We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KillGore81 View Post
    I really wonder where their time went with developing this expansion. "Endgame" is 5 BBs that's buggy as hell. There's no new traditional instances or raids that have anything to with Rohan. It's just the same old scaled #### that was boring since RoI. Furthermore, if you want seals, they're only dropping from Thadur, HV and SG now.
    Seals can be gotten from...

Some 6-mans like Thadur, HV, SG for completing the challenges... as it should be.

Most 12-mans award them. Join up with a group running Barad Guldur Tier 2. You'll get 32 seals for the whole run if you complete all the challenges, plus additional rewards.

The instances that do not drop seals have (to some extent) received an increase in the other rewards/currency. Just about every instance you have a pretty good chance of receiving a "teal" jewelry, armor, etc... which makes getting those things less of a grind.

The Big Battles are quite fun... and a good addition to our entire repertoire of available instances... if you are willing to take the time to learn how to run them properly and put forth a little effort. FYI, just standing there afk for 20 minutes does NOT just let you win, let alone give you a chance at the nice teal/gold jewelry that you can get from them.
    Dagranhad - Burglar | Aldgarea - Loremaster | Barathrothir - Hunter | Golladhar - Captain

Every BB I did it was "Oh, it's over?"

Some heartrenching story-telling/immersion going down.

Love all the people on the LOTRO forums who have this faux-veteran mentality, too. They are delivered a putrid expansion and react with "Ever-was" BS that anyone who played in SoA knows is BS. "Nothing new here" can be translated to "stop criticizing the game."
    [center]Dum spiro, spero - Cicero
    Alexandrov, R9
    Stanimir, R7
    Kollontai, noob
    [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    That goes both ways, you know...

Those who say they like it are just as attacked by the haters, being called Turbine sympathizers, fanboys, etc. Both sides are equally guilty of attacking the other. So don't try to insinuate it's just the people who dislike it are the only ones becoming a victim.
    indeed... so what goes wrong here then?

Quote Originally Posted by evguenil View Post
    Nothing new here. Those who enjoy the expansion are busy playing it and those who aren't satisfied have plenty of time to complain on forums.
    You can't find the truth on forum.
    The ones complaining on the forums are the ones that should be taken notice of. The ones that have said "enough" and just quietly quit won't be coming back unless whatever situation that caused them to quit in the first place is resolved and the only ones that are going to get that message across are the ones that are still around but are vocal on the forums trying to bring change or improvements which not only will stop them eventually quitting but might bring some of the ones that have already gone back.

No game will last long with only people who like everything being the only posters around.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrossbow View Post

Some 6-mans like Thadur, HV, SG for completing the challenges... as it should be.

Most 12-mans award them. Join up with a group running Barad Guldur Tier 2. You'll get 32 seals for the whole run if you complete all the challenges, plus additional rewards.

The instances that do not drop seals have (to some extent) received an increase in the other rewards/currency. Just about every instance you have a pretty good chance of receiving a "teal" jewelry, armor, etc... which makes getting those things less of a grind.

The Big Battles are quite fun... and a good addition to our entire repertoire of available instances... if you are willing to take the time to learn how to run them properly and put forth a little effort. FYI, just standing there afk for 20 minutes does NOT just let you win, let alone give you a chance at the nice teal/gold jewelry that you can get from them.
    I would not count on 6-mans giving seals. My understanding from beta is it was intended only raid content - 12-mans - were to give seals. I could be wrong, but that might be something up for a change.

EDIT: This just in with 12.1...

Instances, Raids, Skirmishes
    •Haudh Valandil and Sammath Gul challenge modes should no longer provide seals.
    Last edited by Beaniemooch; Dec 06 2013 at 08:38 PM.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

over 500 problems/things fixed with 12.1 ... i appreciate that they fix something, on the other hand this company should be really ashamed of their half finished addon they released for this price. D&D online gets several new updates next year with new raid and revamped content, what do we get? Also I miss the news about the housing changes they promised us for this year (perhaps it is some kind of new etten map joke). There's just nothing to "improve" your avatar at 95 if you have already gotten the HD jewellery. Just grinding crafting shards and doing daily BigBattles for achieving points is not my idea of fun gameplay in the long run. The landscape and quest Devs did a great job with HD but unfortunately that's all. So I'm really not satisfied. Also deleting or closing politely written critism threads in this forum is not getting us anywhere. People jumping out of their dark solo-styled fangorn idea of a MMO and screaming:"play something else, if you don't like it!" expected in 3,2,1...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferathyr View Post
    The ones complaining on the forums are the ones that should be taken notice of. The ones that have said "enough" and just quietly quit won't be coming back unless whatever situation that caused them to quit in the first place is resolved and the only ones that are going to get that message across are the ones that are still around but are vocal on the forums trying to bring change or improvements which not only will stop them eventually quitting but might bring some of the ones that have already gone back.

No game will last long with only people who like everything being the only posters around.
    I don't see that at all. People who complain on forums are not unique, not extra special, not more knowledgeable, & not representative. I don't see much evidence that they're accurate. I don't want to be dominated by a vocal minority, and I'm not seeing constructive criticism for the most part. I'm seeing the same old 'game is terrible' kind of thing that exists on every game forum, everywhere. It's not unique, it's not different, & it's not helpful at all. It's negative & depressing, & the reality is, there are negative & depressing people. I don't believe we need to listen to them & cater to them any more than we do now, which is probably too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyllon View Post
    I don't see that at all. People who complain on forums are not unique, not extra special, not more knowledgeable, & not representative. I don't see much evidence that they're accurate. I don't want to be dominated by a vocal minority, and I'm not seeing constructive criticism for the most part. I'm seeing the same old 'game is terrible' kind of thing that exists on every game forum, everywhere. It's not unique, it's not different, & it's not helpful at all. It's negative & depressing, & the reality is, there are negative & depressing people. I don't believe we need to listen to them & cater to them any more than we do now, which is probably too much.
    what are you saying here?

that all negative feedback is unhelpful?

that people complaining are negative and depressing? how do you know this?

should feedback be only positive?

why are people who complain not representative?

Personally I have posted what I liked and what I didn't like. Everyone who posts here is representative of the player base. It is inevitable that there will be differences in opinion. If one finds oneself in the minority of opinion at any one time that does not mean everyone else is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    That goes both ways, you know...

Those who say they like it are just as attacked by the haters, being called Turbine sympathizers, fanboys, etc. Both sides are equally guilty of attacking the other. So don't try to insinuate it's just the people who dislike it are the only ones becoming a victim.
    Simple answer: people should state their points and accept that there will be others who have a different opinions. Forums and surveys are the only available feedback and are therefore vitally important. People should concentrate on what they themselves have to say rather than what others have to say. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, there is nothing worse in my opinion than telling someone that they are wrong just because they have a different viewpoint. Some people could try to open their minds to alternative viewpoints and stop clouding these forums with bickering.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    I would not count on 6-mans giving seals. My understanding from beta is it was intended only raid content - 12-mans - were to give seals. I could be wrong, but that might be something up for a change.

EDIT: This just in with 12.1...

Instances, Raids, Skirmishes
    •Haudh Valandil and Sammath Gul challenge modes should no longer provide seals.
    Sammath Gul was giving seals last week. IMHO, completing the "challenge mode" for a Tier 2 instance *should* be the threshold for earning Seals. Right now completing that is not very difficult thanks to the immense power everyone seems to have.
    Dagranhad - Burglar | Aldgarea - Loremaster | Barathrothir - Hunter | Golladhar - Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyllon View Post
    I agree that folks complaining should not be given any special treatment, though of course if they have valid concerns then the devs will no doubt take their feedback into consideration, as they should. Better sources of information would include player surveys, monitoring of play logs, focus groups and the like.
    The Balrog lives!! Oh, and give MECCG a try.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000002be0/01008/signature.png]Eladrath[/charsig]

Right now completing that is not very difficult thanks to the immense power everyone seems to have.
    And don't forget, it's 4 year old content (Mirkwood was released in December 09), people have farmed that place to death in these past 1,452 days...
    Ricardofurriel 105 Champion Edved 105 Captain Roovery 105 Minstrel Galathriell 105 Lore-Master EddieVedder 105 Rune-Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoFurriel View Post
    And don't forget, it's 4 year old content (Mirkwood was released in December 09), people have farmed that place to death in these past 1,452 days...
    Some people have. I think a lot of more casual players never did the whole routine of the same raid and set of instances every week once cooldown is up. There are people who do look fondly back on the old stuff. Sammath Gul I think is fun, the new Bells of Dale I felt was off so I've only done it a very few times, and the Battle for Erebor might have been an interesting but of all the ones with PUGs that seems the most problematic in waiting around to explain the fights or figure out what was wrong after a wipe. Skraids I still think are fun (but I really can't stand skirmishes solo). I liked things like Foundry I wish they scaled that one, and I'm normally someone who hates scaling. Sad that Erebor stuff only included a single 6 person instance...

Right. Specifically what I had already named when you quoted me. Also, not "some" 6 mans. Those are the ONLY 6 mans that award them.

My point was that you have to run OLD content. Other than the 5 BBs, which get real old real fast, there's nothing to do.

Are you lecturing me on Big Battles? I've ran them... repeatedly. If the objective doesn't bug, I've earned platinum on all of them. They were fun the first 2-3 times through but, now it's just another boring grind. The new content for what was one of the most epic battles in LoTR was thin.

Quote Originally Posted by KillGore81 View Post
    Right. Specifically what I had already named when you quoted me. Also, not "some" 6 mans. Those are the ONLY 6 mans that award them.

My point was that you have to run OLD content. Other than the 5 BBs, which get real old real fast, there's nothing to do.

Are you lecturing me on Big Battles? I've ran them... repeatedly. If the objective doesn't bug, I've earned platinum on all of them. They were fun the first 2-3 times through but, now it's just another boring grind. The new content for what was one of the most epic battles in LoTR was thin.
    The 6-mans are no longer giving seals as of 12.1. They were never intended to give seals, it was a bug.

I have to agree on the big battles being repetitive. Add to that you may get the identical reward x5 or x10 before you get a new one makes it disturbing as well.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

No.

Positives:

- Great landscape design.
    - Big battles are fun at start.

Negatives:

- Obvious beta, rushed content.

- Complete and absolute lost of what little challenge was left in the game, both on landscape and group content. This is a great deal for everyone who agrees that facerolling through everything doesn't make for an enjoyable gaming experience.

- Trait trees lack complexity.

- BBs can become boring very quickly, even more with the numerous bugs and lack of group sizes. All in all they can't replace a traditional instance cluster.

- The quests in the Westemnet have reached new heights of absurdity and lameness. And this is coming from someone who greatly enjoys questing... leveling through this expansion it's almost a painful experience. The reasons have been pointed out in other threads.

- Shameless cash grabbing attempts (third trait spec I'm looking at you).
    Last edited by Sylvaneth; Dec 08 2013 at 01:21 PM.

No.

Pro
    - the landscape is great. Congrats for that
    - Big Battles was an OK idea. Not excellent implemented but I felt that they did the best they could.

Cons
    - nothing left from old Lotro. No challenge doing anything. No brains required for anything. No tactics.
    - BB after some runs will not represent an fun thing to do Friday evening because is no sense to do them, except farmers who want their yellow stuff to kill Sambrog 2 milliseconds faster.
    - the lack of an traditional cluster.
    - the way this expansion is builded as quests. The fact that even after you did your quest deeds you still have to do ALL quest for that point. This way of linearity started in Dunland is not the good thing to do. Please remember how old areas was builded.
    - the fact that I see Mithril Coins everywhere make me sick
    - rushed content. Nothing when you finish the epic. Same icons as last tiers on many items. Lack of instances for compendium V for example. No new cosmetics except one type of each piece of gear. Remember how nice cosmetics Dunland had. Great River as well. Making crafting so silly easy that he have no fun. Making crafted gear so expensive to craft because of shards that no one is using, being better the one you find soloing!!! lvl 95 lib or school.
    - the fact that we took the unfinished product.

Please consider this:

What is the point for double the tactical damage, healing and so on an second age LI? Why this huge gap from an 85 SA to an 95? Before the diference between LI was 10 or so. Now is double. An bridle lvl 85 had 4000 fury. Now it have 12k or 22k, I don't remember. Silly.
    Why we got this horrible dps increase?
    Why we have fun duo most of the instances of 6 man?
    We do skirmish raids in 4-6 ppl. Most of the older raids, 6 ppl, scaled instances on 2-4 ppl.

I don't know how they will ever fix this. No sense having nice landscape if the combat system, agro management and skills should be working together but actually they are functioning separately. They removed most of the skills which lower threat for example. In the same time they made us have the dps increased multiples times. An friend of mine was doing BG raid. He had nothing to lower threat except distracting flames which have 20 sec cd and he is slightly lower agro. Insane. No more calming verse. No more distracting winds. No more SS threat down.
    Andracy - Mns; Andrady - RK; Andrac - Hnt; Andracya - Brg; Gabytza - LM; Anduta - Warden
    Officer of Rangers of Eriador / Snowbourne

Quote Originally Posted by andracy View Post
    - the fact that I see Mithril Coins everywhere make me sick
    Ya, I"m tired of it. I consider using a lot of the things from the store as like a cheat. And troubling too that so many of these things will just apply with the wrong click without any confirmation. I have a lot of these coins from various rewards/lotteries, but I rarely use them except for some revival after defeat. I'm not even going to get extra storage by using them, and that's one thing that I don't mind in a store (if it was TP I'd go for it, but MC feels wrong).

What is the point for double the tactical damage, healing and so on an second age LI?
    Not just tactical. Things across the board are accelerated. I'm not too fond of ever increasing levels anyway, but to add this massive jump in stats is bizarre. It's like pandering to people who like big numbers. I'm soloing some on-level three man instances, which previously I could only consider as possible with my warden. I'm not single shotting things, but that's because I'm a captain, but other classes intended for DPS certainly are.

It was bad when they removed the stats cap originally. But this just multiplies that effect; no caps plus stat heavy gear plus dps heavy gear. And it isn't something that happens over 10 levels, you outgrow some old weapons or gear in one level or less. I've seen several groups so far wanting to do 6 person skirmish raids in PUGs, so clearly things are unbalanced.

This also sort of feels like the player in D&D who thinks he can be a better GM, and then when he's in charge he starts handing out overpowered loot like presents.

My Two Cents...

Landscape & Zones 7/10
    Its just bland imo ... there seems to be very little diversity and the zones more or less are all the same.
    yes, yes, i know, essentially this is how rohan is described in lore but still ...
    as far as the zones go i also feel that turbine has missed an opportunity to create something great here. take the orc camps for example ... why not create another area like dol dinen for example ... ?

Quests 3/10
    boring and uninspired ... if i have to clean up any more dishes im gonna snap ... seriously ... doing it once is ok, even twice i can forgive but the whole manservant theme
    just keeps on repeating itself.

Trait System 7/10
    I actually like it ... as a mini i was always rather annoyed when having to retrait 3 times a night ...
    the system is simplified and i feel that a lot of unnecessary skills got dropped.

Content 1/10
    The BB are simply boring. line up your catapult ... click button A, click button B, click Button C, repeat...that pretty much sums it up.
    the mobs die way too fast and so far i havent even come remotely close to a situation where i might actually get overwhelmed in one of the battles.
    these things are a deliberate timesink(which is fine) but just executed in the worst fashion imaginable.
    what makes this even worse that there are no dungeons in the classic sense in here so we really dont have a choice outside of running the same instances we rant for the past 20 levels.

Music 1/10
    so far one of the highpoints of the game HD completely takes the piss here. i cannot imagine that this is by the same people that did ROR music.

Scale 1/10
    there are many bad things that can be said about MOM but the scale of the place was epic. you really got the feeling you could loose yourself in the mines.
    that feeling is completely missing from HD ...

Difficulty 1/10
    I could play this with a controller and still come out on top.
    seriously ... are you targeting the farmville crowd now or what ?

furthermore what HD lacks is a sense of achievement ... second agers are ridiculously easy to get ... all it takes is persistence in farming nodes.
    im utterly disapointed by HD ...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000156a3b/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Maybe in time this class revamp will come into its own, but so far it was implemented, together with itemization, fairly weakly, in my opinion. I knew in my bones that changing classes would affect the core gameplay in terms of playability of old content with effectively new classes, and I don't think I was mistaken. To counter this, and to help sell the idea that the trait trees are an improvement to your character, they way way way overpowered everyone, to the point that it doesn't matter what skills you use. It doesn't take finesse (the quality, not the game stat - well, or the stat, either, I suppose) to play through the old stuff, and the new stuff doesn't care much what class you are playing or what skills you therefore use or don't use. That throws everything else off balance. My RK has so much vitality, because every new piece of equipment has a metric ton of vitality on it, that my mitigations are capped. I had to change out all my virtues because mitigations from those are superfluous. Of course, changing them out for another small handful of will or morale is basically my only choice for improvement and what's another 60ish will compared to my 200+ will per item? So content, stats, virtues... all totally out of whack. None of that matters through the giant questlines on rails through several quest hubs where all you do is run back and forth talking to this guy or that guy or picking up shiny objects and couriering them hither and thither, and none of that matters when you're galloping across the landscape on your warsteed, so what really happened to our classes is fairly well masked... for now.

It will be interesting seeing what the devs do with their new liberation from the shackles of the old system (the understanding I got from all those twitter dev chats we had earlier this year). What kind of content will the future hold that makes use of the class revamps? Time will tell.
    Townsperson says, "I'm having an adventure. I've paddled all the way from Frogmorton!"

Verizal has provided a good deal of useful information about 12.1 and class balance loot tables etc.

here.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...51#post7033051

also you may like to see this

Quote Originally Posted by Verizal View Post
    Trust me, I am fully aware of the horrors of RNG, and am in the process of working out some potential solutions to ease the pain.
    from here

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...58#post7033058

Verizal's developer tracker is always worth keeping an eye on
    Last edited by Calta; Dec 10 2013 at 03:32 AM. Reason: misquote
    [COLOR="#DDA0DD"][CENTER][B]Peralda[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - The Numenorean Guard - Landroval~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[B]Yvandriel[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - Extraordinary Adventurers' League - Laurelin[/CENTER][/COLOR][COLOR="#EE82EE"][CENTER]And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”[/CENTER][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Calta View Post
    Verizal has provided a good deal of useful information about 12.1 and class balance loot tables etc.
    wow, this guy is such a noob ... is this a dev ? holy #### !

The simple fact is a yearis to short an amount of time to put together a good 10 level expansion the last decent expansion I enjoyed fully was Mirkwood it was dark and atmospheric and the closer you got to Dol Guldur you could sense the dread , that and plus it had some decent end game content and it actually was a finished expansion. Since then ever other expansion has been the same generic landscape which may look nice but offers little along with little or no end game content and usually comes half finished. I appreciate this game is a cash cow now but they have gotta do better than this.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000000f435f/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Calta View Post

here.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...51#post7033051

also you may like to see this

from here

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...58#post7033058

Verizal's developer tracker is always worth keeping an eye on
    Yes indeed, lots of usefull information... farm farm farm and more farm farm farm. Which wouldn't be the problem if it was fun and challenging. It's like the dentist assistant trying to seduce you with a nice outfit and throwing a bit of candy at you... you hope to get closer to her and get more... But infact you're ending up in the chair where your teeth are pulled without annestatic. I don't see him address the biggest problems, loot isn't the biggest problem, it's a side-problem. First content needs to be made harder and classes fixes, and he rambles on about loot etc?? ye, he's really got things covered

And a year isn't too short to bring out good content, but it's dependent on your focus. If you focus on massive promotions and big bucks, yes, 10lvls sounds better alongside with a new and improved big battle system. However, if you focus on quality... you'll get more content too, just not 10 levels, but maybe 5... at least it's going to be qualitative well-designed and entertaining. Focus is too much on the big bucks for turbine, not on quality and providing a world where they take you with so you can explore and discover that world.

Oh how i hate this expansion. Such a waste of great potential. I could see Helm's Deep being the best expansion but instead they chose to rush and release it before it was ready which lead us to a catastrophe. Every single idea is great but none of them is complete. Big Battles, love them. But every single aspect of them is bugged. New trait trees, the idea of not being a jack of all trades but master of none is brilliant. But again, we have AOE champions dealing as much if not more single target DPS than single target champions. We have Gamblers who cant make full use of their damaging gambles because their critical chain skill removes damaging gambles and applies a debuffing one. We used to have challenge without removing our gear and fighting naked.

3/10 for now

Hopefully with upcoming patches it will increase.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast