We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Benefits of New Zone

I'm lazy. I admit it.
    I have been working steadily on leveling my new Beorning, and have not explored the new level 100 quest-line content yet.
    Can someone enlighten me as to the benefits of the new content? Is there new armor, or jewelry or something that is nifty that suggests i should take time from my Beorning to finish the quest line?
    Or just wait til I'm ready and work the level 100 quest line later?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000011d9cf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Afuna View Post
    I'm lazy. I admit it.
    I have been working steadily on leveling my new Beorning, and have not explored the new level 100 quest-line content yet.
    Can someone enlighten me as to the benefits of the new content? Is there new armor, or jewelry or something that is nifty that suggests i should take time from my Beorning to finish the quest line?
    The only real benefit is you get 5 trait points if you complete the regional questlines and the epics. Which, btw, is decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Afuna View Post
    I'm lazy. I admit it.
    5 trait points.
    New class essences.
    1 level 100 First Age symbol (reward from a deed after completing the 3 regional epilogue quests).
    No new armor and a few jewellery pieces (but probably you better option is farm Star of Merits in BB and to purchase gold jewellery in the vendors).
    3 cosmetic pets.
    1 reputation horse (no cosmetic pieces for the war-steed).

BTW the region is nice and i liked the quest chains.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Always, always do what interests you and makes you enjoy the game. The new region will still be there when you're ready for it: if you don't want to go there now, you don't have to. Much better to have fun with the parts of the game you like than to run new content simply because it's new.
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

I was going to say 'nothing', but I didn't know about the trait points.

So, trait points I guess!
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    5 trait points.
    New class essences.
    1 level 100 First Age symbol (reward from a deed after completing the 3 regional epilogue quests).
    No new armor and a few jewellery pieces (but probably you better option is farm Star of Merits in BB and to purchase gold jewellery in the vendors).
    3 cosmetic pets.
    1 reputation horse (no cosmetic pieces for the war-steed).

BTW the region is nice and i liked the quest chains.

And seeing Aragorn march into Pelargir, accompanied
    by a whole lot of live and dead warriors, is an experience
    worth waiting and working for.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    And seeing Aragorn march into Pelargir, accompanied
    by a whole lot of live and dead warriors, is an experience
    worth waiting and working for.
    um...

you can run "retaking pelargir" without doing a single quest in the new update

Quote Originally Posted by Coeprandua View Post
    um...

you can run "retaking pelargir" without doing a single quest in the new update
    Yes, but it's more fun in context.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Erm...the continuation of the story? New areas to explore? New quests? New content? All of that seems like a "benefit" to me.

-Strange-stat jewellery (I got two with huge physical and tactical mitigation on it).
    -Three pets: Require rep items to exchange. Each faction has its own pet
    -Class essences: chance-based essences that gives benefit buffs. Some OP, some useless. I hear that they stack. Require rep items.
    -Elder King symbol: For complete three faction's end quests. Recommend to use Rep Acclerators to shortern the time.
    -Rep items: drops from humanoid, especially signatures or from farming mobs or doing daily quests.
    -Four new factions: it nets you 200TP for complete them all, and the quest pack is only about 800TP. Pelegir rep can only advanced through task items and some quests.
    -5 class points: One from Epic, Four from landscape
    -Nice story
    -Nice landscape
    -Annoyed war-bands because of their shields
    -Deed grinds and rep grindings can be done at the same time
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    -Strange-stat jewellery (I got two with huge physical and tactical mitigation on it).
    -Three pets: Require rep items to exchange. Each faction has its own pet
    -Class essences: chance-based essences that gives benefit buffs. Some OP, some useless. I hear that they stack. Require rep items.
    -Elder King symbol: For complete three faction's end quests. Recommend to use Rep Acclerators to shortern the time.
    -Rep items: drops from humanoid, especially signatures or from farming mobs or doing daily quests.
    -Four new factions: it nets you 200TP for complete them all, and the quest pack is only about 800TP. Pelegir rep can only advanced through task items and some quests.
    -5 class points: One from Epic, Four from landscape
    -Nice story
    -Nice landscape
    -Annoyed war-bands because of their shields
    -Deed grinds and rep grindings can be done at the same time
    Are you sure that the four new factions ALL reward tp???? I will be honest I haven't been using rep accelerators on the area ones because so far the only ones I saw that gave tp was the one for Pelargir. I have tons of rep items in my shared vault lol waiting for me to decide to use them or sell them. I have only seen pets (which totally do not interest me) and coins offered so far (marks maybe too?) on all the other ones. I will admit that i have only gotten them to 2nd tier (ally already with Pelargir though). Anyone else verify that the 3 other areas give tp for rep?

With what I saw as a lack of tp for rep for the areas and repeatable quest few and spread way out it makes me not want to worry about the other rep so much. I will PROBABLY max them all out on my main but definitely not the other 11 toons i have.

Quote Originally Posted by Southy2010 View Post
    Are you sure that the four new factions ALL reward tp???? I will be honest I haven't been using rep accelerators on the area ones because so far the only ones I saw that gave tp was the one for Pelagir. I have tons of rep items in my shared vault lol waiting for me to decide to use them or sell them. I have only seen pets (which totally do not interest me) and coins offered so far (marks maybe too?) on all the other ones. I will admit that i have only gotten them to 2nd tier (ally already with Pelagir though). Anyone else verify that the 3 other areas give tp for rep?
    I need check my deeds log (LOTRO is down right now), but i think only Pelargir one give TPs... as you say.

Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by Southy2010 View Post
    Are you sure that the four new factions ALL reward tp???? I will be honest I haven't been using rep accelerators on the area ones because so far the only ones I saw that gave tp was the one for Pelargir. I have tons of rep items in my shared vault lol waiting for me to decide to use them or sell them. I have only seen pets (which totally do not interest me) and coins offered so far (marks maybe too?) on all the other ones. I will admit that i have only gotten them to 2nd tier (ally already with Pelargir though). Anyone else verify that the 3 other areas give tp for rep?

With what I saw as a lack of tp for rep for the areas and repeatable quest few and spread way out it makes me not want to worry about the other rep so much. I will PROBABLY max them all out on my main but definitely not the other 11 toons i have.
    Hm, so the three factions don't give out TP? Good then, because I don't need to bother to grind the rep items if I need TP. One less thing to worry about is always good.

I advice the use of rep accelerator, because:
    -Daily quests of three factions are spreading too wide, and there are no swift-travel or ports to quest-givers. It will take you a hour and more to complete all of them if you have the 5-minute milestone.
    -You open new daily quests when reaching acquaintance, friend and ally level. With no rep accelerator, you often end the three regions at acquaintance for friend, meaning only a few quests opened. By using rep accelerators if you have marks to spare, you save a lot of time, which is something that I regret for not use them sooner.
    -War-bands and Roving Threats are very hassle to do, especially in low-pop servers. Their rewards are laughable too.
    -Grind the rep items. They are more scarce than normal rep items in low-level regions, so it takes time, and patience for all three regions. Good thing that you can do slayer deeds along with it.
    -Best way to grind Pelegir rep is task items, which you will get a lot during rep items farming.
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Do you by any chance remember where you got that and have you seen others pieces than rings with similar stats?

I found one ring in my bag with 263 Might, ~220 Vit and almost 1.8k (1765?) tact/phys-mit. I think i got it from a EB-reward-box, but i ran so many while i quested through CG, i don't know if i got it from an box, landscape or quest tbh...

Managed to free up a essense-slot with this on my champ, and would love to get one with agi for my poor 'low-mits' mediums...

Regards
    /T
    Dawarad HNT | Dawadan MIN | Dawfast CMP | Dawaran CPT | Dawmur GRD | Dawared WRD | Dawagrim RK | Dawaras LM | Daweric BRG | Dawagar MIN | Dawarar CMP | Dawnakh WRG | Dawbag BA | Dawgil WVR | Dawglob WL |

IIRC that ring with huge mitigations is a quest reward, for the final quest in Linhir.

edit: its a bracelet, not a ring.
    Last edited by Rapunzel666; Nov 18 2014 at 07:11 PM.