We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Star-lit Crystals and Champion's Runes

I just bought the Legendary Item Stat Upgrade x3 from store for 1195 TP. This purchase grants 3 Star-lit Crystals.
    "Delivers three Star-lit Crystals to your inventory which increases your Legendary item's stats. Please note that a Legendary item's stats can only be increased a total of three times. 3 items, 1 use each."

I was not sure exactly what this would do to my 95 second age Rune, except for boosting some stat(s). Maybe incoming healing after what I've heard.

I added one to my Rune, but nothing happened, except for restoring my points spent on the Rune. I spent the points again, and now the Rune was just like before. I tried to add one more Star-lit Crystal, but same story again, nothing changed. So I just spent a lot of TP on Scrolls of Renewal?

Is anyone else having the same problem? I tried to add one to my weapon and it worked just fine. The DPS was increased by 1.0 point.

How is the Star-lit Crystals supposed to actually work on the Runes?

Or am I missing something here? I tried to submit a ticket in-game, but I was just told to report a bug.

Here is a picture of what happened: Left one is my rune before i added the crystal. The middle one is right after i used it, when the points was reset. The right one is after i added the points back on the legacies.

Simsim of Evernight

I only use these during beta because they're free, but as I recall...

I believe Starlit Crystals do not improve percentage, + pulse, and + duration type legacies, only number types. Things like DPS and rating numbers.

I do note that your Incoming Healing rating is not changed, and I would have expected that to improve with a crystal.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

And your Incoming Healing doesn't seem at maximum possible ?
    (as I have +3488 on my 85 1A Rune with 3 crystals)
    Last edited by Castorix; Dec 06 2013 at 03:33 AM.

The only thing that should change on that rune is the ICHR. But wouldn't be surprised if it's bugged again (when star-lits were introduced first they did not work on runes at all).
    Star-lits only modify ratings, which you can usually identify (at level 85+ at least) by high and/or fractional values. Anything that's a duration, cooldown or percentage is not affected.
    Last edited by Grimdi; Nov 29 2013 at 07:03 AM.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

So I hesitate to use crystals on my 95 Rune (they cost >1000G at AH on my main server at this moment)
    My 1A 85 Rune with 3 crystals has more Incoming Healing than my 2A 95 Rune without crystals.
    And if they do nothing... (and Incoming Healing seems to have been removed from all new stuff)
    Last edited by Castorix; Dec 11 2013 at 03:15 AM.

Been bugged for years for champ and burg, still are.

ICHR is such a worthless stat for a DPS class on an LI. It really should be either mastery or finesse.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    ICHR is such a worthless stat for a DPS class on an LI. It really should be either mastery or finesse.
    But IH increases a lot self-healing (it was my main stat at 85 in solo...) and helps Healers in group (my Mini could heal me very efficiently in raids)
    Last edited by Castorix; Dec 11 2013 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    A level 95 third-age Champion's rune-stone gives about 13% additional healing, useful for all morale posts, the Bracing Attack skill, any healing proc you might have, and, of course, all incoming healings from healers.
    It's not bad, especially since you can quite easily get 40k Physical Mastery at level 95, so I prefer this over any additional physical mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliahnus View Post
    It's not bad, especially since you can quite easily get 40k Physical Mastery at level 95, so I prefer this over any additional physical mastery.
    Some Champs I met have already even 56K PM... (without Gold jewels)
    Last edited by Castorix; Jan 15 2014 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    Some Champs I met have already even 56K PM... (without Gold jewels)

I suppose so. The 40k physical mastery I've got is with level 85 golden Rohan rings and Wildermore pocket (low stats compared to level 95 gear, but not yet morally up to replace them with teal items) and with what I've got with quest rewards and warbands in Westemnet. The only thing I've crafted so far is a 2nd age weapon. That's why I said 'easily 40k'. Guild crafting everything (which I could if I had enough emerald shards) would net another 10k.

Still nothing about this bug in Update 12.2 notes
    Last edited by Castorix; Jan 15 2014 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    Still nothing about this bug in Update 12.2 notes
    It was fixed in 12.1, actually. My rune had its incoming healing increased slightly when using a star-lit crystal on it.

Additionally, in 12.1 the incoming healing on lvl 95 2nd age runes was increased by nearly 100%. If you have a rune that was made before 12.1, it's worth using a scroll of renewal on it, as this will set the rune's incoming healing value to the new version.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Pan View Post
    It was fixed in 12.1, actually. My rune had its incoming healing increased slightly when using a star-lit crystal on it.
    Additionally, in 12.1 the incoming healing on lvl 95 2nd age runes was increased by nearly 100%. If you have a rune that was made before 12.1, it's worth using a scroll of renewal on it, as this will set the rune's incoming healing value to the new version.
    You are right, many thanks, I reinitialized it and now I have a correct IH (without that, my 1A 85 rune had more IH than my 2A 95)

Unfortunately Star-lit Crystals are pretty much useless these days. 90% of the legacies are not affected by them, and the few that are you shouldn't particularly want to max anyway given that there are more important priorities (I'm looking at you, stat legacies). They're only any good for a bit more inc. healing if you can even save enough points to max that, and to have the highest possible DPS on a 2H just to boast of it. I miss the 85 days when starlits would give over +5k armor on Hedge legacy. Walking around with 13.5k armor rating was sexy.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RqKkWdz.jpg[/IMG]