We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Saddness for Lotro and HD, Its a miss for me

Hi, I did not really want a lengthy debate on my thoughts about HD. I could have launched into why the expansion should not have gone ahead, brought up the many faults within the game, but no as I have said before I have been gaming for so long a lot of you were not born then. I know myself that nothings perfect in this world and in fact I broke one of my rules on a developing game and that is, Personally I never go for a new game or expansion because I know they will be full of teething problems.

Why do we have a forum? its not so much the players can thrash out things amongst themselves, it is in fact a tool for the developers to get ideas, fix glitches because no one wants to report one and finally to see the views of all the players. Lotro is not just American but worldwide. The opinions matter if it is from Japan, Sweden or any place else.

I have my own kin and also was in the as I see it one of the best kins. I am from the UK but I am the leader of a kin from Australia and New Zealand and my other kin is from around the Globe for its membership. The point I am making is that the collective opinion will influence Lotro more. My views where just for that. I do like a good debate at any time with fellow players and I think all your inputs will be ( I hope ) taken on board by Lotro and a balanced view will be achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by ukbelgarion View Post
    Hi
    I am 62 years young and had a puter for ever and played on-line games since they have been around. Never ever have I played the game whereby my hero has to clean up/collect dirty plates and other menial task so often in the game play. It tells me that the developer's are either off there heads or run out of ideas.
    I could remember my first character braving the depths of Moria (instances, raids and all), coming out alive on the other side and meeting the elves of Lothlorien for the first time. And what was one of the things they asked her to do before they'd let her in Lothlorien? Why, to go around and pick up orc filth of course. (She's an elf too, shouldn't that count for something?)

It's just the devs way of letting you know that no matter how far you've come and what you've done, you're never too good to pick up other people's sh*t.
    Relax, it's only just a string of 1s and 0s.

Quote Originally Posted by BangoTwinkletoes View Post
    also both disappointing & frustrating to come across quests that involve fetching, carrying & cleaning up. My character is mean to be a hero, the Lord of the Ashen Wastes who overthrew Mordirith, the victor of Thaulach, Scourge of Khazad Dum and I can go on and on. Do we really have to serve food and clean up rubbish after others?
    I don't know if was intentional, but the feel of HD seems to be that you are just another body taking up space - no feeling of heroism - this extends to BB/EB where you are just in the way of the Rohirrim and orcs beating on each other.

I'm going to make a couple comments here that may or may not be relevent to this thread, anyway..... I really enjoyed RoR other than for it's lack of raid content, and yes I did enjoy Hytbold. The Erebor stuff aside from some intense moments in "Flight" were pretty meh. I'm starting to get the sense that WB/Turbine have made some $$$ over the years and at this point for lack of a better term are on cruise control.

Many things in this expansion are 'patterned' after East Rohan. It feels very routine. Look at the crafting tiers, they are just copy/pasting recipes and recipe names and mat names. 'Eastement xyz' cut/paste to "westemnet xyz'. No craft instances, no dailies unless you count HD Epic Battles. So an Eorlingas scroll of Delving costs like 300 Westemnet iron coins. What happens when someone runs out of coins and has done all their quests? They can't get anything else from faction vendors. Anyway I hope devs have pushed out BB and class changes but left a couple of other things out to finish up working on. I think this is an ok expansion, but expected more. I'm sure a lot of the work done was for BB and class changes, landscape content is extremely easy, I have to purposefully pull like 8 mobs to have a decent fight, all the classes are op. Devs hadn't really even looked at the Moors before or during beta, aside from a GV camp one round. I mean some of this tells me this game is slowly grinding down, and coming to a conclusion within the next 2 years. That's why I say that the design AND gameplay all feels routine and on cruise control. Side-quests in BB can be challenging but thats about it.

Durrga R13 Hunter *Highguard of Numenor /Medwulf (semi-retired) R10 Champ / Vei the Burg R9

Quote Originally Posted by medwulf View Post
    Many things in this expansion are 'patterned' after East Rohan. It feels very routine. Look at the crafting tiers, they are just copy/pasting recipes and recipe names and mat names. 'Eastement xyz' cut/paste to "westemnet xyz'. No craft instances, no dailies unless you count HD Epic Battles. So an Eorlingas scroll of Delving costs like 300 Westemnet iron coins. What happens when someone runs out of coins and has done all their quests? They can't get anything else from faction vendors. Anyway I hope devs have pushed out BB and class changes but left a couple of other things out to finish up working on. I think this is an ok expansion, but expected more. I'm sure a lot of the work done was for BB and class changes, landscape content is extremely easy, I have to purposefully pull like 8 mobs to have a decent fight, all the classes are op. Devs hadn't really even looked at the Moors before or during beta, aside from a GV camp one round. I mean some of this tells me this game is slowly grinding down, and coming to a conclusion within the next 2 years. That's why I say that the design AND gameplay all feels routine and on cruise control. Side-quests in BB can be challenging but thats about it.
    I think, perhaps, you are missing the point that the past 2 expansions cover one entire region - Rohan?

The developers did explain their reasoning for splitting Rohan into 2 parts. In short, they did not think they could do Rohan "justice" by trying to fit all of Rohan into 1 expansion. They needed 2 expansions to adequately tell *all* of the stories involving Rohan. In fact, I would argue that Rohan should be worth 3 full expansions to truly cover all of the lore surrounding Rohan. And, I would argue that we've gotten 3 expansions involving Rohan... RoI focused on Isengard/Dunland but it really just began to tell the story of the conflict between the Dunlendings and Rohirrim... which Saruman took advantage of to help bolster his orcs with reinforcements. Then we got the Great River portion of Rohan which began to tell of the deception Saruman used to undermine Rohan's defenses.
    Riders of Rohan was the expansion that first took us into the heart of Rohan and further expounded on the stories begun in RoI and Great River. Now, we have the Helms Deep expansion which, in large part, focuses on the major conflicts we already know (either book or movie) and brings us to the point of the great battle at Helms Deep.
    Dagranhad - Burglar | Aldgarea - Loremaster | Barathrothir - Hunter | Golladhar - Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrossbow View Post
    Forgive my bluntness, but I think some have forgotten what this game is about. It is about getting a chance to immerse yourself in the stories of Middle Earth. And, given that this is an MMO, that does not mean every quest needs to involve combat. If you are expecting a game where combat is all you ever do, go play some other game. I enjoy the combat portions of the game. But, I also get the point of the "menial" tasks. Those menial tasks give you a chance to interact with the characters that populate Middle Earth in a way that killing more orcs doesn't.

The really "good" heroes are not just the ones who can go slay 1000 orcs, climb the mountain, and slay the dragon. The true heroes are the ones humble enough to stop and help that old lady with a few tasks so she can feel safe at night. *You* are there to help quell the fears and worries of the people you meet. Sure, they will be grateful that you slew that entire orc camp. But, you are also the person they look to for hope in these dark times. While picking up boar droppings may not be the most satisfying task, doing so gives hope to those who are just trying to survive.

In the case of all the minor tasks around Edoras, you need to keep in mind that these people have just been told to evacuate the "capital" and seek shelter elsewhere. There is a lot to do to get all those people ready to leave. Again, you may dislike having to clean up dishes, but it does help move things along and remove an extra burden from people who are preparing for the War of the Ring to come to their very doorstep.

Again, if you don't appreciate the kind of immersion that can frequently involve a lot of minor tasks... well, then I suppose this game isn't for you.
    Interestingly the quest chain in Woodhurst worked quite well. ok there was a bit of too'ing a fro'ing but there was plotting and intrigue and it was good to see the story played out to its conclusion. The Stangard story line was also of a similar vien. That did not require constant combat, of endless hack n slash, just well-written plots that drop us in the thick of the turmoil of western Rohan. That was what I would like to see more of rather than quests full of menial tasks. My character is a hobbit who has become a celebrated hero, not a scullery maid.

However not quite sure I follow your last point, does that mean that because I'm offering as suggestion as to a change of emphasis to quest plot lines I should instead be looking to play another game? Can you explain?
    It must be your PC...

Hi
    I am 62 years young and had a puter for ever and played on-line games since they have been around. Never ever have I played the game whereby my hero has to clean up/collect dirty plates and other menial task so often in the game play. It tells me that the developer's are either off there heads or run out of ideas....
    Finally, what's with all the NPC's want to talk you to death. Take all that together of what I have said and I made a mistake of buying the expansion. You need new blood at Lotro.(or Turbine)
    So you don't want to read so much, and you just want to kill stuff over and over. You can do this in any modern RPG/MMO. LotRO is distinguishing itself as a game by being literate and intelligent in its writing while reducing the importance of endless killing.

This is like telling an art museum front desk that you made a mistake buying the ticket, and they need newer paintings at the art museum.
    Elven Adventuress UI ~ Newbie Guide To Playing LotRO ~ Guide To Dual-Boxing LotRO

Hi
    I am 62 years young and had a puter for ever and played on-line games since they have been around. Never ever have I played the game whereby my hero has to clean up/collect dirty plates and other menial task so often in the game play. It tells me that the developer's are either off there heads or run out of ideas.

When you first of all buy a game and then if it is playable you commit yourself follow it to the bitter end. I do not expect to be doing menial task that mean absolutely nothing, bears no relation with the game or the story what so ever. Now I fail to see the reason for most of this boring stuff in the game. Its not part of the Book,Film or anyway related to having fun.

Players as far as I know do not want a walk over and be able to solve things in one go as you have made the game. We want a reasonable challenge to use our well earned equipment, weapons and other stuff that makes it possible to defeat a foe. Not to wear an apron and work in a kitchen.

I also do not want to be ripped off. Tactilely putting up prices so once you go onto HD you pay 5tp for every thing. I have re-evaluate my spending on Lotro, I average a purchase of points 1 or maybe twice a week, I am now moving towards Once a month.

I am losing many friends to other games because they cant afford or will not pay the sky high prices for not only in priced goods but also expansions.

Finally, what's with all the NPC's want to talk you to death. Take all that together of what I have said and I made a mistake of buying the expansion. You need new blood at Lotro.(or Turbine)
    You need to think a bit about what makes something interesting enough for people to sign up and pay (or not pay) to play any MMO. As has been mentioned, if the books were followed to the letter of the Lore, you would have no game. Codemasters then Turbine/Warner had to take a lot of license in creating and continuing this game in order to attract paying customers and then keep then coming back with quest packs and expansions. It might not be perfect and yes, you might have to be an errand boy or girl, just close your eyes, put a peg on your nose and get through those clean up quests. :P The point is to enjoy the journey that is Middle Earth in the form that this game takes. If you can't or don't want to you have other choices and so do your friends.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

Quote Originally Posted by Taravith View Post

Given how much it lags when you're riding alone on a plain, I doubt that'd be technically feasible. And given how much attention was given to many aspects of the expansion (in intention anyway) I'll bet the devs did consider that possibility.
    You would of hoped still that the lag issues would of been fixed by now eek!
    Unofficial Snowbourn Events Team Leader
    Founder of Element Zero Gaming Group
    Element Zero - Snowbourn
    [url]www.ez-guild.com[/url] or [url]www.twitter.com/honvik[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by medwulf View Post
    I'm going to make a couple comments here that may or may not be relevent to this thread, anyway..... I really enjoyed RoR other than for it's lack of raid content, and yes I did enjoy Hytbold. The Erebor stuff aside from some intense moments in "Flight" were pretty meh. I'm starting to get the sense that WB/Turbine have made some $$$ over the years and at this point for lack of a better term are on cruise control.

Whow are you at level 85?

Quote Originally Posted by BangoTwinkletoes View Post
    That was what I would like to see more of rather than quests full of menial tasks. My character is a hobbit who has become a celebrated hero, not a scullery maid.

However not quite sure I follow your last point, does that mean that because I'm offering as suggestion as to a change of emphasis to quest plot lines I should instead be looking to play another game? Can you explain?
    Several years ago, the "Starz" movie channel did a series focusing on the story of King Arthur. I am not sure how "true" to the story they were but I enjoyed it thoroughly because it covered the years during which Arthur had to endure a lot of hardships building up his kingdom... and his legend.

There was also quite a bit of focus given to Morgan/Morgana and her attempts to claim the crown. At first, she attempted to make alliances with various [former] enemies of her father... attempting to get them to essentially kill off Arthur for her. That attempt failed miserably. At one point in the story, one of her advisers gives her guidance.
    The words of this adviser said something like "You need to make allies with the common folks... merchants, traders, and the leaders of villages... they are the ones who have the most influence."

In other words, while it is good to have alliances with kings, queens, and other nobility. But, it is far more important to have friends among the common folks. They are the ones who will decide whether or not to respect... and follow your leadership. Basically, you need that foundation of trust with the "man on the street".

So, while menial tasks can be annoying, I think we need to look at it from our character's point of view. Yes, you may be a celebrated hero... but only among the areas you have already visited. Your "fame" will often travel ahead of you. But, the people of the individual villages you encounter are still needing to be convinced that you measure up to what they have heard about you... or it is all the more likely that you need to start "fresh" with people who have never heard your name.

I agree that the developers need to have a good balance... and not have too many menial tasks... but often times the menial tasks are your ticket to "getting your foot in the door" with the folks. Or, in the case of Edoras, the menial tasks are intended to help get the people out of danger a lot sooner.
    Dagranhad - Burglar | Aldgarea - Loremaster | Barathrothir - Hunter | Golladhar - Captain

Sooo.. That's..it? (Spoilers for the end of the epic quest)

You defend the Hornburg and Theoden king is about to ride out and meet with his reinforcements and crush the fighting Uruk-Hai and Gleowine says to grab a banner and ride out with him for glory and death and, and!

- You instantly warp to after the battle and everything is over, and Erkenbrand is nowhere to be found, not to mention the army he just brought, and there's.. sort of a shockingly small amount of corpses.. and everyone is crying.. and you want to as well maybe, because the climax of the whole expansion literally named after Helms Deep hyping up this point (you even spend a big chunk of time in the Westfold rallying the reinforcements!) just got skipped over.

Dude. Not Cool. I feel like I paid for a feast, and I prepared it carefully and as I was about to finally take a bite I blacked out and woke up and all my guests were gone and I was missing 40 dollars.

Or.. am I missing something?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000019969f/01008/signature.png]Avarust[/charsig]

You're missing that gone are the days of instances being released with expansions. And it hasn't been since the old 1.8.5 that epic questlines were connected to instance play.

The lack of even a cut scene was tangentially answered here:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...09#post7016009

My guess is that some sort of instance is forthcoming and will cover this gap in the storyline (and I could be wrong, it might be a new skirmish or even mounted combat).

Updates are getting more peculiar in how they introduce minor improvements like increasing stack sizes (or, this time it was the logout timer) to make you think the game is more convenient to play, while cutting corners with things we can only hope will be fixed later, such as no tier 9 recipie categories in the AH, or the recycled crafting icons (and take a look at the icon for the Compendium of Middle-earth, Volume V for another nice example).

Forgive my bluntness, but I think some have forgotten what this game is about. It is about getting a chance to immerse yourself in the stories of Middle Earth. And, given that this is an MMO, that does not mean every quest needs to involve combat. If you are expecting a game where combat is all you ever do, go play some other game. I enjoy the combat portions of the game. But, I also get the point of the "menial" tasks. Those menial tasks give you a chance to interact with the characters that populate Middle Earth in a way that killing more orcs doesn't.

The really "good" heroes are not just the ones who can go slay 1000 orcs, climb the mountain, and slay the dragon. The true heroes are the ones humble enough to stop and help that old lady with a few tasks so she can feel safe at night. *You* are there to help quell the fears and worries of the people you meet. Sure, they will be grateful that you slew that entire orc camp. But, you are also the person they look to for hope in these dark times. While picking up boar droppings may not be the most satisfying task, doing so gives hope to those who are just trying to survive.

In the case of all the minor tasks around Edoras, you need to keep in mind that these people have just been told to evacuate the "capital" and seek shelter elsewhere. There is a lot to do to get all those people ready to leave. Again, you may dislike having to clean up dishes, but it does help move things along and remove an extra burden from people who are preparing for the War of the Ring to come to their very doorstep.

Again, if you don't appreciate the kind of immersion that can frequently involve a lot of minor tasks... well, then I suppose this game isn't for you.

This entire post pretty sums up my opinion on the matter. The part about helping a little old lady is a great example.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

And don't forget that the game is in phases also... I think some of the seemingly mindless run around quests are so the graphics can phase to the next part... Also, every single person who complains about the quests should have to give an example of what they do instead!... What would be your favorite quest?... Then I'm sure Turbine would have so ,many wonderful ideas they would simply have to put out an expansion a month!...~nods~

Nice post - I agree entirely with the thrust of your argument. I like the variety in what we do, even if I mutter under my breath every time I shovel poop Plus, the mundane throws the epic into even greater contrast.
    The Balrog lives!! Oh, and give MECCG a try.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000002be0/01008/signature.png]Eladrath[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Ghashgul View Post
    You defend the Hornburg and Theoden king is about to ride out and meet with his reinforcements and crush the fighting Uruk-Hai and Gleowine says to grab a banner and ride out with him for glory and death and, and!

- You instantly warp to after the battle and everything is over, and Erkenbrand is nowhere to be found, not to mention the army he just brought, and there's.. sort of a shockingly small amount of corpses.. and everyone is crying.. and you want to as well maybe, because the climax of the whole expansion literally named after Helms Deep hyping up this point (you even spend a big chunk of time in the Westfold rallying the reinforcements!) just got skipped over.

Dude. Not Cool. I feel like I paid for a feast, and I prepared it carefully and as I was about to finally take a bite I blacked out and woke up and all my guests were gone and I was missing 40 dollars.

Or.. am I missing something?
    roflmfao......I couldn't even make it through the epic quest line after the third battle....I was bored, already pissed off with the changes, confused with another new reward system....and just stopped....I just don't want to do it.....I hates it, my precious.

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    Listen, just because I don't agree that Helm's Deep "sux," doesn't mean I'm bullying people. I will let you think what you want though. Enjoy.
    exactly what you are doing and saying that you are not doing.....is disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasFlora View Post
    roflmfao......I couldn't even make it through the epic quest line after the third battle....I was bored, already pissed off with the changes, confused with another new reward system....and just stopped....I just don't want to do it.....I hates it, my precious.
    Do what I did: start the big battle, move your character someplace safe, go make a snack, do some cleaning etc then come back in 20 minutes when it is done. Then you can move to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghashgul View Post

- You instantly warp to after the battle and everything is over.
    Sounds more like:

> Please insert Mithril Coins to continue <

Absolutely NOT! The expansion is littered with Half finished content. Bugs and everything else. Where to begin...... not even going to beat a dead horse its the same EVERY expansion pack. Give turbine the benefit of the doubt and think maybe they got their act together and hired some Competent people to program the game and take pride and have passion in their work. ( A.K.A Professional Pride) and they keep working with what ever they are designing and get it to work correctly or don't release it at all. so you pre order to only be let down in the end.

Nothing to see move along here...... But atlas you cant get your money back so you stuck with this Junk the way it is till they get around to fixing it at their leisure.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000339569/01003/signature.png]Sanbor[/charsig]

it looks all nice but couldnt keep my attention too long, got to 86 and continued my road in tyria...
    ~Eldar~

Overall I like the expansion but am a bit disappointed in the laziness of some of the graphics. Every Westmnet crafting graphic is exactly the same as the equivilant Eastmnet icon. Ore, wood, everything. Wouldnt have taken long to at least change the color.

Really lazy devs.

The landscape is OK, no better than ROR but not bad
    landscape quests is good, but way too easy
    epic quests is good

Class change is obviously unfinished and thoughtless.
    The balance is all in a mass, I can finish 8 ranged landscape mobs with my hunter in quests gear. Too easy to lvl up.
    New threat method is ridiculous. Don't want to play warden anymore as wardens can hardly tank at all. And my friends who play guardian cannot tank as he used either.
    These class changes need A GREAT DEAL of adjustment.
    And please do it faster and remember to give back the old threat system.
    DPS=threat is just ridiculous, it makes all tank class the same and boring.
    The tanks just do AOE DPS and click the force attack skills whenever they are available! This is BORING!

Good things:

+ Big battles are generally fun to do, and they actually got those really nice and immersive.
    + Big time sink allowed into big battles, and I didnt exspect any actual progression in your character from one BB to another. This is a big plus
    + The lanscape is as always really astonishing and immersive, but I feel a lack of reason to actually explore it.
    + Challenge quest! Although they weren't really hard, I think it was an amazing idea and really good. Class balance shouldnt drag that down.
    + New lewtz in the scaled instances! Woot, lewtz!
    + New lewtz in skirmish raids! WOOT!
    + Alternative option to get class jewellery. You do not have to farm instances (or raids duh :P) to get 176 seals. First of 176 seals is not really THAT much, considering its an alternative option to fill out the last piece of a set. That is how I view it at least ^^.
    + Class changes are nice, all the specs feel really unique. And I mean that. Loged a few of my alts, and especially the yellow burglar looked very interresting :P They really got that one right on the needle.

Neutral things:
    ? Seals removed from instances. Good because seals were really, or perhaps, a raid currency and where too easy to get? Bad, I felt there was good and plenty of reasons to raid even though you got seals from instances. Both is fun, I might have prefered less seals from instance and/or more seals from raids, but yeah.
    ? No new raids instances. I dont know. Why do we need that? I agree I would want that, but considering this expansion is Helms Deep, and we actually got a raid, I don't see the problem. It would just prolong the launch and make the HD BB seem awkward. But on the flip side, come on... It would have been awesome. Next update or this may aswell count as the biggest of bad things :P!!
    ? Bugs. Yes sucks, but they will always be there. I don't think it is tremendously worse than anything really. In comparison to the stories I hear from the latest triple A tittles, this is nothing. Although I agree its bad, and they should feel bad about rushing content all the time, it is not that bad. It is more than playable.

Bad things:
    - no new armour set! Why!! Recolor some old helegrod/annuminas/BG/Rohan/rift set whatever I don't care, just give me a set :P And all is good.
    - As above, no new pvp set. Though I disagree with audacity, I can only say ettenmoors is in a bad state not only cause of this :P.
    - The modernized way lotro and other MMORPGs have evolved, into something unimmersive in general.
    - No new class and cluster specific gold items! Why? It was so amazing having the most shiny piece of awesome in the reason to go into every single dungeon scaled up to max level. And it was cluster specific, so you could chose not to go into certain instances if you whished! Aww I miss them. Removed because people HAVE to be able to get everything, and get lunatic when they think they deserved it more than somebody else. Through RoR I got seals enough for 3 FA for myself, 2 for my alt, and the greater erebor set. All I got was a tank head. And? It was nice to have some reason, some top or thing you didnt have yet. You always had at least 1 gold item you didnt have (damn you if you didnt :P). I whish they would bring them back, it was one of the things I really braged about and loved about lotro in RoR.
    - Quest, some of them are really good and fun, but most of them are strange and there is way too much shire going on in nowadays. I don't want to collect herbs and and deliver stuff for people. Or yes sometimes, but not ALL the time! I want to slaughter an orc camp, best mighty dragons and save someone from the gribs of angry wood trolls. Come on, just ones in a while. :P I am a champ, I need blood on my weapon!
    - Quest linearity, I am too tired to spell that right. But, quests are to liniear. Way too liniear. The epic book is liniear, fine! Quest lines are liniear, also fine! Because they tell a story. But all the quests are not supposed to be liniear and streamlined from a to z! This is were the game lose immersion. Let me go to a random town and help the people I think speak a good coarse and have fair rewards! Don't try to force a story down my throat everywhere I go, you can do that with the epic quest and THE QUEST LINES. It makes the whole experience more dull for me. WoW did the same in cataclysm and streamlined every single quest in-game, you know what most people believe to be the worst wow expansion? Yes, indeed.
    - Block items for champs! Just why.. Arrh. And please increase the drop rate on dps items. There are two dps specs, so logically dps items should drop 2/3 of times. Like a guard who has two tank specs? I dont know, should have tank items 2/3 of times. Yes they did nice things to my blue line :P but I still prefer to do dmg, and since most do that, it does not logically make sense to shove this into our faces.
    - Epic quest, boring. Just flat out boring. Some parts where nice, like the summoning with everyone on their horses and stuff - awesome. Or the fields after helms deep after the battle, really awesome I loathed that. But the rest was a bit meh.. It was like, why am I doing this? Help this town, go around this town randomly, speak to this guy, chase this mysterious dangerous man. All this nonsense, man. Let me kill a lot of stuff saving some things. Let me summon the rest of the rohirrim. Let me experience the preprarations (I did do that, and it was great, but heavily underdone :/). I don't wanna carry out every day deeds following nona, currudan and horn, doing random stuff that makes no sense. Doing random stuff and everyday deeds is for the quests or the quest lines, not the EPIC quests. The epic quest feels more like something you are supposed to be doing this season, rather than this awesome story and experience you can have from a long quest line. I hate horn, I dont need him. Nona can go away for the what? THIRD TIME FOR ALL I CARE. Curudan is nice, but I still dont really want to hang around them babysitting me and streamlining me through this expansion.
    - Every piece of content is now horribly easy. Now even more text:
    Why do I think classes are so overpowered now? Because they just introduced them, and there were a lot of hate towards them. Making them overpowered would make you think they are better than the old system. Like you cannot really go, this is worse than before I do zero damage. Or I do zero healing. Or I can only tank one mob. A lot more buttons to push, which is quite nice because it usually feels you need to push the right one.
    What everyone is moaning about however, is the content difficulty, which is not really the class balance - is it? No, its just unfinnished and unpolished by turbine. Maybe intentional as above described. I really exspect to see a flat damage/morale increase on instance/skirmishes, and new/old instances/raids with difficulty matching the class changes.
    Give turbine some time, and eventually (that is what I hope) they will get around to rebalance mobs (health, damage, etc.) and they will give us new instances/raids to play with that are hard.
    Notice that this is a content balance problem, not a class balance problem. Yes everyone is OP, so noone is OP! Except everyone really isn't.. They just forgot to buff the E in PvE!

Which is quite a bommer.

Turbine, stop listening to people :P. They don't know what they want. Hell, if I hated the game like most people I have read, then I wouldnt even care getting past lvl 10.
    Have hard instances, think for a second to let more people enjoy that. Boom, now its too easy. You make it hard. Boom, now its way too hard and everyone is complaining its too hard! You cannot please everyone, and chasing two hares at the same time, wont get you any of them!

Damn I got a little lose on the latter topics, but I could discuss this for hours. Whatever, you dont have to read all of it :P kudos if you did.

Thanks for reading, even if you didnt read everything.

~Frathir.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast