We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Then, you have talked to the NPC at the south gate of Stoke?
    If you're talking about Hulac...he DOES have a ring over his head now I see...but it's GRAY ...and I can't talk to him. Now I recall seeing that a day or so ago, and figuring I needed to gain a level or 2. But you're saying he's the start of the entire Broadacres quest chain ?

Quote Originally Posted by Occum View Post
    If you're talking about Hulac...he DOES have a ring over his head now I see...but it's GRAY ...and I can't talk to him. Now I recall seeing that a day or so ago, and figuring I needed to gain a level or 2. But you're saying he's the start of the entire Broadacres quest chain ?
    What level where you "a day or so ago"? Answering the Call is a lvl 89 quest, Securing Stoke is lvl 90. So, if you were 84, then it would make sense why you stopped getting quests. Though, I have to wonder why you entered into HD before lvl 85.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    What level where you "a day or so ago"? Answering the Call is a lvl 89 quest, Securing Stoke is lvl 90. So, if you were 84, then it would make sense why you stopped getting quests. Though, I have to wonder why you entered into HD before lvl 85.
    I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to this...Thank you.

I've been lvl 86-88 for at about 2 or 3..or 4 weeks (I lost track), and have progressed through Western Rohan just fine that way. I have purposely slowed leveling w/ the level disabler. That's never been an issue before because...as you said...one can pick up quests 5 levels below where you are. It sounds like perhaps that is no longer true and I need to grind up a level before that NPC at the south gate will talk to me. [odd - since I just got the lvl 92 epic quest (Chapter 8) to take me to the next region]

For anyone interested....

An in-game GM said I had to be lvl 90 to talk to Hulac, the NPC south of Stoke, to start any quest chain in Broadacres. [edit] I'm level 88.

Quite a change from the ability to take quests 4 or so levels higher than your character level, just for the challenge. That's a shame. Though it's odd that I DID get the epic quest that's 4 levels higher than my level...the one taking me to the area after Broadacres.

And a shout-out to that GM...I initially got a "we don't give game hints...go to LOTRO-wiki or the Advice channel" response. I responded that the advice channel response was that they didn't know, and Wiki didn't have anything on Broadacres yet. Then they came on and after a bit agreed to help.
    Last edited by Occum; Jan 24 2014 at 10:19 PM.

OK, my last post in this thread...for anyone who may get there under-leveled (I reached it at Level 88, on purpose).

HaleElven's OP is excellent, and gives you a good run-through of the quests here. At level 88 I could not get a quest.

OP says:
    "Due to "phasing issues" you have to complete Volume 3, Book 12 Chapter 8. Finish Chapter 7, if you have not done so and start Chapter 8.

Run to woodhurst. Complete Chapeter 8. Pick up Chapter 9. Return to Stoke.
    Do NOT talk to anyone. Do NOT take any quests. Do NOT pass Go. Do NOT collect $200. Do NOT take candy from strangers. Do NOT talk about Fight Club."

Plus, I had an in-game GM tell me I had to be lvl 90 to start the quest chain in the OP.

Neither is quite true. There is, however, apparently some phasing issue for low-level characters as HaleElven says. I got up to lvl 89 in Stonedeans, but still could not start Broadacres quests. I did get to Chapter 9, but still no. But I once I finished Chapter 9 and accepted Chapter 10, Broadacres opened up for me at level 89.

Thanks again HaleElven for listing this quest chain and getting me on the right path.

Neither is quite true. There is, however, apparently some phasing issue for low-level characters as HaleElven says.
    Ummm... No. There IS a Phasing issue with the quests in Broadacres that DOES require you to advance the Epic quest into the Stonedeans before the Braodacres quest chain can be completed.

Just because you haven't gotten there yet, possibly because you deliberately went into the expansion under leveled and this specific area isn't offering the initial quests to you within the 5 level range as normal, does NOT mean that the Phasing issue doesn't exist.

I'd say more but...

Quote Originally Posted by Iarkrad View Post
    I've completed up through the Broadacres betrayed, but Aid for Stonedeans won't show up for some reason... Which sucks, since i'm pretty much now at a dead end for west Rohan questing. Are there any quests that are optional for the Broadacres Betrayed, but required for Aid for Stonedeans? Also, attempted a ticket, didn't get any help.
    I too didn't get this quest "Aid the Stonedeans" after finishing the quest arc, which left me a bit stumped, but checking my quest log, I do have "To the Stonedeans" that I must have picked up along the way somewhere, which leads to the same next quest in "Aid the Stonedeans": "A little more for the road". Strange.

Hi ...so I just completed the quest: Broadacres Betrayed... but I didn't seem to get any follow up quest. What do I do now?
    History became legend, and legend became myth, and some things that should not have been forgotten were lost...

Quote Originally Posted by maradakia View Post
    Hi ...so I just completed the quest: Broadacres Betrayed... but I didn't seem to get any follow up quest. What do I do now?
    If the NPC didn't follow-up "Aid the Stonedeans", then it's most likely you've talked to one of the "Westemnet Scout" and already accepted the quest.

And, since each quest chains leads directly into the next (Kinstead -> Eastfold -> Broadacres -> Stonedeans -> Westfold), taking a quest from a Scout is doing it wrong.

I checked my quest log, completed quests and current quests > I don't have anything called Aid the Stonedeans.

Not sure what to do
    History became legend, and legend became myth, and some things that should not have been forgotten were lost...

Quote Originally Posted by DCameron View Post
    I too didn't get this quest "Aid the Stonedeans" after finishing the quest arc, which left me a bit stumped, but checking my quest log, I do have "To the Stonedeans" that I must have picked up along the way somewhere, which leads to the same next quest in "Aid the Stonedeans": "A little more for the road". Strange.
    Even though I got no follow up quest from Torferth, and don't have "Aid the Stonedeans" in my active or completed quests, I do have the quest: "To the Stonedeans". If I just proceed with that will I have missed anything? Hmm

I had been stuck with no way to proceed earlier on because when I did "Gifts for the Children", in Stoke, and went to turn it in with the Reeve, but saw other quests rings there on the guy standing next to her, so I thought maybe I'm supposed to do that first, and might not be able to after I turn in "Gifts for the Children", so I picked that other quest up first = "Ride Against the Goblins". When I completed that there was another one from an NPC standing next to the Reeve, so I did that too, which I think was "Brigands in the Wild".

When I finished those quests which I had thought were side-quests, I still had "Gifts for the Children", but I was no longer able to turn it in. I tried logging out and back and whatever, but nothing worked. I was totally stuck.

I entered a ticket, and a GM came to help me pretty soon, and he/she advanced the quest for me, and then I was fine : )

So be careful - do Not take one of those other quests from the NPCs next to the Reeve until AFTER you turn in "Gifts for the Children".

It may seem obvious to some people, but this is a buggy and problematic way it's set up. The ring for the others quests shouldn't appear until after you turn in "Gifts for the Children". It shouldn't be a gamble that might screw up your game just by taking another quests that is put right in front of you. Not everyone is going to be looking at a thread like this one until AFTER they had a problem.

.............................. ................

I was fine until... I handed in "Broadacres Betrayed". Then I was confused and stuck again (or so I thought). Torferth didn't give me any quest to continue with. It was disconcerting because the quest dialogue said "This is a terrible time, however, for Fríthbert is not yet old enough to lead the people of the Broadacres....'" And then you click Finish... and nothing comes afterwards : P It definitely makes you feel like something is broken.

I tried an online search for advice, and saw that I was supposed to have received "Aid the Stonedeans" when I turned in "Broadacres Betrayed", but I didn't.

After reading this thread I saw someone mentioned that if we had the quest "To the Stonedeans", that we might be able to just use that to proceed.

So I went forward to see if I could progress without problems, just following "To the Stonedeans".

On the road a little bit east of Woodhurst (Rhovanion: Stonedeans: 46.5S, 76.3W), I found a couple of NPCs next to a tent and a wagon = Oter and Stithwulf.

I was able to pick up the quests "A Little More for the Road" and "An Unbearable Road" from them, and when I headed a little ways south up the hill there the landscape quest "Strangbera" popped up for me.

I turned those three in, and was given "Onward to Woodhurst".

So, unless it turns out otherwise, it appears that if you don't get "Aid the Stonedeans", but you do have "To the Stonedeans" from earlier, then you are fine : )

I hope if someone else gets stuck, that this might help them.

.............................. ..............................

N.B. I think you have to assume most people will not be following a list like the OP made in this thread, unless they already encountered some problem. There are too many places where simply behaving in a normal fashion in questing in this area > picking up quests when we see them, which is normal > where the result is a bug where you can't proceed.

This guide is very helpful after the fact for those who are having problems, but the primary solution needs to be fixing the quests themselves I think.

I have a problem in this area that I hope you guys can shed some light on. I've been diligently questing through Western Rohan with my captain and have found everything to be really quite straightforward, i.e. none of the quests or mobs encountered have caused me any concern. Until just recently. I am now having all kinds of trouble completing the quest "The Broadacres Betrayed" where solo quests have never been an issue for me before. I manage to take out the first mob but not without significant morale loss of my own and the NPC I'm supposed to keep alive, then the second mob quite quickly kills one of us and I fail the instance. I'm lvl 92 and the quest is supposed to be solo lvl 91. I also had trouble with the quest before this one where you have to kill the three mounted brigands and their mounted captain. I ended up having to enlist help with that one. It feels like I'm missing something, everything else in Rohan has been remarkably easy on level and this feels like a huge and sudden jump upwards in difficulty. My searches online haven't found anything that would suggest others have experienced the same so I thought I would ask the question of you all, did you find these two quests to be significantly more difficult solo than all the other content leading up to it? Appreciate your thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemouse View Post
    I have a problem in this area that I hope you guys can shed some light on. I've been diligently questing through Western Rohan with my captain and have found everything to be really quite straightforward, i.e. none of the quests or mobs encountered have caused me any concern. Until just recently. I am now having all kinds of trouble completing the quest "The Broadacres Betrayed" where solo quests have never been an issue for me before. I manage to take out the first mob but not without significant morale loss of my own and the NPC I'm supposed to keep alive, then the second mob quite quickly kills one of us and I fail the instance. I'm lvl 92 and the quest is supposed to be solo lvl 91. I also had trouble with the quest before this one where you have to kill the three mounted brigands and their mounted captain. I ended up having to enlist help with that one. It feels like I'm missing something, everything else in Rohan has been remarkably easy on level and this feels like a huge and sudden jump upwards in difficulty. My searches online haven't found anything that would suggest others have experienced the same so I thought I would ask the question of you all, did you find these two quests to be significantly more difficult solo than all the other content leading up to it? Appreciate your thoughts!
    Did you try this after the latest update (13.1)? Post update 13, I died countless times on the mounted combat quest until finally completing it and I could not complete the final instance and had the same problems as you (this was on a level 95 burglar).

I just went back and tried "Broadacres Betrayed" after the 13.1 update and it is much better. I suggest to give it another try now if you haven't since the update. Haven't done the mounted combat quest post update though so not sure if that has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrumisgreen View Post
    Did you try this after the latest update (13.1)? Post update 13, I died countless times on the mounted combat quest until finally completing it and I could not complete the final instance and had the same problems as you (this was on a level 95 burglar).

I just went back and tried "Broadacres Betrayed" after the 13.1 update and it is much better. I suggest to give it another try now if you haven't since the update. Haven't done the mounted combat quest post update though so not sure if that has changed.
    Thanks for your response! I was actually attempting Broadacres Betrayed in the hour before the servers went offline for the 13.1 update yesterday so I'll definitely give it a go this evening. Would be great if all is well again, it was incredibly frustrating how easily I was being killed. Will report back with my findings.

EDIT: I had another go at this quest after installing the 13.1 update and I'm pleased to report that the difficulty has returned to normal solo levels! I was able to complete the quest on my first attempt where previously I couldn't even get past the second mob. Odd that there was no mention of this in the patch notes.
    Last edited by Pamplemouse; May 06 2014 at 05:42 PM.

I got up to lvl 89 in Stonedeans, but still could not start Broadacres quests. I did get to Chapter 9, but still no. But I once I finished Chapter 9 and accepted Chapter 10, Broadacres opened up for me at level 89.
    Sorry to totally necro, but lotro-wiki is down and I'm one of three players hung up here at level 87 with info for future players also stuck. We had gotten Ch. 8 already. I went and did 9 per this thread, but am too low level to get Ch. 10, as the google cache of lotro-wiki says it is a level 93 quest (so need to be 88+).

So we are stuck, no quests available at all until we grind two-thirds of a level to get to 88 unfortunately. :-( Fingers are crossed that per Occum's info we'll be able to do Ch. 10 then, and have Broadacres become available.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    I'm one of three players hung up here at level 87 with info for future players also stuck.
    That's why. For some reason, it appears that the Broadacres quests are only available to those that are on-level (ie. lvl 90+).

So, hopefully there's some content you skipped over that you can go back to for some quick leveling. I hear Hytbold is nice this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel94 View Post
    who gives the foul intentions quest? i finished servants of saruman but couldn´t find out where to get foul intentions
    I have had this issue today. There is no follow on from Cenulf after servants of saruman, no quest item in my bag, no quest available from the Thane.

So now im stuck in Oserley unable to continue there (im 95).

Ive been waiting over 3 hours for a GM response.

You would think they would have fixed this by now.
    Hunter & alts on Snowborne since 2007, now on Evernight.

In order to start Foul Intentions you have to have completed Fingers of the White Hand. You need the ominous note that is found on one of the leaders.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2