We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 39 of 39
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    I'm pretty sure you have to to progress the questline don't you?
    Since everything is chain linked you don't have a lot of options for progression unless you do the line.
    What sucks worse is my friend did it the other night with a tome burning and failed repeatedly then had to wait for the quest cd. He wasn't happy.
    Yes, the quests in Edoras and Underharrow, at least, are locked behind the instance. I went to quest in Aldburg (if i got that right) and around there. At lvl 90 I went back to do this instance and finally did it.

    As I said in another thread, my problem I think was that my burglar could not ditch out enough damage to kill the mobs fast enough, ending in npcs dying, making eowyn bugg.
    When I did it at lvl 90 no npc died and everything progressed as normal. Shame though, cause by that time the quests in edoras and underharrow was quite below my level.
    [center]Anju - Onji - Yuku
    Evernight[/center]

  2. #27
    I was able to complete this instance just fine yesterday. It did take a few attempts from deaths at the boss fight, only because it was on an alt that I rarely play and was not used to the play style / skills. Everything in the instance progressed just like it did months ago running through it on mains or other alts. I did notice that in the first fight, the time between waves does seem shorter, the gate fight was the same. Just have to watch your instructions and you are told to attack the orcs that are attacking the walls. Let the friendly npc's grab agro on the first orcs that attack the gate and then run to the left and/or right and grab the 4 orcs and bring them back to the gate with your npc's, then burn them down. Works well with a class with aoe. Then follow Eowyn around the rest of the town until the final fight. Again, let the friendlies grab the agro and burn down the archer first. The rest of the fight is class dependent, whether you are right in the mix or healing or kiting or whatever. The boss has some hard hits so squishies be aware.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by KielArronax View Post
    I was able to complete this instance just fine yesterday. It did take a few attempts from deaths at the boss fight, only because it was on an alt that I rarely play and was not used to the play style / skills. Everything in the instance progressed just like it did months ago running through it on mains or other alts. I did notice that in the first fight, the time between waves does seem shorter, the gate fight was the same. Just have to watch your instructions and you are told to attack the orcs that are attacking the walls. Let the friendly npc's grab agro on the first orcs that attack the gate and then run to the left and/or right and grab the 4 orcs and bring them back to the gate with your npc's, then burn them down. Works well with a class with aoe. Then follow Eowyn around the rest of the town until the final fight. Again, let the friendlies grab the agro and burn down the archer first. The rest of the fight is class dependent, whether you are right in the mix or healing or kiting or whatever. The boss has some hard hits so squishies be aware.
    The problem isn't the orcs at the walls (unless you don't read what the quest says) but that Eowyn sometimes (for my burglar- most of the times. My first two chars got trough just fine) just stands there and wont progress.

    Ah well, I got trough it eventually. Just a shame that it's so buggy as it's so early on and is required to be able to do the following quests in edoras and underharrow.
    [center]Anju - Onji - Yuku
    Evernight[/center]

  4. #29
    One of the things that seems to make it buggy is when named NPCs die. When it says "The Men of Entwade must not be defeated," I think they mean EVERY named NPC (Agelman, Kenbert, Magenred, etc) tied to the quest. This has to be one of the most poorly designed quests in the game. Failure is way too easy.

  5. #30
    Today with my burg I have been having a hard time getting through this instance..yet again.

    First part fine, killed the orcs, then Agelman and Eowyn just stood there like lemons not progressing at all.

    So after trying to go out come back in etc. nothing worked, I retried it completely.

    So, second time I went through 1st part, then the gate part all was fine and Eowyn says to find someone (can't remember his name).

    We walk up to him and there again it ends and she is stuck.

    This is the most annoying instance, and it still hasn't been fixed?

    I tried to send in a ticket for online help, this also doesn't work for some reason. So please for the love of the game, fix this!!

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwalker View Post
    OK I travel in an instance with Eowyn to Entwade to combat White Hand forces. We go to the front of the village facing the river with 5 other soldiers and the orcs start coming 3 by 3....for 15 min .....for 30 min ..... for 45 min.... for ?? who knows how long before I gave up...probably passed out from boredom.

    What is wrong here..before I gave up in disgust, I was looking to see if I was missing some trigger that I had to do...so I move farther or closer to the orcs...come from the same place 3 x 3..... is this a test of how long you can fight for? .... for Turbine to help us realize that War has no Glory and we should all go home, maybe?

    At least I received 2 levels of Westemnet Orc killing deeds.... Hunters I have now two trait tabs and both Bowmaster and HUntsman with a smattering of Trapper of Foes worked fine....I needed Power pots...

    Please let me know what you experienced, did I miss something, I had plenty of time to read the instructions... Eowyn must survive, Soldiers must survive...
    The Simple answer is -- Yes, you missed something.

    The quest dialog from the NPC Anrad is the key.
    Visit: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Que...lling_the_Wade
    to read the COMPLETE dialog.

    Note the following for Objective 5:
    Mordor Orcs can be found outside the gates of Entwade, hacking at the nearby fences.

    Anrad has asked that you slip past the Orcs at the gate and engage Orcs attacking the walls of Entwade.

    Anrad says, "We shall hold the Orcs here! <name>, you must push forth and defeat the ones attacking the palisades!"
    The fact is, the dialog flys past pretty quickly -- but it is explicit.

    What appears to be a bug is in fact part of the design.
    You can completely ignore ALL of the Orcs attacking the gate and attack only the 4 orcs (2 to the left and 2 to the right) attacking the Palisade (wall).
    Once those 4 orcs are defeated, the defenders of the gate will defeat ALL of the remaining Orcs and the quest will advance.

    IF HOWEVER, you choose to attack those attacking the gate, you will be confronted with wave after wave after wave of attacking Orcs, ad-infinitum!
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden

    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

    Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

    "Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"


  7. #32
    Define irony: the first post about his topic was made Nov. 27, 2013—almost a year ago—and it's still in the 10 posts in this forum. If you perform a Google search for, 'lotro stilling the wade', this thread is the top result. And you get the exact same result with bing. The post prior to mine was made just five days ago.

    I would like to think that Turbine thought more of their customers than to let this insanity they call a quest to continue for this long. There have been far less serious issue that have been fixed in a matter of months or even weeks. I was finally able to complete this quest on my level 86 hunter by doing what I feel is cheating, many others will consider it a normal tactic, by going all out and then simply kiting around the square until my "companions" were able to wear the mobs down. But five minutes of kiting to say alive isn't what I call fun.

    I have yet to complete this on my level 86 burg, who either survives the first fight, by far the worst of the three, while someone else dies. Or he dies while everyone else lives. And it doesn't matter what I try or what skill tree I'm using. Burgs simply cannot put out the DPS to kill all those mobs quick enough nor do we have the necessary skills to grab aggro and if we could, we would simply die.

    If you're one of those players who thinks I'm just being pathetic, you may be right, don't really care. I've never claimed to be an uber player, I don't mind a good fight, I do mind seven to one and be expected to take down those seven in less than two minutes.

    So, thanks again Turbine for creating a fairly class specific, AOE quest. I'm sure all the champions are thrilled.

    P.S. it was #### like this that made me stop playing a year and a half ago.

    P.S.S. I'm sure somewhere you can find this violates your community standards, so feel free to delete.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000002533/01008/signature.png]Tawel[/charsig]

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawel View Post
    Define irony: the first post about his topic was made Nov. 27, 2013—almost a year ago—and it's still in the 10 posts in this forum. If you perform a Google search for, 'lotro stilling the wade', this thread is the top result. And you get the exact same result with bing. The post prior to mine was made just five days ago.

    I would like to think that Turbine thought more of their customers than to let this insanity they call a quest to continue for this long. There have been far less serious issue that have been fixed in a matter of months or even weeks. I was finally able to complete this quest on my level 86 hunter by doing what I feel is cheating, many others will consider it a normal tactic, by going all out and then simply kiting around the square until my "companions" were able to wear the mobs down. But five minutes of kiting to say alive isn't what I call fun.

    I have yet to complete this on my level 86 burg, who either survives the first fight, by far the worst of the three, while someone else dies. Or he dies while everyone else lives. And it doesn't matter what I try or what skill tree I'm using. Burgs simply cannot put out the DPS to kill all those mobs quick enough nor do we have the necessary skills to grab aggro and if we could, we would simply die.

    If you're one of those players who thinks I'm just being pathetic, you may be right, don't really care. I've never claimed to be an uber player, I don't mind a good fight, I do mind seven to one and be expected to take down those seven in less than two minutes.

    So, thanks again Turbine for creating a fairly class specific, AOE quest. I'm sure all the champions are thrilled.

    P.S. it was #### like this that made me stop playing a year and a half ago.

    P.S.S. I'm sure somewhere you can find this violates your community standards, so feel free to delete.
    I'd suggest dipping into yellow line so you can use the aoe startling twist to stun 3 enemies for 8s at a time while staying in red line to maximize dps. Although it's annoying, you could always kite the adds and get the npcs to kill everything for you lol.
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Pleasefarmme-Reaver Eremourn-Burglar Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by dselden View Post
    I'd suggest dipping into yellow line so you can use the aoe startling twist to stun 3 enemies for 8s at a time while staying in red line to maximize dps. Although it's annoying, you could always kite the adds and get the npcs to kill everything for you lol.
    It would seem the actual prerequisite for completing this quest is to get on the forums and vent about it and plan to keep a log of how many attempts you made, who died and in which fight. I just completed it on my burg on the first attempt for today. I don't see where I did anything different than the numerous other attempts using the Mischief-Maker skill tree. It now makes me wonder if there isn't some hidden luck trait that can affect these fights.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000002533/01008/signature.png]Tawel[/charsig]

  10. #35
    My main characters went through Western Rohan when it was first launched, before they made blanket changes to increased the 'difficulty'.

    To fill in the time between Dol Amroth's Daily 'Log in to see if the RNG will give me a quest I need', I've been leveling a Guardian who reached 'Stilling the Wade' a few days ago.

    His a typical leveling character, not the best equipped but still reasonable. However the first few attempts he got well and truely 'Cheesed' (that's like creamed, only it hurts more).

    After that I paused to make new Legendaries, tweak armor to maximize protection, then went in with every buff I could get.

    And strolled through nice and easy without a problem, the preparations made a huge difference!

    Now this doesn't mean the instance is properly balanced, far from it. However it's not totally impossible.

    Step 1 - Take a hard look at your character and make sure there ready, replace any obsolete equipment, get those Hobbit Present Buffs out of the bank vault, beg borrow or steal some Battle Lore and Battle Warding Scrolls, have a good meal before you start.

    Step 2 - The first fight is a DPS race as those orcs come in fast, hit them hard with everything you have. Every class have it own unique skills, use them. The most commonly reported 'real' bug is the NPC standing still here after the fight, because one of them has been killed. If so leave the instance, quit the quest and retry after it's off it's cool down.

    Step 3 - For the second fight, it's just knowing which orcs you have to kill, and not getting tagged by the mobs running up to fight the NPC. Click the quest ring and run out fast. Guardians aren't the fastest at killing things and my NPC survived, so I don't think we have a problem with the over powered orcs one shotting them that has been reported in other instances.

    Step 4 - After that stroll slowly up to Siric to accept his quest, follow the road and don't cut corners. Quest should light up, if not go back to the gate and try again.

    Step 5 - Last fight I followed the advice in this thread and targeted the orc archer first, watch out as the Orcs have a nasty stun that can put you out for what seems like an ice age. Once again the NPC were holding against Orc beating so use your all your class skills, burn them down nice and steady.

    Step 6 - Back to Edoras for Tea and Medals.

    Step 7 (Optional) - Write an apology for when I reach this instances with my Rune Keeper! :P

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawel View Post
    It would seem the actual prerequisite for completing this quest is to get on the forums and vent about it and plan to keep a log of how many attempts you made, who died and in which fight. I just completed it on my burg on the first attempt for today. I don't see where I did anything different than the numerous other attempts using the Mischief-Maker skill tree. It now makes me wonder if there isn't some hidden luck trait that can affect these fights.

    Its true, the first fight changes from try to try. One time I got very few orcs and it ended so quickly i just sat here instead of running down the road. Then at most the other tries I had so many i died within minutes, and others i lived but half the npcs died, the all but eowyn died. There is a randomness to this fight. There shouldnt be. Its not fun. Its annoying. Ive been trying to do this idiot quest almost daily, have leveld up to level 88, and managed to get to the gates, but forgot about the guys on either side. the timer ran out on it and it ended. So i did a search, saw the 'read the quest parts, lol' and have not been able to get past the first fight again now for 2 days, and it bugs out.


    First, it shouldnt have a CD on trying to complete it. Second there shouldnt be a random amount of orcs from try to try. I mean really how dumb is that. Ive done this on my lm, rk and champ no problems, just went through it easily on lvl, and my poor captain is stuck. I wasted pots doing this, and if i want to keep them going have to log her out and wait for that quest to fix itself what is the cool down on it?

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    97

    Thumbs up Fix is in Bullroarer

    Just an FYI that a fix for Stilling The Wade is on the Bullroarer server now. Well at least it won't silently fail like it used to when one of the named characters was defeated. Plus the NPCs in the first battle aren't as wimpy. Although my minstrel eventually (*finally*) finished Stilling The Wade in Live, it was definitely easier to finish in Bullroarer. So there is hope!

  13. #38
    I was previously having trouble getting through this. But with the NPCs made stronger in Update 15 I had no problem and was able to finish pretty easily.
    It used to be that if either Kenbert or Anrad got killed, the dialog could not continue and the instance would get stuck. I couldn't tell if that aspect was fixed because they all lived this time.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    102
    Thanks for all the input on this pain of a quest. I probably ran this damn thing 8-10 times before finding this thread. (Yeah, I know. I'm a glutton for punishment)

    #1 - I was doing this on my mini, so, since everybody had to stay alive, I thought OK, I'll keep them alive. Wrong. I finally switched to straight Dissonance to keep MYSELF alive and do my most awesomest damage
    Even then, if I got a couple of them on me, I had to run like a fool not to die. Oh, yeah, dying is especially not fun because you spawn out in the middle of nowhere and have to run for a few minutes back to Edoras to start the quest again - insult to injury.
    #2 - I totally missed the dialogue about getting the 4 orcs on the outside of the gates. I kept reading and re-reading the notes in the quest log but there's nothing in there about that particular part. I never would have finished this thing if I hadn't found this thread
    #3 - The last part with the little boss Nadar is tricky. I focused on the archer but eventually somehow got Nadar's aggro and had to do some more running but managed to stay alive and finish this less than fun thing.

    So, bottom line imo is to do as much damage as possible to help keep the NPCs alive yet stay alive in the process.
    Belriel ~ Gladden Hunter
    Frie ~ Gladden Minstrel
    ============================== =
    "...you don't have to have blood-ties to get a family feeling about a person ...I have a belief
    that a man's real relatives are scattered throughout the universe, and seldom if ever belong
    to his immediate kin."...."Little Big Man"....Thomas Berger

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload