We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Update 12.1

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5

    Question Update 12.1

    Any communication yet on a release date?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,192
    Was going to ask the same thing. Just curious if we'll be seeing it before Christmas or ...?

    I know this time of the year a lot of employees take time off for the Holidays, so I am betting it will be after Christmas.

    To note it has been at least a month before we have received updates in the past.
    Last edited by Elderban; Nov 27 2013 at 03:03 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the wilderness
    Posts
    68
    I'll bet it's before December 15th.
    Just sayin'...
    [URL="http://www.sigcreator.com/"][IMG]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/2092919610lotro_lotro32.png[/IMG][/URL]

  4. #4
    I would look for it around December 15th. If they do not make it by the middle of December it will be the second week in January.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Topeka, KS
    Posts
    1,072
    Any chance they push out BB bug fixes before the 12.1 patch, as a hot fix? Just seems to be quite a few things that need fixing, to wait even a few weeks seems like a long time.
    Freeps: Venusia (Guardian), Silya (RK), Dwayr (Champion), Nissys (Captain), Filodon (Burgler), Tyveil (Lore-master)
    Creeps: Venusiel (R7 Weaver), Tyveilakh (R5 Warleader)
    [url="http://kingsbeyondthewall.com/"]Kings Beyond the Wall[/url]

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyveil View Post
    Any chance they push out BB bug fixes before the 12.1 patch, as a hot fix? Just seems to be quite a few things that need fixing, to wait even a few weeks seems like a long time.
    12.1 is a hot fix. Anything that has a period in it is a hot fix. Turbine seems to use the naming convention we use:
    12 - Normal update new features and content
    12.1 - Hot fix to correct defects in 12
    12.0.1 - Emergency Hot fix to correct defects in 12 that can't wait for a regular Hot fix.

    Our scheduling is :
    1) 3-12 months on a Normal Update depending on the product.
    2) Once a month for a Hot Fix
    3) 3 days or less for an Emergency Hot Fix. There is typically only one correction released. Unlike 1 and 2 these are not regularly scheduled.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  7. #7
    I am going to place my bets on Sometimes within the next week for 12.1 or 12.02
    Welcome to Maitenance Mode
    Me: Please Add Draigoch Scales to the Skrimish Camp or Rep Barter Vendors in Dunland We are 30 Levels Past that Content
    Other forum members: You want it... do the content
    Me: Yeah I see your point
    Other forum members: Please add trait points to the store and more valor options so we dont have to run content
    Me: O.o ... Seriously?

    And when the Devs make fun of how buggy it is in Bingo that should tell you something
    Peace Love and Tacos

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,192
    This is why I said HD should have been delayed.

    The longer they take to fix things, the less time people are spending in the game, and thus this means that they aren't spending money either.

    Furthermore, the longer issues are allowed to stagnate, the greater the chance that players will just up and leave the game.

    I've leveled one of my characters to 95 but won't play Epic Battles due to the bugs, and PvP is completely uplayable at this point as well. Since these are the only two end-game options, there's nothing for me to do.

  9. #9
    I dont see this mass flux of people leaving. There are bugs yes, one of the BB is really buggy (Glittering Caves) but you can run the others. Heck you can even run the caves.

    It also could be that people RUSHED to 95 without thinking about what they were going to do when they got there. I got one toon at 95, now im taking others through at a slow steady pace.
    Welcome to Maitenance Mode
    Me: Please Add Draigoch Scales to the Skrimish Camp or Rep Barter Vendors in Dunland We are 30 Levels Past that Content
    Other forum members: You want it... do the content
    Me: Yeah I see your point
    Other forum members: Please add trait points to the store and more valor options so we dont have to run content
    Me: O.o ... Seriously?

    And when the Devs make fun of how buggy it is in Bingo that should tell you something
    Peace Love and Tacos

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,192
    Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    I dont see this mass flux of people leaving. There are bugs yes, one of the BB is really buggy (Glittering Caves) but you can run the others. Heck you can even run the caves.

    It also could be that people RUSHED to 95 without thinking about what they were going to do when they got there. I got one toon at 95, now im taking others through at a slow steady pace.
    No rushing here. Took my time and still got there pretty fast. Classes are OP, content is easy. It's hard not to level unless you buy an XP disabler.

    And the idea of having end-game content is so people have something to do when they do reach level, but if said content is broken...well, you get the idea.

    As far as "seeing" people leaving, you won't see them leave. They'll just leave. However, I did notice that populations have dropped quite rapidly since launch. Numbers are about where they were prior to HD. Not a good sign for it only being a week later.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderban View Post
    As far as "seeing" people leaving, you won't see them leave. They'll just leave. However, I did notice that populations have dropped quite rapidly since launch. Numbers are about where they were prior to HD. Not a good sign for it only being a week later.
    There are a lot more people playing in the kinship I belong to now than there were before HD went live. Glff counts are much higher.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    12.1 is a hot fix. Anything that has a period in it is a hot fix. Turbine seems to use the naming convention we use:
    12 - Normal update new features and content
    12.1 - Hot fix to correct defects in 12
    12.0.1 - Emergency Hot fix to correct defects in 12 that can't wait for a regular Hot fix.

    Our scheduling is :
    1) 3-12 months on a Normal Update depending on the product.
    2) Once a month for a Hot Fix
    3) 3 days or less for an Emergency Hot Fix. There is typically only one correction released. Unlike 1 and 2 these are not regularly scheduled.
    I thought the breakdown was: Update/Patch/Hotfix. Hotfixes are generally just bug fixes and, as the term suggests, are generally always emergency in nature. Patches sometimes incorporate new features (like the Bounder's Bounty) or larger changes, albeit on a much smaller scale than a regular Update, along with more bug fixes. Updates give major features, large changes, and again more bug fixes.

    We've been told Update 12.1 is coming in a matter of weeks. This suggests we should get it before Christmas, likely within the first week or two of December, given the holidays.

    -Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload