We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldarian_Grace View Post
    Big battles - try and get a platinum medal AFK. see how that goes.
    Agreed 100%

Lack of challenge - there hasn't been any challenge on landscape for a while. But actually I'm finding some of the new warbands challenging, where as bugud and kramp were perfectly easy. I find myself one shotting things much more on foot than mounted as a hunter atleast.
    Once again, agreed... I got slaughtered by a solo warband, haha.

Though the lack of new instances does bother me, it's not as old to me as longer term players and teaching them to new kinnies should provide enough interest for me tbh. That and big battles aren't a no no to me unlike yourself and apparently many others.
    I have been assisting my kinnies as well, they are quite enjoying the expansion at this point.

They are completely different and require different tactics and a different mindset. AFKing doesn't get you anywhere so don't be so flippant.
    +100 Rep.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    1. "All you want to do is try and label these people as whiners who are whining for whinings sake."
    A. I refuse to discredit anyone's opinion, I understand that everyone may have their own. No where in any of my posts to I see myself calling them "whiners."

2. "Are you not reading the forums? people have tried them , there are hundreds of posts telling you exactly why they dont like them, what they find wrong with them"
    A. So, are you telling me that just because others are finding quirks, I should share that opinion, and hate the expansion? I have run into 1 or 2 bugs since launch, and they were minor. Maybe I'm just lucky?

3. "why is it so hard to grasp that people could play this , try it out, give it a chance and still detest it?"
    A. I understand where you are coming from, and I understand that people have the right to detest it, if they at least took the time to learn it. If you don't even want to try and understand it(which some people haven't), you won't get very far, so I can see how you would want to detest it if you don't look to understand.
    Look I agree fully with you, people need to give HD a chance , they need to play BBs (all of them), they need to play with their trees, they need to do it all, but a lot of people have, and they still dont like it.

I am not saying you should find quirks, or dislike things at all, but you have to respect that other people dont, and to say they havent tried it is false, they have, sure some people have logged on launched a surface to air teddy and left, big deal, they were always going to do that, and you will never get them back playing and spending money, they dont concern me, the people who do concern me ( and I am one of these) is the people who do want to play lotro, but find the game as it is , boring, simple and restrictive, it offers no enjoyment to me, other than the lore it has no pull anymore.

Is that terminal? no , if things changed and the game started offering an interesting challenge, focused more on group content like Ost Dunhoth and RoI and The Rift etc, then I would more than likely come back and I firmly believe that a lot of people share those feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilda View Post
    - buged skills,
    I haven't heard any reports from any of my friends, nor myself, concerning bugged skills. What evidence can you provide of this?

- buged quests
    This, I can actually comment on... The one that was glitched is kind of like the one in Wildermore. I believe they are dealing with this issue.

- buged mobs
    Again, I haven't seen any bugged mobs. Can you give me some more detail?

- missing pvp equip
    Hmm... I don't PvP much, but I can understand where this comes from...

- buged tanking with warden (don't know about other classes)
    One of my close friends in LoTRO is a warden, haven't heard anything from him about bugged tanking. Can you provide more details?

- buged BB
    I have run all five big battles a day, since launch, and I have experienced no "bugs." Can you give me more detail?

- not finished class changes
    Actually, on all of my classes, and my friends classes, they are perfectly happy with the changes as is. But, I can understand where some are coming from on this.

[QUOTE=Vilda;7019868]- missing items (pots)[/QUOTE

And I doubt we will see this, as there is a skill for almost every class to remove stuff like fears, posions, and wounds.

And you think that reaction of community is ugly?
    Yes, yes I do.

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by Andthelion View Post
    Look I agree fully with you, people need to give HD a chance , they need to play BBs (all of them), they need to play with their trees, they need to do it all, but a lot of people have, and they still dont like it.

I am not saying you should find quirks, or dislike things at all, but you have to respect that other people dont, and to say they havent tried it is false, they have, sure some people have logged on launched a surface to air teddy and left, big deal, they were always going to do that, and you will never get them back playing and spending money, they dont concern me, the people who do concern me ( and I am one of these) is the people who do want to play lotro, but find the game as it is , boring, simple and restrictive, it offers no enjoyment to me, other than the lore it has no pull anymore.

Is that terminal? no , if things changed and the game started offering an interesting challenge, focused more on group content like Ost Dunhoth and RoI and The Rift etc, then I would more than likely come back and I firmly believe that a lot of people share those feelings.
    look i will accept class changes what i will not accept is something that feels like a RTS game no thanks

Since I bought it with turbine points that I had accumulated from playing/being a lifer, it didn't cost me anything.

But it's pretty much the weakest EP so far.

I liked the Skirmish system in Mirkwood. Was it perfect? No, but all in all, it worked pretty well, with a variety of different scenarios you could play. Big battles are like skirmishes, except you aren't the main motivator, the NPCs are. You are basically just a bystander, helping occasionally. Can your actions affect the medal you score? Sure. But they don't really affect the battle.

Beyond that, they just aren't fun. They feel like busy work. Or a series of QTEs. Click this, click that, don't think, just do what it says.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen1981 View Post
    look i will accept class changes what i will not accept is something that feels like a RTS game no thanks
    And no one is forcing you to.

I haven't heard any reports from any of my friends, nor myself, concerning bugged skills. What evidence can you provide of this?

This, I can actually comment on... The one that was glitched is kind of like the one in Wildermore. I believe they are dealing with this issue.

Again, I haven't seen any bugged mobs. Can you give me some more detail?

Hmm... I don't PvP much, but I can understand where this comes from...

One of my close friends in LoTRO is a warden, haven't heard anything from him about bugged tanking. Can you provide more details?

I have run all five big battles a day, since launch, and I have experienced no "bugs." Can you give me more detail?

Actually, on all of my classes, and my friends classes, they are perfectly happy with the changes as is. But, I can understand where some are coming from on this.
    I don't have to write some evidences, everyone who plays it, knows what i am talking about...

Commander Liliam - the Warden

Not sure if you have read my posts fully , but I hate the changes, for me they have changed the game completely from an mmo to a phone app game with a nice sightseeing tour to boot, but I was responding to Robbie's comment that people should try it before they criticise it, and if after they do that they still hate it, then come here and tell the world.

I don't have to write some evidences, everyone who plays it, knows what i am talking about...
    I played it, all the way through.

And if you want me to see your point, I'd need some evidence about what's going on. Like I said, maybe I'm just lucky, haven't run in to any major bugs.

Give them until 12.1. I am almost POSITIVE(Which I hardly ever am) sure stuff will change.
    Problem is that 12.1 should be initial release of HD. Launching product in such state as it was done by Turbine shows lack of respect to their customers.
    I'm really not against the HD itself (lots of cool ideas) but I'm against that the work on them was unfinished and in fact we're playing beta version of HD, at list until 12.1 released. There is a tolerance for bugs in MMOs, but Turbine has gone too far in my opinion.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e000000294a24/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Ratharim View Post
    Problem is that 12.1 should be initial release of HD. Launching product in such state as it was done by Turbine shows lack of respect to their customers.
    I'm really not against the HD itself (lots of cool ideas) but I'm against that the work on them was unfinished and in fact we're playing beta version of HD, at list until 12.1 released. There is a tolerance for bugs in MMOs, but Turbine has gone too far in my opinion.
    I see where you come from, but do you remember update 10, part 1? When they scaled Barad Guldur? I believe that was supposed to be done at RoR launch.

Yes, there is only a certain tolerance for bugs, but, like I said, Maybe I'm lucky, I haven't found any major bugs.

Thanks OP was looking for a thread like this. I'm going to post my feedback without reading everyone else's first so I am not influenced.

Storylines are good, feels nice to be involved with the fellowship characters again.
    I actually like the class revamp for my hunter. Its been fun playing around and some cool new skills in there. Trapper is actually good fun
    I like some of the music
    I feel like I am back in the world again.
    Big Battles are an interesting introduction to the game and IMO best played with friends. The idea of completing strategic tasks in a complex situation is a nice new element to the game. Our kin is having fun doing these.
    Some interesting out of the way Warbands have been fun.
    Extra house storage

Dislikes
    Landscape way to easy. In fact it is below easy.
    Levelling is too fast, people getting to 95 is a day is clearly ridiculous. Too much xp for quests, too easy to get 2nd agers and nice shinies so early into the game diminishes any sense of achievement. The pace of the game is too quick too soon.
    No challenging quests, dungeons, zones, tasks, deeds is a disappointment.
    I'm not sure that BBs will remain interesting enough for long enough. time will tell.
    A new raid would have been good.
    I don't feel that there is any situation , apart from pvp which is up in the air at the moment, that really calls for us to test our new trait lines to the limits or calls for any form of optimisation beyond a cosmetic approach.
    Bring back rare elites.
    The nerfed Cry of the predator and the old heightened senses based on tracking should be brought back as core hunter skills
    Extra house storage too expensive

I do think it is better than ROI and ROR. For me ROR was the worst expac so far.

all in all 6/10

thanks
    Last edited by Martigan; Nov 28 2013 at 08:09 AM.

Satisfied Yes and No..
    Yes
    + I haven't experienced any bug
    + great story, landscape, great-battles, class changes

No
    - music
    - EASY DIFFICULTY (This is serious problem for me. At the beginning I was fine with all changes BUT I play less and less each day. Game became too boring IMHO)
    [color=#ffbc15]Elves - Dusreth (HNT95), Dusriel (RK90), Dusaran (WRD70), Dusraen (LM56), Dusador (GRD44),
    Mortals - Dusgar (CPT36), ...
    Laurelin server[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Andthelion View Post
    Not sure if you have read my posts fully , but I hate the changes, for me they have changed the game completely from an mmo to a phone app game with a nice sightseeing tour to boot, but I was responding to Robbie's comment that people should try it before they criticise it, and if after they do that they still hate it, then come here and tell the world.
    i do to but everytime i bring up about how bad i hate the 2 point penalty i get blasted for it and its pretty sad if a champ is spec AOE their better off just spam AOE on a single target

i do to but everytime i bring up about how bad i hate the 2 point penalty i get blasted for it and its pretty sad if a champ is spec AOE their better off just spam AOE on a single target
    Oh I know and I know exactly what happens if you bring up criticism you troll you just kidding.

The 2 points penalty has to go its causing so many problems for so many people and is the a huge factor in restricting builds, I also think a few more points are needed as well.

Anyone has the right to say that didn't like the expansion. IMO its a great expansion.

EB needs polishment, but its not a terrible work, the problem is that its only challenging in group sizes.

I loved the class changes and traits. If they reverted back to what it was, i'd surely quit the game.

Landscape quests and mobs are too easy. This is not the end of the world, they only need to adjust mobs status. The problem is that low lvl players cant be punished if endgame players are too strong. So its not an easy work, since they gonna need to revamp mobs statuses region by region and do not a "global" change.

PVP needs to update, it will happen, so I won't complain about that tho I wanted to play it!

I won't stop supporting the game cause of some minor problems, the game will surely evolve and get better, but it needs time, work and feedback. Saying thing like "its ####!" "its terrible" "everyone hates it!" "everyone wants it like it was before!" wont help! If u like and want a better game help point the problems and things that need adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by trcanberra View Post
    Just wondering how many threads you are going to copy and paste this into? I have no issue with what you wish to say - your post and all- but some new points would be nice to see.
    He is voicing his opinions in as many threads as he likes....I like this, cause it reinforces the disappointment across the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Melunielsigh View Post
    It's been 8 days after release and many players have actually hit lv95 and completed big battles.

So I wonder did HD gave you sense of satisfaction?

Are you happy with it? Was it boring , enjoyable or just too easy? You disappointed?

My opinion:

Lets go with positive things

+ Beautiful landscape - best so far esp Eastfold. Helm's deep look is captured nicely.
    + Class trait system overhaul / some minor improvements in PVE ( craftin,travel, etc )
    + I feel so small in big battles!!! ( only thing )
    + Middle-earth feels more alive

Bonus update

-Decent Music imo ( bad to many )
    -Class trait revamp , again many do not like it

Negative

- Ultra easy difficulty overall - No challenge at all.
    - Big battles are boring and not exciting - Yea go AFK, Don't die. After 20 min Battle won! Woho!
    - Completely broken PVMP / Lack of new gear for freeps.Creeps feel ilke they need skill revamp , too little CD , esp BA.
    - Lack of new instances/raids - Not cool.
    - Mounted combat is joke and dull ( 1 shooting mobs )
    - HD performance overall ( freezes,crashes,lag,skill delay , worst so far ) horrible FPS drop even on high end machines 16 -30 FPS. Almost non believable.
    - Some items at STORE F example Gift of Valar lvl 50 instant.
    - Seal grind for new gear - Ridiculous 1 piece 188 seals. 1 instance 7 seals.
    - Missing quests and npcs
    -"Tiresome" and boring re-grinding of past now old instances like SG,GB etc..

Final score: 4/10 Bad. And I was been generous.

Weakest expansion yet.

What about you?

And yes this is semi- Q_Q thread coming from older player since It's shame how

Game went so low...I had high expectations with Helm's Deep but more I played it more disappointment it build.

Sigh.

Premium forever.
    I agree with most of your comments except I would put the Trait Tree change into the Negative comments area. Personally I would only give the expansion 2/10. I am extremely disappointed in it. I have been a paying customer since the release of the original game but am about to put LOTRO in the closet for good.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000002491f/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I am lifetimer sub and casual player for about 5 years. Reason: Tolkien.

I could give several negatives and a few positives for HD: all of them allready mentioned.

Premature launch of new products and systematical use of customers as quality testers has become a habbit taken passed the acceptable limit imo - not only turbine and not only "games".

A positive thing of great importance to my kin: BB style of battles/instances is new to me and the Kin i serve (Tears of the Valar, Evernight). Big Battles has made it possible for kinnies to grp up across lvl barriere and do fine training. That has been a very good thing for us. The task of coordinating activities in BB is usefull even when it comes to overcome "bug"

So: HD works but turbine need do some fast repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by HoldumDown View Post
    I don't get all this love for the Helms Deep Landscape. I respect your right to have an opinion but I can only assume most people think "Oh pretty!" without thinking too hard about it. I picture Rohan as mostly open grassland and savanna with stretches of prairie-like farmland in the more temperate regions. Any town with plenty of horses riding through it will not look like a giant herb garden or lavender hillside. I was fearful that one quest in Aldburg might be a "mow the grass" epic.
    You're right, I'm referring to the general design versus landscape. Landscape itself (that i was exposed to) is not much different than the RoR landscape, and I didn't see much on my trek to Edoras as I followed the epic. I'm referring to the tombs prior to entering Edoras, Edoras is decent and I like Meduseld. I'm (perhaps easily) impressed with the smaller details.

Angry No

Nothing else needs to be said.....

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan21 View Post
    I agree with most of your comments except I would put the Trait Tree change into the Negative comments area. Personally I would only give the expansion 2/10. I am extremely disappointed in it. I have been a paying customer since the release of the original game but am about to put LOTRO in the closet for good.
    Agreed.....2/10...maybe even 1.9/10 or 1.8 or 1.7....hmmmm

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    I cant speak for the Helm's Deep content specifically as I don't have it yet, but I am very much enjoying the trait trees on my alt characters whom I'm running through the lower areas. Not having to run to a trainer every two levels when out in the middle of nowhere (looking at you Lone Lands and Trollshaws) is a major plus. Also liking multi-tree setp.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Well, if you were at work at your boss said, "Ok, we're changing a few things about your job, you can either leave now, or accept these changes." What would you do? You would start relearning your job to incorporate those new tasks.

All I have heard these past few days is, "I don't like these changes."

Give them until 12.1. I am almost POSITIVE(Which I hardly ever am) sure stuff will change.

And quite frankly: If you don't want to adjust to a change that might improve the game in the long run, no one is forcing you to. You can just as easily log out, uninstall, and never come back. Plain as that. Now, I'm not suggesting you do this, but it is an option open to you.

Right. They are saying they don't like these changes, because they refuse to even try them. One of my closest friends sat down, opened the trait panel, looked at in for about five seconds and said, "Well, time to delete all my characters and cancel my subscription! Bye, Glorg!" FIVE SECONDS. He refused to even look to see what the traits did.

A lot of people don't like the idea of trait trees in LoTRO, but I will tell you, it took me 15 minutes to learn how to play my captain in one spec. About 45 minutes for a three. It doesn't take that long if you are will to sit down for a bit and look at the changes?
    This "ain't" my job.

Agreed 100%

Once again, agreed... I got slaughtered by a solo warband, haha.

I have been assisting my kinnies as well, they are quite enjoying the expansion at this point.

+100 Rep.
    Oh, there's two that like it.....lol

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast