We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question "Stilling the Wade" bugged?

OK I travel in an instance with Eowyn to Entwade to combat White Hand forces. We go to the front of the village facing the river with 5 other soldiers and the orcs start coming 3 by 3....for 15 min .....for 30 min ..... for 45 min.... for ?? who knows how long before I gave up...probably passed out from boredom.

What is wrong here..before I gave up in disgust, I was looking to see if I was missing some trigger that I had to do...so I move farther or closer to the orcs...come from the same place 3 x 3..... is this a test of how long you can fight for? .... for Turbine to help us realize that War has no Glory and we should all go home, maybe?

At least I received 2 levels of Westemnet Orc killing deeds.... Hunters I have now two trait tabs and both Bowmaster and HUntsman with a smattering of Trapper of Foes worked fine....I needed Power pots...

Please let me know what you experienced, did I miss something, I had plenty of time to read the instructions... Eowyn must survive, Soldiers must survive...
    Galimdras
    ------------------------
    The Rangers of Evendim
    on Vilya
    Galimdras Profile on My.Lotro.com

on the outside of the fence to the left and right there are orcs attacking the fence you need to kill.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    on the outside of the fence to the left and right there are orcs attacking the fence you need to kill.
    I guess it could be clearer, but this is part of the quest text as well.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    I guess it could be clearer, but this is part of the quest text as well.
    I've been trying to play this instance several times today and don't see this text at all. I have the first pack of Orcs that attack but after that, nothing, so my problem is the opposite. It must be bugged. I've run around the whole instance area and all of the men are standing around, three at the gate and three North of it but no attacking bands of orcs at all. Weird. This is the second bug in as few days playing Helm's Deep with Update 13. Not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel1245 View Post
    I've been trying to play this instance several times today and don't see this text at all. I have the first pack of Orcs that attack but after that, nothing, so my problem is the opposite. It must be bugged. I've run around the whole instance area and all of the men are standing around, three at the gate and three North of it but no attacking bands of orcs at all. Weird. This is the second bug in as few days playing Helm's Deep with Update 13. Not happy.
    Odd, I did it yesterday on my champ and it was fine. I waited for the NPCs to initiate the chat sequences before killin' stuff, don't know if that's helpful?
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    Odd, I did it yesterday on my champ and it was fine. I waited for the NPCs to initiate the chat sequences before killin' stuff, don't know if that's helpful?
    Hmmm, weird. I'll have to try it again next time I'm on. Thanks for the response. I guess if it were everyone then it'd be a bug. Perhaps something I'm not doing.

I give up

Okay, I give up. I'm just going to drop it. Just logged on to see if I could work this one again and have it play correctly. This time around, I experienced what Lightwalker did. After I fought the first mob of orcs, the group proceeded this time forward to the front gate whereas before it didn't. They just stood there. At this point I thought the instance was going to work correctly for me. However, after I ran to the front gate, mob after mob of orcs came and attacked with no end. Seriously, after about ten minutes, I just gave up. Two of the NPC soldiers fighting along side me died. I was doing okay but it just never stopped.

I actually just bought Helm's Deep and thought that this was something recent due to Update 13 but then realized Lightwalker posted this initial problem back in November. I've been experiencing other bugs, one that kept me from finishing a part of the epic. What is going on Turbine? It seems like Helm's Deep has been all kinds of buggy. Not happy. Going to drop this quest and move on.
    Last edited by Joel1245; Apr 30 2014 at 11:31 PM.

Okay, I give up. I'm just going to drop it. Just logged on to see if I could work this one again and have it play correctly. This time around, I experienced what Lightwalker did. After I fought the first mob of orcs, the group proceeded this time forward to the front gate whereas before it didn't. They just stood there. At this point I thought the instance was going to work correctly for me. However, after I ran to the front gate, mob after mob of orcs came and attacked with no end. Seriously, after about ten minutes, I just gave up. Two of the NPC soldiers fighting along side me died. I was doing okay but it just never stopped.
    You are not supposed to fight these mobs. Your objective is to kill the mobs to the left and right of the entrance that are attacking the fence. I believe there are two on each side. Once you kill all four of these mobs the instance completes with success.

Note: The waves of attackers on the NPCs at the gate are without limit. They will continue coming until you complete your objective. Kill the designated mobs.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    You are not supposed to fight these mobs. Your objective is to kill the mobs to the left and right of the entrance that are attacking the fence. I believe there are two on each side. Once you kill all four of these mobs the instance completes with success.

Note: The waves of attackers on the NPCs at the gate are without limit. They will continue coming until you complete your objective. Kill the designated mobs.
    Wow, I missed the part in the text where it said my job was to kill the orcs attacking the fence. I was concentrating on the orcs coming forward so I didn't see the orcs to the side, I guess. Either that or they actually weren't there. Not sure since the instance hasn't been working correctly anyway. I saw the "left" and "right" fences mentioned in the earlier post but it wasn't obvious what fence was being referenced at the time I read it as I had never made it to that point. There are fences every where in this instance. lol

Anyway, I got past that one but the instance is still bugged for me. After I took care of that, I'm told to seek out Siric. Eowyn rushes to Siric. I follow. We come up to Siric and nothing happens. No attack, no ring over Siric or Eowyn so something isn't working right in this instance at least on my system and not sure why. The first time, I couldn't get past the first part due to this happening where the instance just stopped. Apparently it's happening again. I might try it a couple more times but after that, I'm going to move on. I'll just chalk it up as the workings of Saruman.

Thanks for responding though. It did help.
    Last edited by Joel1245; May 01 2014 at 01:50 PM.

It must just be me then. I played it again and finally got through it but it was still buggy. Perhaps it's something on my system, not sure. One thing I was doing before was running ahead to the next spot. This time, I made sure to stay with Eowyn. Siric worked for me this time and played it through to Nadar. However, when we got to the last mob where Nadar was, there was one orc who kept shooting at me. When I tried to attack him, I found I wasn't able to. He actually didn't register for me when I tried to click on him but he kept attacking me. I took down Nadar but because I was still being attacked by an orc I couldn't fight back with, I had to let him kill me, port out of the instance, head back to Edoras, port back in and then complete the quest so for me, this instance was all sorts of bugged but perhaps it was just my system if no one else is experiencing this with. Anyway, just wanted to post what I did in case anyone else has this problem with this instance.

Joel

It must just be me then. I played it again and finally got through it but it was still buggy. Perhaps it's something on my system, not sure. One thing I was doing before was running ahead to the next spot. This time, I made sure to stay with Eowyn. Siric worked for me this time and played it through to Nadar. However, when we got to the last mob where Nadar was, there was one orc who kept shooting at me. When I tried to attack him, I found I wasn't able to. He actually didn't register for me when I tried to click on him but he kept attacking me. I took down Nadar but because I was still being attacked by an orc I couldn't fight back with, I had to let him kill me, port out of the instance, head back to Edoras, port back in and then complete the quest so for me, this instance was all sorts of bugged but perhaps it was just my system if no one else is experiencing this with. Anyway, just wanted to post what I did in case anyone else has this problem with this instance.

Joel
    Is this fixed in 13.1? I still haven't been able to get through this, either I kill the first group and no rings show up or I kill the ones at the gates and no rings show up to continue the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by HimToo View Post
    Is this fixed in 13.1? I still haven't been able to get through this, either I kill the first group and no rings show up or I kill the ones at the gates and no rings show up to continue the quest.
    I played it after the update so no, it hasn't been fixed. Where does it stop for you? I had to play it three or four times but yes, it's bugged.

Actually, as a side note, a good portion of the instances in Helm's Deep have been bugged for me. In fact, just got through playing one in the Broadacres (don't remember the name of the quest) where you take off with Frithild and the other Rohirrim on a quest to take down Warg riders. Frithild was on her horse throughout the instance but the three other Rohan riders were, get this, on their horses upside down, attached to the horses by the leg so they looked like they were being dragged by their horses! ha ha! It was actually pretty funny to watch. It took me a while to figure out why the horses themselves were riding around with no riders and then realized when I caught up and was riding along side one. This whole expansion has been rife with so many bugs, I'm not even bothering to report them.

Wow, I missed the part in the text where it said my job was to kill the orcs attacking the fence. I was concentrating on the orcs coming forward so I didn't see the orcs to the side, I guess.
    Same here. I killed orcs wave after wave at the front gate for about 35 minutes before I decided that something was up and googled to find this thread. Sure enough, two orcs were attacking the walls just north and south of where I had been killing orcs for 35 minutes. Once I took them out the quest advanced and we ran to the north end to Siric. When we got there all the orcs had been killed, and Siric had a quest ring over his head which sent us to the western flank where we killed the boss Uruk and completed the instance.

My gut feeling is that if you keep killing waves of orcs too long then it gets bugged and some of the other triggered events don't work correctly. It sounds like there should have been some mobs on the north end near Siric for me to kill.

On the bright side, I gained most of a level and completed the regular and half of the advanced versions of the Orc Slayer of the Westemnet deeds. I don't know if I made any coin on it.

I think this quest may still be bugged. I killed the 4 orcs on the north and south wall and the quest advanced to find Siric.

Found Siric and everything was dead around him, but there was no quest ring over Siric's head and no other way to advance the quest.

Last week, I had the same problem as LightWalker (the OP) described last year did: orcs kept storming the gates endlessly. I couldn't keep up with the onslaught and Eowyn died. Then, when I retried, I fortunately realized that I was supposed to ignore that mob and take out just go after the four attacking the palisades. Well, that was much easier. Glad I wasn't the only one who missed that bit in the dialog. But then, after I completed the next two objectives and was battling the boss, I accidentally let my morale drain. I didn't have time that day to start over.

Last night, when I returned to try again, I ran into the same problem as Joel1234: Eowyn never finished her dialog after the first mob, so she never went to the gate so I could get the quest ring for the next objective. Leave instance and return, log out and back in, quit and restart client -- no change. (I probably should have tried cancelling both the instance quest and its wrapper quest then starting over from scratch, but I didn't.)

I submitted a Help ticket and a GM eventually just advanced the whole instance to "completed". (I was kinda bummed that I never got a chance to exact my revenge on that boss who had taken me out on my previous attempt. Oh well.) All is well now.

I came looking for a search on this quest, and I'm very glad I found this thread too!
    I'm also surprised to find that people having trouble with this quest is very recent too.
    June 27th 2014? That was what.... 5 or 6 day ago now?

Anyway.... I just came from attempting this instance and I too am having the same problem with it.
    just like "Joel1245" I got caught up in fighting the horde of orcs with Eowyn and co, 1 or 2 of the villagers fighting had died in the fray, and when the fighting stopped...... nothing. eowyn didnt have a furher ring over her head, I looked around and couldn't find anything!
    So confusing to say the least! :-/

I didn't even know anything to do with orcs attacking the fence either.
    Again.... so confuisng! :-/

I don't know if this quest is still bugged or not. If it is, I really hope that Turbine are going to fix it at some point, as it is quite a bit of a pain. :-/
    I'm doing this quest instance on a 2nd toon. I don't remember it much on my main, but if I've done it once already, I don't ever remember having trouble with it until now.

Anyway, on my end, I'm going to take the advice here and go looking for said orcs at the fences this time, and see if it works out for me this time.
    And if not, then I will take it to still be bugged :-/, and I really hope that Turbine will have a future fix for it!

Edit : Has anyone here been able to complete this instance yet?
    Last edited by pppppppp; Jul 03 2014 at 12:08 AM.

Well I got to understand what was happening here a bit better this time.
    I helped Eoywyn to kill the first wave of orcs. One of the villagers has to stay alive, (can't remmeber his name)
    and when the fight is done, he will inititiate his dialogue with Eoewyn, leading to the next onslaught outside the gates.

So I dealt with that fight, and then was told by Eowyn to follow her and find Sirric.
    I reached Sirric with Eowyn, and......nothing.
    No quest ring over his head giving me my next task. What gives Turbine? :-/

I give up for now!
    Looks like this particular quest is still bugged. :-/

I have sent a ticket, so I hope to get some kind of answer from them soon. *Sigh!*

Quest is still bugged and Warner has fired so many GMs that I dont get any response on my tickets... No wonder Atari went bankrupt with this moronic company behind the helm....
    Chains of insanity - Doom of GY Reborn - FOTM - WotGE - Fancy Lads
    Retired from LOTRO

Unhappy

Still bugged. Killed orcs outside of the fence (right-left) and no response on any involved characters in Instance.
    I left Instance and enter it again - and there is NO ONE there. Only my character. Alone! (do that 3rd time, 4th, 5th)
    And I logged OFF!

BS!
    Last edited by dejeanx; Aug 03 2014 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanx View Post
    Still bugged. Killed orcs outside of the fence (right-left) and no response on any involved characters in Instance.
    I left Instance and enter it again - and there is NO ONE there. Only my character. Alone! (do that 3rd time, 4th, 5th)
    And I logged OFF!

BS!
    Still bugged...seriously this has been a problem for like a whole year. Got past the wave at the gate and ran up to Siric and all the orcs were dead...no quest ring, nothing. Gonna send in a ticket to get this advanced. This is stupid.

EDIT: The GM advanced the quest for me like 5 min after I sent in the ticket which was cool...but this quest still needs to get fixed.
    Last edited by katia0203; Aug 09 2014 at 09:38 PM.

Finally picked up HD tonight and got all the way up to this quest. Like others have posted I overlooked the text and spent 15 minutes killing wave after wave. Read the trext over and killed the 4 orcs easily enough and followed Eowyn to Siric, heard his spiel then followed them to boss and promptly was stunlocked and died. I'm not looking forward to run the whole thing over just for one fight but anyone have some tips for that last fight when I do go back?

The quest is not bugged..............the instructions in the log lack clarity. When you go to the gate, all you have to do is kill 2 orcs on the left and 2 on the right. Do it quickly so the farmer (Can't remember his name) doesn't die from the charging orcs. It's that simple.

Note that the gate is only a part of the quest and it continues for a while after you clear. The end of this particular quest is much tougher than the gate.
    Last edited by Raenwhyte; Aug 25 2014 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raenwhyte View Post
    The quest is not bugged..............the instructions in the log lack clarity. When you go to the gate, all you have to do is kill 2 orcs on the left and 2 on the right. Do it quickly so the farmer (Can't remember his name) doesn't die from the charging orcs. It's that simple.

Note that the gate is only a part of the quest and it continues for a while after you clear. The end of this particular quest is much tougher than the gate.
    Heh, the end was the easiest part for me yesterday. I had trouble with the first part, since I had assumed that the orcs would come out in waves of 3, but then orcs 4,5,6,7,8,and 9 came out while we were still fighting 1,2, and 3, right as I threw down sticky gourd. Retreating took me out of the entire instance and plopped me in the landscape rez circle miles away, but the second time through, I let Eowyn tank the 9 orcs and just took a couple for myself at a time.

Reminds me how poor an expansion HD was. I would rather grind Sword Halls for 10 levels than do HD if the trait points weren't gated behind quests.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Seems to be bugged still... Guess I had luck with my other two characters, got trough it without any bugs. Now on my third, Eowyn won't progress after the first waves of mobs, so I don't even get to the gate part.. Tried to cancel and redo the quest a few times with no luck.
    And after waiting for a respond to a ticket I gave up, just not gonna do this quest. Ever again.
    [center]Anju - Onji - Yuku
    Evernight[/center]

I'm pretty sure you have to to progress the questline don't you?
    Since everything is chain linked you don't have a lot of options for progression unless you do the line.
    What sucks worse is my friend did it the other night with a tome burning and failed repeatedly then had to wait for the quest cd. He wasn't happy.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast