class books you need to buy off the dwarves in Moria, those are the most likely possibilities.

Did you complete your level 45 class quest? The one which involves gathering all the items from Angmar instances. I believe it awarded Controlled Burn to Champs.

It would be a nice feature on the trees if there was a checklist, or a meta-deed in our books, which shows ones we still need.
    The Balrog lives!! Oh, and give MECCG a try.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000002be0/01008/signature.png]Eladrath[/charsig]

looks like a racial to me fromthe list

I have all my racial deeds completed as well as all my class deeds. I have also completed every deed in Moria.

It looks like you're missing a class skill deed (the old: use x skill # many times) - since the max should be eight points, and yours is at seven.

Try using Ebbing Ire or Battle Frenzy to see if the new deed pops up. Or any other skill you haven't tried yet.

Or perhaps it's one of the class quests from lvl 15 and lvl 30? Those are also tied in to the new meta deeds.
    [COLOR=#ffd700]I'm a Banana[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by rodarin View Post
    looks like a racial to me fromthe list

I have looked at all the racial deeds I have completed them and none of them on my completed list award trait points. Can you name the deed even if it is for your race? I have done hours of research and this is the first I hear of a trait point being awarded for any racial deed. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by melyjely View Post
    It looks like you're missing a class skill deed (the old: use x skill # many times) - since the max should be eight points, and yours is at seven.

Try using Ebbing Ire or Battle Frenzy to see if the new deed pops up. Or any other skill you haven't tried yet.

Or perhaps it's one of the class quests from lvl 15 and lvl 30? Those are also tied in to the new meta deeds.

Sorry wish it was that easy. the list above says all class deeds complete T1-T8 except one All In All and it is bugged I have a ticket in for it. so I am at 63 (plus the one pending) total of 64

Oops sorry, I should have paid more attention to that - you already mentioned the blade wall bug.

On 2nd glance it would seem you are missing the lvl 45 class quest Articles of Valour that eorl67 mentioned earlier.

Here is a summary of the new points:
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    The Class and Legendary trait system was replaced by the Class tree system. Press J to access it.
    You first choose a path, then assign points. Points assigned in your chosen path only cost 1 Skill point, other paths cost 2 Skill points.

As of now, you can have a total of 65 Skill points at lvl 95.
    • You get 45 Skill points from leveling; 1 for every odd level from 7-95.
    • You get 8 Skill points from Class Deeds; There are 8 Meta Deeds, each consisting of a Class skill deed, including the lvl 15 and 30 Class quest.
    • You get 7 Skill points from what were your Legendary Traits;
      • 3 Skill points from finding all the pages of the 3 deeds.
      • 1 Skill point from the lvl 45 Class quest.
      • 1 Skill point from reading the Book from Moria Guards after becoming Kin.
      • 1 Skill point from the lvl 58 Class quest.
      • 1 Skill point from completing Volume 2, Books 1-6.

• You get 5 Skill points from quests in each of the 5 areas in Helm's Deep.
    [COLOR=#ffd700]I'm a Banana[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by melyjely View Post
    Oops sorry, I should have paid more attention to that - you already mentioned the blade wall bug.

On 2nd glance it would seem you are missing the lvl 45 class quest Articles of Valour that eorl67 mentioned earlier.

Here is a summary of the new points:
    Ok thanks I finished the quest articles of valor and in the quest log that does not award a trait point. A Lesson From Gimli is a 50 class quest and it did award a point as mentioned.

Found my point.

Check you completed quest log in the Broadacres section look for the level 91 quest The Broadacres Betrayed if it is missing that's where mine was. This single quest chain rewards a point separate form the point given for quests for broadacres.

Make sure you have completed Vol III Book 12 Chapter 8 then return to Stoke. Go to the Mead Hall and inside was a quest for me. This quest chain starts with Celebration Of Victory and end with The Broadacres Betrayed.

Hope this helps some of you as this was hours of research and asking many people for help. Thanks all

Just a clarification: skill points from West Rohan areas are given on completion of quest lines not the 50-quest deed. I think i miss mine from the you-know-which-famous-bugged-quest and need to do the fix suggested from turbine.
    Marolytrien 100CHP - Drysra 100 HNT - Lonien 100 MNS - Barovius 97 CPT - Strafro 85 GRD

Quote Originally Posted by Marolytrien View Post
    Just a clarification: skill points from West Rohan areas are given on completion of quest lines not the 50-quest deed. I think i miss mine from the you-know-which-famous-bugged-quest and need to do the fix suggested from turbine.

Not correct this is why I posted finding my point.... I had already completed the 5 area quest completions and had those 5 points. I went back and this single quest The Broadacres Betrayed awards a trait point. You can not progress to this quest line until you complete Vol III Book 12 Chapter 8. Its just a place to look if you are missing one point. Good luck

Trait Point Situation is a Travesty

I have read this and several other threads on this subject. I am just before putting LOTRO in the closet permanently after having subscribed to the game since its original release and being a paying customer since the start of FTP. I have 9 L85 characters. My main is a Hunter who is now L92. All nine of these toons started the xpac with between 46 to 52 TPs instead of the 55 possible. My Hunter once completing the Tier Deeds had 49 or 50 TPs. I have gone back and looked at all his deeds and cannot find any incomplete deed that award TPs. I will not waste my time in running around Moria or wherever for this fiasco. Obviously they are all going to be gimped hich is unacceptable to me. Personally I think this is the worst expansion yet for LOTRO. The only character improvement function is the trait trees which might be OK if the Devs had thought ahead about the impact on L85s. I know I am not alone in this criticism. I have a number of friends who are on the verge of leaving the game for the same reason. Additionally I have warned other friends who were thinking about coming back to save their money.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000002491f/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]